Book In Advance
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Recommended experiences in and around Manchester
from US$45.70
from US$15.67
from US$22.20
More Info
All reviews walking tour two hours central library knowledgeable guide complete tour great humour superb tour interesting walk city centre highly recommend the tour midland hotel mixed group wealth of knowledge northern quarter royal exchange enjoyable tour interesting facts
Reviewed 13 December 2018 via mobile

Had a superb tour around the historical buildings of Manchester city centre today (13/12). Our guide was Mr John Alker. John really was very, very good. He has a meticulous knowledge of the history associated with the older buildings of the city centre. On top of his knowledge John has a good sense of humour, making the walk even more enjoyable - very highly recommended !!!

Date of experience: December 2018
1  Thank John H
Reviewed 15 November 2018

John is quite simply the best town guide I have ever had in the UK, he is extremely knowledgeable but presents the information in a humorous and very entertaining way, and he is able to adjust his presentation to different groups' needs and levels. I have actually been with 3 groups led by him - a Heritage group, a group of French visitors and a Rotary group - and he was quite brilliant in adjusting his presentation to his audience each time, and in adapting his tour to take them to places in Manchester to suit their interests, different each time. In the most recent group, everybody there has since told me how delighted they were with his tour. When I next bring a group to Manchester, John will be my first choice for a guide.

Date of experience: October 2018
1  Thank Silverhair303
Reviewed 15 November 2018 via mobile

I have been on quite a few of the walks and they never disappoint.The"Spooky walk,took us to many places in Manchester that are reputed to be haunted and linked in with historical events,it made a thought provoking and interesting event.

Peter O'Grady had many tales to tell and although I had been on the walk before, he told us different tales that hadn't even been included on the last one.

As ever,can definitely recommend a couple of hours on getting to know our city.

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed 12 November 2018

I have lived in the Manchester area for over 20 years and don’t know much of the history so thought this might give me a little insight. I went along (by myself) on the 10th Nov, and my guide was Pauline. From start to finish I can’t fault this tour in any way. Pauline was so knowledgeable and clearly loved what she did. I would recommend this tour to everyone regardless of nationality or age. One thing I would say is take a drink of juice with you as you may be walking for a while and although I was lucky I would recommend you also take an umbrella.

Date of experience: November 2018
2  Thank Relax07015292509
Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

I throughly enjoyed the tour with John on Saturday 27 October, he was extremely knowledgeable and kept us entertained and interested through out the tour, I learned a lot about both Manchester and the royal family in the 2 hours that John took us around the city from 5 star hotels to back alleys and laneways all the time linking the past to the tour ,

Date of experience: October 2018