“Totally new look”

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Totally new look”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013

Not been to Vanilla since 2009, but single again so back on the scene,
looks fab, trendy cool , great to see a venue that reinvests , music ace, lots of different events each month, drinks competitive , staff friendly , manager Merry welcomed me back and got me a free drink.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank MissEngland2010

derbyshire
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Girls only but a little over rated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2013

Very small bar which allows a lot of women into a very small space with barely room enough to turn around. Still it seems to attract crowds at weekend and during pride its almost impossible to move once inside. No disrespect to the Vanilla Bar but I think a little over rated and shame its the only lesbian bar in the area as I think a bit of a bigger space would work better. Need to add the Bar staff are very friendly but the DJ last Summer appeared rude. I can remember her barging past us almost knocking me out of the doorway near the bar then giving us awkward looks making us feel unwelcome. Havent been back since!

Visited September 2012
3 Thank femme37
Liverpool
“A little gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012

Visited here a few times now and the positive reputation is well deserved. Lovely door staff , friendly bar staff, great music and cheap drinks. It's nice to go out and feel safe not mention not being ripped off by the often over priced drinks where the pink pound is popular! Would recommend this bar in a heartbeat for a guaranteed good night,

Visited September 2012
Swansea
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Not the best!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

Visited here on Bank Holiday Monday (9th April 2012) around 7:30pm. When we arrived it was quiet which I found strange for a bank holiday Monday. The bar maid seemed very distracted and on edge and constantly texting on her mobile phone, there was one other couple present in the bar. Music was great and I felt that if it was a little bit busier there would be a great atmosphere.

We decided to play pool, half way through our game the bar maid came and turned the music down at the sound station behind a door right next to pool table and then proceeded to argue with somebody on her mobile phone. When the call was finished the girl exited the bar leaving us on the premises alone and returned minutes later with the advertisement boards from outside, and then started to clear the bar of drip trays etc. We took the hint but no explanation as to why she was closing so early. When my partner and I visit Manchester we always visit the gay village to support and we were heavily let down by Vanilla which was disappointing. Only positive was that the beer was of good quality and value but was far outweighed by the non-existent customer service.

3 Thank kelevs78
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 119 helpful votes
“Needs a refurb”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

~To be fair we did only pay £1 to get in, but inside there needs to be some work done. A total refit is in order!

Visited April 2012