“nice food at reasonable prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Missoula Deansgate - CLOSED

Missoula Deansgate
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
wigan
“nice food at reasonable prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

we had a meal here before the comedy store and it was very reasonably priced and enjoyeable. The decor is modern and there are lots of large booths for larger groups of people, drinks are fairly standard priced in all the deansgate bars with 2 drinks for around £9

Visited January 2014
1 Thank sue h

“HORRIFIC EXPERIENCE!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

Went here on a night out (14/12/2013) and safe to say it was my first and LAST time ever.
It seems that the staff enjoy being on power trips and seem to forget that it is myself and everybody else who has chosen to go in their establishment that pay their wages! Bouncers are RUDE and refused some of my other friends entry and hey then charged us £5 entry on "guestlist".
Drinks are overpriced and taste watered down but that was besides the point; we just thought we'd try and make the most of it since it was the most expensive club to enter on Deansgate Locks.
What really took the biscuit though with this dire club was when myself and my friend decided to go outside to get some air - most places don't allow you outside with drinks so I put my drink on the floor round the side of the door. Seconds later I had some disgusting creature in my face telling me to go back inside and pick it up - I refuse to let someone speak to me in such a manner so ignored him and went back inside to sit at a table. He FOLLOWED me in, to begin shouting in my face to go and pick up my cup and claiming to be the "manager" - I didn't realise you can be underage and be a manager of a nightclub. He soon forgot I was a customer and started telling me that I am costing him money by having him pay for cleaners to clean the floor - for the price of the drinks in there he should be paying a cleaner to clean all of the stale alcohol off the bottom of my shoes from where I got stuck to the manky floor several times!
Once again though, did this guy forget I am actually a paying customer and I could not give a toss about the finances of the place I'm in?
He tried grabbing my arm to pull me out and threatened to get a bouncer to throw me out of the club. The guy was clearly on some kind of power trip with how this escalated - especially considering that I had hardly drank anything and still had my wits about me at this time. But even if I was steaming drunk this is not the kind of attitude a so called manager should have!!!
At the moment I am contacting Manchester City Council to lodge a formal complaint about this guy, especially for the fact he touched me when there was zero reason to - however for anyone visiting the city I would say avoid this place like the plague!
Overpriced, snotty staff, sticky floors and just a generally nasty club - don't waste your time!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Charlotte12345678
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Nice and quiet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

I had taken my family in to the city centre on Sunday and after 2 hours of walking around we decided to stop somewhere to eat, everywhere on Deansgate close to the markets was packed full of people so we continued walking to see where we could find until we reached Deansgate locks. We didn't realise the bars on the locks were open during the day and always saw them as night clubs, we walked into Missoula as it was the first venue as we walked over the bridge. It was quiet with maybe 3 other tables eating. It was lovely and warm with christmas music playing in the background. We sat down in a booth and looked through the menu. We realised after around 10 minutes of sitting and waiting that it wasn't table service so I got up and went to order at the bar. We ordered a sharing starter which was around £15, some main meals and some drinks. After around 10 minutes the waiter walked towards us with massive wooden board full with food, we really didn't expect this size of portion for our starter but it was shared between 4 of us and food was amazing, I especially liked the chicken strips and the ribs. Our table was cleared within about 5 minutes of us finishing and we were asked if we wanted more drinks, which were brought to our table. Our mains came out in around 10-12 minutes. They were fantastic and presented beautifully. I had a hotdog with topped with cheese, onion and mustard. Our table was cleared and we were offered desserts and coffees. We had to decline on desserts as we were so full! We stayed for a few more drinks before making our way to the busy bus stop. Missoula was so warm for such a big venue that the cold hit us as soon as we left. We were all glad to have walked to the locks out of the way of all the hustle and bustle of Deansgate.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Michellesummers1972
wales
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Having pre booked a table for 8 having arrived for birthday weekend with girlfriends they had no knowledge of the booking but that was not a problem with the table as there were only 4 other people in the place and this was a Friday evening, any way no draught lager why we asked it's been off for days so why was it not sorted before the weekend? Ordered the food they came back sorry not enough steak why? We don't really do food so why do you have a comprehensive menu then!!!!!!! The duty Manager came to see us said that he was sorry for the problems and he said the pumps are on and working strange is this a ploy for people to spend more money on bottles? He also gave us a bottle of bubbles so that was nice the place soon filled up defo a young bumping place not for a mixed age group

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank tinkerbell3
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Funky Venue”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

I've been in here a few times after visiting the Comedy Store. Great atmosphere and the people have always seemed reallly friendly. Can get very busy of a weekend so you could be waiting in a queue or at the bar, get in early if you can.

Visited June 2013