“Stunning as usual!!”
Review of Didsbury House

Didsbury House
Ranked #8 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 21 May 2012

What can you say about this hotel other than...WOW!! We stayed in an Eclectic room this time, as with all their rooms this was spacious, beautifully decorated, amazing attention to detail and so comfortable! I can safely say one of the best night's sleep both my partner and I have ever had. The staff were fantastic and extremely helpful and friendly.
We were suprised with a beautiful rose petal turndown with petals on the bed and in the bath giving it that definate wow factor. We also took advantage of the full breakfast the following morning which filled us both to the brim!

Room Tip: Beautiful find in such a sort oafter location in Manchester - out of the city centre madness! Their...

Reviewed 12 May 2012

Just a flying visit when seeing offspring at Uni, but we'll be back. We also invited said offspring to join us for the rather splendid breakfast and unsuprisingly he jumped at the chance.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2012

We stayed at the Didsbury House Hotel for two nights in the Opus loft suite. The hotel itself is beautifully decorated, spotlessly clean and the understated elegance feels like a wonderful grand home. The room we stayed in was fabulous and has been decorated and furnished with great attention to detail. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and we were made to feel very welcome. They have created a relaxed atmosphere where we enjoyed a wonderful couple of nights with our friends. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel.

3  Thank LS709
Dan E, Manager at Didsbury House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Thank you for your review. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the staff helpful and friendly, your feedback has been shared with the team. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future

Reviewed 28 April 2012

I've been working in Manchester for 3 months and rather than commute, I decided to stay over during the week. After going through the usual fare of Premier Inns et al, I was recommended this place. I've now stayed here for 3 months for weeks a time, in different rooms ranging from The Classic rooms to the master suites with extra baths outside..All in all it's been a fantastic experience.
In a nutshell, here's my views:
The Rooms
On entering the room you're welcomed by the soothing sounds of Classic FM from the DAB radio (with handy iPod dock), you've got plenty of space and the fixtures are fittings are of an excellent standard. The beds are fabulous, really comfortable, as are the pillows (so much so I had to take off a pillow case off to look at the label and order some when I got home!) The bathrooms are well appointed, well lit, with big sinks, anti-fog mirrors (which help when shaving) and monsoon showers which are absolutely superb! One point though, depending on the time of day, they're not that hot, I'm guessing it's the demand on the boiler at given times i.e first thing in the morning, or around 6-7pm. If you've paid extra and got a bath in the room too they're also excellent, very large and would be a romantic touch, though being on business I was on my own!
I hear what some people are saying about the rooms looking out into the car park, I got around that by closing the curtains (which were black out curtains) and using the lights. The dimmer switches (once I worked them out) are fine and the room has ample light.
The only annoyance for me was how bright the clock is on the radio, it's pretty bright once you turning everything off, but to be honest, that's it really, they're quite possibly the best rooms I've stayed in, in the UK.
The Food:
They're not really set up as an out and out restaurant, but the dishes they do serve are very well prepared, and while they seem pricey, actually fall in line with prices similar hotels would charge, but quality wise I'd say The Didsbury hotels are better. The Breakfast menu choice however is excellent and the quality is also excellent. I must have had Eggs Benedict there are about 20 times now and never got bored of it!
The Staff:
The staff are shared across Eleven Didsbury and Didsbury House, they're polite, attentive, remember your name, remember your favourite drinks and generally make you feel welcomed. Special mention goes to the breakfast girls at both hotels who are fantastic, even to the point that they didn't even need to ask what I wanted, they're also happy and smiley people and just make the experience that much nicer.
The Hotel/Location:
Rooms aside, the decorum is very good. There’s plenty of space to socialise, a decent home gym downstairs. The breakfast room, though not naturally lit is fine. There’s plenty of parking outside, all of which is free. It’s a much bigger place than Eleven Didsbury so loses some of that homely charm, but it’s still a very good hotel, recommended!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Dan E, Manager at Didsbury House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review Didsbury House. I was delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay here, particularly as you have been staying for such a long time and have had the opportunity to experience everything! Your comments have been shared with the team who work very hard to ensure all our guests enjoy their stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 19 April 2012

We stayed with 2 small boys in 1 of the larger rooms. Our disappointment was that we were charged full price for breakfast for my both boys (2 and 4 years olds) when they only had cereal. Bad value for money.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Brid W

Dear Guest,
As discussed following your stay, I wanted to again apologise sincerely for the administration error in charging you for breakfast for your children. I can assure you it is not the hotel’s policy to charge for such young children having so little from our continental selection. As soon as we were made aware of this error your account was refunded the charge. I understand that this experience has tainted your view of the hotel though I trust our prompt action and sincerity will persuade you to return in the future.

Reviewed 18 April 2012

Working in the industry I tend to be fairly critical when it comes to casting opinions of hotels but I felt compelled to review this little jewel situated in a delightful suburb of Manchester just 10 minutes drive from the city centre.

The hotel is beautifully appointed, spotlessly clean, intimate and relaxing. Our room (35) was a duplex room with a huge shower on the mezzanine floor and a roll top bath in the bedroom itself next to a superking sized bed. The bed is the comfiest I’ve ever slept in and the monsoon power shower was an experience itself. The Irish breakfast they serve is excellent and great value despite the high price. The staff at Didsbury House are its greatest asset though. Everyone we encountered was genuinely friendly and nothing was too much trouble.

I couldn’t find fault and believe me, I tried. I know exactly where I will be staying the next time I’m in Manchester, sooner rather than later I hope.

1  Thank Clare P
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We stayed up for the weekend at the Didsbury House Hotel recently when I was working in the area. It is an Oasis in the city with a quiet reaxing feel just yards away from the buzz of Didsbury and a short bus ride from the Curry Mile. We upgraded and got a huge room with a bath in the bay. Strongly recommended

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple