“Nice themed adventure golf”

Paradise Island Adventure Golf
Ranked #19 of 59 Fun & Games in Manchester
Reviewed 22 June 2014

First time visiting this place was for my birthday last friday, I love mini golf and we don't have anywhere near where I live to do it, so whilst me and my friends were shopping at the trafford centre I chose to take the opportunity to visit. We decided to play one round of golf for £7.50 each. As we had done lots of shopping we noticed the locker option, this was £5 per locker, however you got the £5 back after the game so this was perfect! We got to choose our balls out of a selection of colours and then handed our golf clubs. We then got to choose a direction left or right to start play. We chose right purely because there was a family starting the left course already. Instantly you could see the effort gone into the theming, and I am all about theming! I loved the tropical feel to it, including the warm temperature, dozens of animals, a mayan temple and of course the thunder and lightning effects. The course was not too challenging but still challenging enough for 5 "20-somethings" to laugh at ourselves for not being able to putt it. It makes it awesome for kids too as they would be able to give it a good go and probably do better than the adults. The 19th hole was an extra little thing that steals your ball and gives you the opportunity to win a free games token, unfortunately none of us did and we got insulted by a voice from above for missing haha. It was so much fun and I would love to visit again and try the left hand course.

2  Thank SparklinDiamond

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend came here for a date night we wanted to go somewhere we couldn't with our new baby! For a change of going cinema or eating out!
We both enjoyed it the wait going round the course were quite long as there was a big group in front of is which we wasn't aware off! We went to the right side & is a lot more fun then the left!

Would have another date night here :)

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

After playing crazy golf on holiday abroad I came here hoping that it would be similar and a great experience. The prices are cheap(ish) as a student I paid £9 for both courses which isn't to bad but for families and children it could get expensive.( but still cheaper than a movie at odeon with popcorn and drinks) the course is laid out well. You have a choice of two courses on your left and right from when you enter. Crazy golf is pretty simple but we still enjoyed the games. The rain and thunder effects where nice and I must say I jumped when I saw the lightening then laughed when I realised it was just the lights. We went during the week at about 4pm. It was really quiet. With only 2 couples playing ahead of us and they where already passed the 5th hole so we never really waited to play on any hole. However when it's busy it does seem like it can get quite hectic so I say choose timings carefully. After you finish the 18 holes. There is a bonus 19th hole which gives you a chance to win a free game if you get the ball in the middle. My partner managed to get it in the hole which was a surprise but I missed. But it proves that it's do-able. lol. I would recommend this place and it was lovely, quiet and had pleasant helpful staff. The jokes are entertaining, especially the trick shots, and it's a good way to waste time.

1  Thank Aneesa8
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This is pretty much a crazy golf course in a large room with a jungle theme (or sorts). Hence all the delights of crazy golf ensue such as queuing for the next 'tee' and generally making the most of the occasion. Perhaps I am just not a fan of these things but I feel it was expensive for what we did .. that said, it is ideal for all ages and hence great for toddlers and grandparents too.

1  Thank CaptainFlashman
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Paradise Island Adventure Golf is up in the Dome at the Trafford Centre. Next to the laser quest and climbing wall, Paradise Island has two different courses to tempt you. Adults are priced at GBP7 per round or two rounds for GBP11.

After playing both courses, it's worth paying to play the full 36 holes! Unlike most adventure/crazy golf courses I have been to in the UK, Paradise Island have gone to town on the theming at it really works. The holes are difficult (but not impossible) at times but fun and challenging.

Only negative for me, were the other people playing the course. Most multi-person groups seemed to let one person play through the hole at a time. This lead to long waits at some holes. If you allow everyone to tee-off and play their other shots in turn it speeds things up alot!

Really is only a small negative point though!

Another fun thing, after you have finished your 18 holes, you have a 19th hole which gives you a chance to win a free round. Its a putt into a central ring of 3. If you hit the middle you win!

All in all, a great distraction from all the shops below!

1  Thank coyotes_uk