“Absolutely Fabulous”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Delicatessen
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I’ve visited Oast bar in Spinningfields on several occasions and really can’t recommend the place enough….This is exactly what Manchester has been missing….live music accompanied by first rate (nothing complicated or fancy), good quality cooked food, prepared to your liking on the outside barbecue. The staff are extremely attentive and will go the extra mile to accommodate your requirements and found to be knowledgeable with regards the extensive drink selection on offer. It’s very refreshing to find a bar that offers it all, nice ambience, great food and last but not least, fab background live music; I could go on and on….Well done for bringing something special into Manchester.

Natalie B, Manager at The Oast House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

Hello There.

Thank you so much for our lovely review.
We are glad you love The Oast House as much as we do and we hope you have visited us many times since.

Look forward to seeing you soon.

There are newer reviews for The Oast House

Reviewed 22 March 2012

The Oast house is a cool concept placed in the middle of the rapidly developing Spinningfields area of Manchester.....it is owned by the same group who have the Alchemist, Australasia and Peppermint, which are all just a stones throw away.......I visited on the opening day for lunch, and was dissapointed with the food (the service was good)...we put this partly down to teething problems, and partly because there were more undercover managers in the building than customers, scrutinising every move that was made.......I have been back on numerous occasions since, and been happy each time.....my only critisicm would be that the menu is slightly over priced for what it is........

Hello There,

Thank you for your review.
We are glad you came back after your first visit and enjoyed your experience.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 19 March 2012

First time at The Oast House! Amazing venue! Great choice of food! The Hanging kebabs so flavoursome! The Mixed fish and Beef best ever! Dont chsnge The Menu!! Staff are brilliant. Friendly and helpful! Special mention to James the manager for being so welcoming and attentive. Live background music every night a real treat and such a great night out! Cant wait to take more friends there for a great experience.

Hello There.

Thank you so much for your lovely review.
We hope since then you have had just as many great nights out with us.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 11 March 2012

We ate here early Saturday evening. It was busy and you take pot luck getting a table, but there is a nice bustle and we like the atmosphere. There was live music too which went down very well. Food is from an outdoor kitchen, the burgers and hanging kebabs are delicious. But the perfectly seasoned chips are oh my god the saltiest thing I've ever eaten and I like my salt. Neither of us could finish them and today, several pints of water later I'm still dehydrated!!Watch out for salt poisoning the customers Oast House! But a lovely addition to spinningfields I think. Yes it's busy, but once you're settled in, cosy and fun.

Hello There.

Thank you for your review.
We are glad you enjoyed your time here at The Oast House and we hope to see you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

A very nice building and that's where the positives end I'm afraid. Awful service with bar staff more concerned with ANYTHING other than customers. It was only tea time on Saturday when we went, excited about visiting a new bar in our beloved city centre and really looking forward to perhaps eating there. Queued at the bar....well not so much queued as waited for one of the many barstaff to stop glass cleaning, chatting, self-preening and notice us which they finally did and then cleared our drinks away before they were finished. I will stick to Harvey Nics and the Hilton from now on and suggest readers do the same.

2  Thank lhannah63
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Hi Hannah,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that you did not receive our usual high standards of customer service. Here at Oast House we take Customer Service very seriously and strive to ensure every customer has a great experience with us.
I would like this opportunity to discuss the matter further with you, if you could kindly get in touch. (i have messaged you my contact details) we would like to go into more detail and try and resolve the issue encountered.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind Regards, Natalie Brindle, Business Development Manager