“Out of this world eating experience”
Review of Thalassa by Mykonos - CLOSED

Thalassa by Mykonos
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Went on Saturday 10 March with my partner to this place. We had a meze voucher and we were not dissapointed. The food is brilliant, each dish with its own unique flavour, although a couple sat behind us were moaning that some dishes had cheese in them and tasted the same (get a grip love) . The service was great and the young girl who served us made sure we knew what each dish was and what was in it. A wonderful place with wonderful people. We are returning

1  Thank RobboBlackburn

Reviewed 7 March 2012

Visited this restaurant last night for the first time. We had a voucher for the Greek Meze and wow, lots of different dishes to try. Plenty of food, all of it very delicious. Some items I hadn't tried before and some I had, but all these were tasty. Felt stuffed about half way through eating but I didn't want to leave any of it. Left some bread items in the end. = (
I did have to make reservations with the special offer I had, but it seems to be more of a walk-in place, somewhere between a cafe and a casual restaurant. The decor was nice - greens, black, browns and quite a lot of bench seating which looked comfortable. We were seated at a good-sized table with padded, roomy dining chairs.
There is no drink list so no prices although I imagine they'd tell you if you ask. We had a bottle of house white wine which was nice, for £12.99. I think that's one thing they should adopt to make a better dining experience.
Upon leaving, picked up a paper menu to take with me and found out they do take-away and delivery within 3 miles.
Will definitely be going here again!

Reviewed 5 March 2012

I visit recentely that cafe restaurant and i have to say that i was suprised about the quantinty of the food, also i strongly believe the quality of food they provide was very tastefull and yummmmmyyyy.
I easy give the guys 10 starss!!!!!
The Only original Greek. search it

We love you Thalassa!

1  Thank Nick rey n
Reviewed 4 March 2012

This has to be the worse meal or should I say "food" I have ever had. We bought through living social and when try to book a table was told we had to waits weeks cos they were so busy yet on the night it was dead!! the deal cost £20 for the value of £49.99 for a 15 dish meze. I bet the lot cost a tenner if that! No greek beer only Carlsberg which a weak beer. The foos arrived, there was very little to nothing greek about it. Was told there was no humous!!!!! we were give 15 very small dishes of party food!! 2 dips, 1 small feta cheese, tomatos and onions, very small amount of flat bread between us all. dish of potato salad, very very small dish of tuna paster swirls. 1 small dish of very dry chicken which looked like it came off a drumstick. 3 meat balls and a frankferter with mustard on it... now you tell me, does that sound greek to you??? NO IT DOES'T!! my friend was served a late coffee in a mug with a large chip on the rim. we asked for black pepper 3 times and when eventually it came it was just a ordinary pepper form a shaker..

Reviewed 3 March 2012

i feel sorry for this place, as they clearly don't know what a good restaurant is. All the ingredients were from tesco. One course was even herta frankfurters. The chicken pieces were the pre-cooked ones out of a packet. The pasta was the stuff I have at home. It is right in the middle of the student district, but surely even students are more discerning than that. If the greek banquet was a fiver then it would probably be value for money. Some bits of it were OK. They also only have carlsberg beer, not even anything greek! The people were nice, and I don't think it is a cynical scam, I just think they are a bit clueless. Our booking was through a deal website, so possibly they served us the rubbish, but one thing they did do was make us book really far ahead, as if it was really busy, which it very much was not.