See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

I booked this hotel for one night on Booking.com, as the reviews on there were pretty favourable and I just needed somewhere to lay my head after a gig. I didn't see the reviews on here until the day I arrived.

The hotel itself is nothing special and could use some tlc but my bed was comfortable enough for one night and it's in a good location (albeit above a pub, the entrance in a alleyway) so I checked out the next day feeling positive. However, due to other people's comments about their cards being cloned, I kept my eye on my account.

And today, two transactions came up for things I haven't bought. It could be a coincidence, I suppose, but given how many other people have had this happen to them after staying here, I feel like I should advise anyone looking to book a night here to exercise caution... in fact, just stay somewhere else.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank hamiltonbex
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

This is hell in hotel form. It's dirty, dated, rude staff, shared toilets ... couldnt even find the shower. Loud and by the bins. This is literally the worst place I have ever stayed- even if you just want a bed for the night don't do it... It's like a horror movie.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank JillyR91
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

I wasn't expecting the Ritz for the price and certainly couldn't fault the location, albeit the alley it's situated in, doubles as a toilet. However, it's within spitting distance of Piccadilly Gardens so can't fault that.

The place itself is very shabby but clean, breakfast consists of a bagged continental one which you choose and collect from the kitchen and eat in your room. Mohammed and the female member of staff were both extremely helpful.

The downsides were: it's above a pub, so very noisy till about 1am on most nights. Also not a suitable place to stay if you have mobility issues: steep staircase to get into the place and my bed was VERY low like a camp bed.

Overall it's somewhere to lay your head.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Please read

When we first arrived to the hotel, we found the reception guy and his name is Ashob. He was talking on the phone for around 5 minutes and we were waiting for him. Because I knew the language he his talking with, it was not an important call at all. After he hang up the call, he took my ID card and gave us the room key. We went to the room and it was smelling very bad. The there was two lights one of them has a weak lighting and the other was not working.
our stay was on Tuesday 1st of August and our check out was on the next day. Our flight was on Wednesday the 2nd of August at 20:45. So I have told the reception guy -Ashop- if we can store our bags at the hotel on Wednesday until 15:00 and he said: "yes Ofcourse we keep them for you here and you can come and collect it whenever you finish from the city and ready to go to the airport" I thanked him.
So, on Wednesday, after we had a walk in the city and bought some things for our families back home, we decided to go and take our bags to go to the airport , unfortunately we found that our bags brought out of the store room and thrown in the area in front of the reception, there was another guy at the reception who was angry at us and said: "take your bags and you are not welcomed"
I asked him what's wrong? He said I don't want to waist any time talking to you, you Muslims are the worest .. and he was accusing us that we left some Drugs at the room, which we did not , and he refused to show me the drugs. He said you have 5 minutes and you will find your bags at the street.
I have been travelling all around the world, but did not have a such experience and such treat. This hotel/Hostel is a shame to have at booking because they have no respect for customers. He was disrespecting us as arabs and Muslims.
The most important thing, i have forgotten my ID card at the reception, they are not replying to my emails.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank Moosa A
Reviewed 26 July 2017

We arrived and a guy let us in the security door as he was going in; the poor man looked homeless. There was no-one at reception and on the 'front' door, in the grimy backstreet that they dn't show on the picture of the hotel, was a sign...'Back in 15 mins'; from when?

We waited for 1/2 an hour then got out of there. Even though there is cctv the hotel denied we were ever there and Booking.com took their word for it, despite me describing the inside of the place. They do not answer the phone

Like others, after paying with my card to stay here it was cloned by someone.. Despite all this Booking.com still list it and gave me £20 to say sorry.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple