“Not suitable for families”
Review of Didsbury House

Didsbury House
Ranked #3 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 19 April 2012

We stayed with 2 small boys in 1 of the larger rooms. Our disappointment was that we were charged full price for breakfast for my both boys (2 and 4 years olds) when they only had cereal. Bad value for money.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Brid W
Dan E, Manager at Didsbury House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Dear Guest,
As discussed following your stay, I wanted to again apologise sincerely for the administration error in charging you for breakfast for your children. I can assure you it is not the hotel’s policy to charge for such young children having so little from our continental selection. As soon as we were made aware of this error your account was refunded the charge. I understand that this experience has tainted your view of the hotel though I trust our prompt action and sincerity will persuade you to return in the future.

Reviewed 18 April 2012

Working in the industry I tend to be fairly critical when it comes to casting opinions of hotels but I felt compelled to review this little jewel situated in a delightful suburb of Manchester just 10 minutes drive from the city centre.

The hotel is beautifully appointed, spotlessly clean, intimate and relaxing. Our room (35) was a duplex room with a huge shower on the mezzanine floor and a roll top bath in the bedroom itself next to a superking sized bed. The bed is the comfiest I’ve ever slept in and the monsoon power shower was an experience itself. The Irish breakfast they serve is excellent and great value despite the high price. The staff at Didsbury House are its greatest asset though. Everyone we encountered was genuinely friendly and nothing was too much trouble.

I couldn’t find fault and believe me, I tried. I know exactly where I will be staying the next time I’m in Manchester, sooner rather than later I hope.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Clare P
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We stayed up for the weekend at the Didsbury House Hotel recently when I was working in the area. It is an Oasis in the city with a quiet reaxing feel just yards away from the buzz of Didsbury and a short bus ride from the Curry Mile. We upgraded and got a huge room with a bath in the bay. Strongly recommended

Reviewed 2 April 2012

The hotel is in a leafy part of Manchester near to the botanical gardens and close to Didsbury village. Car parking is good. It is very secure in that you have to be ‘buzzed’ in. It feels like walking into a huge and beautiful home, not a hotel. There is an amazing stained glass window at the top of the beautiful staircase and each of the lounges has original architectural features. It has a quiet and relaxed atmosphere- we stayed in Room 43. The room was spacious and décor is tasteful and understated. The bed was huge and so comfortable. Lovely bathroom with bathrobes provided. The staff were friendly and efficient and breakfast was very good. Classic FM was playing when we entered the room, so set the mood for a relaxing stay.

Room Tip: Discuss your needs with the staff before booking
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Stayed here last Tuesday the 27th of March, its a friendly place with an easy going relaxed attitude. Best thing about it is the ample parking and peace and quiet, its in a residential street near the centre of Didsbury. I was working in Manchester and never had such a stress free visit, the train station is a few minutes walk away. Fresh milk in the room is a nice touch, and there is a huge bath in the room. Breakfast is served in the same friendly manner, although it is arguably pricey at over £15.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank LondonNifty
Reviewed 27 March 2012

My girlfriend and I arrived at Didsbury House Hotel around 9 pm (delayed due to work commitments) Friday evening, where we were welcomed by a member of the management team, Libby. This was a one night stopover treat, en-route to Wales.

After signing in, we were given a tour around the hotel, (lounge, bar, breakfast area) which was all very nice I might add, stunning furnishings, features and surroundings.

We were then shown to our fabulous suite, Number 50 at the top of the house; where I have to say we were totally blown away - with the soft classical music, spacious and very homely living room, leading into our bedroom adorned with very nice Egyptian cotton bedding. The walled robe area then lead into our bathroom, with two rolled top baths, side by side and two wooded pedestals, clearly there to place our glasses of chilled champagne; which we had delivered to our room shortly after our arrival.....Breakfast was superb.

As I am sure you can appreciate dear reader by our enthusiastic tones, we had a fabulous time here and would heartily recommend this place, as you will enjoy a homely environment with five star treatment. A charming, stylish hotel situated in a great location with lovely restaurants and bars within easy walking distance…

Our thanks to all at the Didsbury House Hotel.

Ian and Val

1  Thank Ian H
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I have been looking at this hotel for some time and dropped many hints to my other half.
FINALLY for my birthday we stayed in room 41 and I couldn't rate this hotel enough.
The staff were excited about the hotel the room was large with a roll top bath high ceilings and great mood lighting.

We didn't have breakfast because the bed was far too comfy to get out on time

Next time eleven Didsbury park please!

• Stayed: March 2012