“Very poor”

Missoula
Price range: US$4 - US$16
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Missoula Piccadilly Gardens is right in the heart of Manchester's city centre. By day a relaxed and friendly place to grab a bite to eat and catch up with your friends or to escape the office, by night we become the perfect place to party offering style and substance without an ounce of pretension. Open early for breakfast and coffee, Missoula serves freshly prepared food until 10pm, so why not try a dish from our menu? If food isn't top of your agenda, you could always treat yourself to one of our fantastic cocktails - we promise that you won't be disappointed. If there's a group of you or its a special occasion, book one of our exclusive booths and party the night away in style. Whether there are 10 of you or 200, whatever the occasion, contact us via the 'Book an Event' link and allow us to tailor your visit with us to your own specific requirements!
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Visited here yesterday (4.4.14) ordered two meals and two cokes. Meals hadn't arrived after fifty minutes, was particularly busy. Spoke to the assistant manager, the most arrogant self loving idiot I've ever come across in my life. Conveniently our meals were just being plated up and would be with us in a minute.

Fifteen minutes later and over an hour in total the most disgusting plate of fish and chips were presented to me and my friend. Batter was almost black as the oil obviously hadn't been changed. Contacted the manager, a lovely bloke called cal I believe. Had a full refund and the offer of a free breakfast which unfortunately we couldn't accept as travelling back home.

This was very kind and although we left hungry, was very impressed by his honesty and professionalism.

But to add one more thing, with regards to the assistant wearing the black blazer who was obviously more concerned by who was looking at him. Your blazer was covered in food stains, your beard was unkept and untidy, your attitude stinks and if I was ever spoken to the way you did to the waitress in full view of customers I would have knocked you on your back side. Your in the wrong job, little man syndrome doesn't bode well in hospitality.

1  Thank Hulk222

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Lovely bar - didn't eat only had drinks but food looked and smelled delicious so would go again to sample the food. Nice atmosphere and good music. Good selection of drinks.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Party of 10 ladies for lunch - receommended by 2 of us as we had been in here before. OK we did order in pairs rather than as one group and were told that there was going to be a wait. Not a problem when you know even though only ordered burgers/sandwiches.
After 1 hour the pair that ordered last got their sandwiches (and we had seen tables who ordered after us get their food but we presumed that the kitchen staff had decided to serve all 10 meals together).
Over space of the next 1/2 hr another 6 meals arrived leaving us 2 short. So we spoke to a man (who we later found out was the Manager!) who told the lady who was asking where the missing 2 meals were 'I saw you eat the meals!' How he saw the 2 ladies eat their meals as they had their back to the restaurant was beyond us plus there was 8 empty plates and 2 sets of clean cutlery on the table.
The ladies concerned were very angry but calm and clearly stated that they had not eaten the missing meals. The manager went off to the kitchen and 5 mins later came back saying they had served 10 meals and that was that. We realised we were sat under the CCTV so asked to check it with him as we had not been served 10 meals. Manager goes off to the kitchen and 5 mins later comes back and says 'He holds his hands up and the 2 missing meals will be along shortly'. Understandibly we asked for an apology to which the manager states 'he would have offered the whole party a free drink and a refund on the 2 missing meals but seeing as we were being defensive he wasn't going to give us a drink now'.
10 mins later the 2 meals come out (not quite what was ordered but at that point we were just pleased to see 2 meals) with a refund on the 2 meals.
So could we comment on the food, it was average.
Comment on the service: terrible, disgraceful, even the other staff were embarassed re their boss.
Never again.

4  Thank ECS29
Reviewed 28 April 2014

we arrived at the Missoula at 8:30 looking for some were to eat, and Missoula looked like a nice place to stay. when the rest of our family joined us we went up stairs and pushed some tables together and made ourselves comfortable. After 15 minute we all had ordered our meals and couldn't wait to eat. The restaurant was nice the music was really good, we only ordered 1 starter and it came pretty fast. The main courses started coming at 9 but in 10 minute intervals, so some of our party waited an hour for fish and chips. But when me and my partner were sat there at 9:45 and the kitchen shuts at 10:00 and we still hadn't had our order we started to ask questions, and it seemed like the waiters had no clue what to do or what was going on. when our food came it wasn't what we ordered so we asked for the manager. 5 minutes later a member of staff came to take our food to take to the kitchen to find our order why'll our family's plates were still sitting in front of them as they have been for the past 45 minutes. when the manager finally came he apologised to me and my partner and offered us free drinks and our money back, but we didn't think that was 100% fair on the rest of our family who had to wait just as long as us, we felt like if we went to McDonalds we would of had our meal 100 times faster and could of had some family time together to talk instead of wondering were our food was. Before our food come at 10:20 some of our party had to leave, and when our food came we were so hungry we dived in. The food was average and I would have been more than satisfied if it came 1hour 30 minutes earlier. when we finished we couldn't wait to leave and safe to say I wouldn't advise this restaurant to anyone.

1  Thank heevey
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We went (7 of us) to Missoula on Saturday evening last (26th April) for something to eat at about 8:30ish.

We asked for a table for 7 and were told we could go upstairs and basicaly put the tables together ourselves (no great issue with that although most other places would do this for you as a matter of courtesy).

We ordered our meals together at around 20.57 (according to my receipt) and paid up front as you have to in these types of places and returned to our table(s) to drink our drinks and await our food.

First two dishes came at 21:20, then a further single dish came at 21:30...I was getting a little impatient and hungry so chased up the remainder of our order and "magically" another two dishes arrives including mine - so five out of seven.

As the hour came round we chased again, and asked to speak to the manager. The staff whilst certainly not rude in anyway were really ambivalent about checking we were ok with our order, and not interested to be honest in service at all. it was an effort for them to get the manager quite frankly.

Then the last two dishes "magically" arrived but were the wrong order!!

Finally the manager arrived and whilst keen to rectify the situation, made no apology for the slow service or for the bad dining experience we had been given. Yes - he arranged for the incorrect meals to be put right (they arrived at 22:20 - 90 minutes after our original order) and after some reluctance they were given at no cost, plus he offered some free drinks for the couple concerned - personally the whole table's dining experience at Missoula was ruined and there should have been a round of beers offered and most importantly an apology to the whole table about the poor service.

I appreciate things go wrong, but its how you deal with them that matters. This was poorly handled by the team at Missoula and it would put me off ever dining there again.

I mentioned that I may take to social media to raise my frustrations and was told "its up to you so go ahead"..so here it is!!

With restaurants where you pay up front, you get nobody checking up to find out if your meal was ok or updating you on if your order is late - so I guess that's a lesson to be learnt.

There were many other diners in there who seemed to be getting their orders ok so perhaps it was one of those things but I just felt the way the problem was handled was awful.

5  Thank ncfcboy