“Very comfortable”
Review of Didsbury House

Didsbury House
Ranked #3 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Friendly staff & excellent service, it's a small hotel just a few minutes from Didsbury high street. The rooms was comfortable and nicely furnished, as was the bathroom. Would have appreciated a towelling robe in the bathroom, but apart from that it was faultless. The breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Onefourall

Reviewed 8 September 2012

We got married at Didsbury house on the 7 Sept. We wanted an informal venue where our guests could relax and enjoy the day with plenty of food, drink and atmosphere.
From the first time we went to Didsbury House, we feel in love with it. The hotel staff were incredible with helping to plan the day and also during our full stay.
Our wedding breakfast was a bbq and it was brilliant, the hotel also provided a lovely vegetarian option.
Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and our guest left raving about the hotel and the service.
A special mention must go to Jess and Dan who helped make our day perfect, thank you so much for everything.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 31 August 2012

We recently got married at Didsbury House Hotel, it was recommended to us as we wanted a small wedding at intimate venue - the last thing we wanted was to feel a venue was too big for the wedding size we wanted.
We were offered the opportunity to get married and have our evening reception in Didsbury House Hotel with the option of moving down to the garden at their sister hotel Eleven Didsbury Park for the afternoon reception. We jumped at the chance of this having young children coming to our wedding we thought it would be perfect for the adults to relax with their drinks whilst the kids ran around entertaining themselves - we think this worked out well for the parents!
When planning the wedding nothing was too much trouble, and we really did feel we'd got exactly what we wanted at the end of the day.
The afternoon tea was lovely, the only slight downside was initially the sandwich to cake ratio for the number of people was wrong - however when more sandwiches were requested they came out quickly. The evening BBQ was AMAZING, all the guests commented on the standard and amount of the food - I'm only sorry I didn't have room to eat more of it.
Throughout the day and the following morning the staff were attentive without you feeling they were there at all during your day, and nothing was too much trouble (even when you changed your mind on them last minute about what you wanted to do). There were lovely little touches also - like the Sunday morning breakfast menu had our names on it!
If you're looking for a small wedding venue - or just a secluded get away I'd highly recommend this chain of 3 boutique hotels.

Room Tip: If you want indulgence try room 17 at Eleven Didsbury Park or room 51 or 52 at Didsbury House Hotel
Reviewed 30 August 2012

This past weekend I stayed at the Didsbury House Hotel in Didsbury for a special romantic holiday and once again they surpassed my expectations. The hotel has quickly become the venue of choice for weddings obviously due to the decor and stained glass windows which add a very scenic backdrop for photos to remember by.
Th weather outside was sketchy but there were several spots to stay out of the train. The cozy lounge, the bar or outside on the patio under the canopy all proved to be a comfy spot for a drink or snack. The breakfast room served up a delicious buffet breakfast with attentive staff and fresh fruits and baked goods. The rooms themselves are the best part. On this occasion I had a private getaway room (# 51) with french doors that allowed for a beautiful gentle breeze into the room. The room was well appointed with a great shower and generously sized tub. It was very romantic to see and hear the rain falling on the rooftop outside as I enjoyed the sanctuary and comfort of the bed.
I have stayed there before and each time I have been placed in a different room. The layout of the rooms differ throughout and I am always pleased with the ingenuity and individual attention given to make the room comfortable, functional and private. The staff will get you whatever you need to top off your efforts to please your lover, roses, champagne or take away. It's great to see there are still hotels where service to the customer is Priority #1 Good Job Eclectic Hotels! You have my continued patronage whenever I am in England. Thanks

Room Tip: Tell the staff what you are looking for and they'll sort it out in advance.
Reviewed 24 August 2012

We stayed for 1 night on 4th July for my birthday having spent the previous day in Liverpool. I booked the room on line and mentioned that it was my birthday. When we arrived I was greeted with 'Happy Birthday' and we were upgraded to a suite. The room was so spacious and comfortable and the staff really friendly. The pillows were amazingly comfy as other reviews have commented. I have spent ever since trying to find a supplier.
Before going out for a meal at Gusto in Didsbury we had drinks out on the patio area. I was made to feel special.
The only negative is of course the price of the breakfast. It was good but sorry not as good as the Wetherspoons breakfasts and you have your choice of the The Milson Rhodes or The Gateway.
However after staying here I doubt if I can ever face the Travelodge again!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Didsbury House is located in an unassuming residential street around 4 miles from Manchester’s city centre. From the outside, it’s nothing special (especially if you park in the side car park) but inside it’s exceptionally well appointed with friendly staff and an air of luxury. We stayed in a villa room which had French doors leading onto a courtyard area. Really nice idea but you’re very much at the mercy of other guests using that space – we were subjected to an American have a long and exuberant call on his mobile for quite some time. The room itself was excellent with a comfortable bed and the bathroom had a bath big enough for two. There are bars and restaurants in the vicinity making it perfect for a one or two night stay.

Reviewed 10 August 2012

I stayed here end of July for my birthday with my boyfriend on a "twitter exclusive" offer which was £20.12 for 1 night in a standard room! Absolutely stunning hotel! Cheaper than a premier inn, I couldnt believe it so had to book! was going to Manchester city centre for the evening, and the hotel is a good location for this.

Upon check in, the staff were very friendly and helpful and showed us round extra rooms we could upgrade to for an extra £10 per upgrade, but went for the standard, purely on price! Room 34.

The staircase is gorgeous, impressive and they lit candles at night.

Had a lovely huuuuge double ended bath which was fab! Bed was comfy and standard double size. Mini bar was crazily expensive. Loved the room! Everywhere was spotlessly clean!

Didn't have breakfast, as this would have cost more than the room.

Would definitely recommend to stay here for couples!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple