“Just fantastic”

Ranked #3 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Just fantastic”
Reviewed 19 October 2012

I stayed here last week for the first time. I had an idea what to expect because i had stayed at its sister hotel earlier in the month and that was great. My collegue and I had beautiful rooms with every creature comfort you could ask for. On the long trip home we both discussed what aspect could have been better. We concluded that there wasnt any and that any other hotel however good would come as a disappointment.

Room Tip: Room 50!!!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Reviewed 15 October 2012

We stayed at the Didsbury House Hotel and once again the stay and the staff exceeded our expectations.

Our bedroom (#43) overlooked the garden and was really well appointed with a roll top bath at the foot of the large and comfortable bed. There were also some really nice little touches for guests. My wife even commented on the quality of the hair dryer!

The staff were particularly helpful and Charlotte and Hannah were really attentive and demonstrated great guest service skills.

The breakfast was particularly worthy of note with a great choice and variety on the menu and a well presented buffet. In discussion with other guests over breakfast it became apparent that there is a group of frequent guests which in itself must be a recommendation to others.

The next time we have occasion to visit Manchester and need to stay overnight we will definitely spend it at the DHH. It's one of the best small eclectic hotels we’ve stayed in over recent years and we recommend you give it a go.

Room Tip: Ask for room # 43 if you want a large spacious room with a really opulent feel and great attention t...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mike S
Bristol
Reviewed 15 October 2012

My husband & I have just returned to Wales after spending 2 nights at the Didsbury House Hotel. I had to write a review, as we were enchanted by this spectacular Hotel. The decor was eclectic and so Inspiring, so much thought had gone into acheiving the perfect look. Not to mention the friendly and very helpful staff, nothing was too much trouble. The rooms were spotless and well equiped. Also the sister hotel no 11, a hundred yards down the road was equally outstanding. Why don't other Hotels take a leaf out of their book! I will be recommending the Didsbury House to all my friends.
A big thankyou to all the staff for making my visit so enjoyable!
Jeff & Karen Davies

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Yorkshire
Reviewed 14 October 2012 via mobile

I recently stayed at Didsbury House as our windows were being replaced at home and I needed a quiet getaway!.

I found it in all ways and means at DH.

Service was sublime from the moment I stepped in the door. Every attention to detail regarding my stay was followed up by the lovely and kind staff.

The breakfast was delicious. The room in which I stayed was modern and very comfortable.

Perhaps I should have more work done on my house so I can escape to DH more often!.

I will indeed be back.

Thank you for a lovely stay.

• Stayed October 2012
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2012

We stayed here at a family wedding and we enjoyed the whole stay . Food, service and really cool rooms.
Right in the middle of Didsbury village so great to get into Manchester for shopping etc. quite a upmarket place however the price is reasonable .

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Richard H
Manchester
Reviewed 3 October 2012

I was part of a wedding party that recently celebrated their wedding at this hotel, so stayed the night before and the night of the wedding too. I could not fault a single thing about the hotel and the service the staff provided was excellent. Nothing was too much trouble and they consistently went the extra mile to ensure that everything was perfect.
The breakfasts were delicious as was all the food provided for the wedding. The room we had was spacious, spotlessly clean and beautifully decorated.
The hotel makes the prefect venue for a small intimate wedding and i would have no qualms in recommending it to anyone, its a real gem of a hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank slatts197
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2012

My husband I stayed at this superb hotel on a Saturday night whilst visiting family and were very happy with our stay.
Having been a student in the area many years ago I wasn't expecting to find such a gem of a hotel tucked away behind a main road. From the moment we walked in to the quiet residential street we felt at home. Once through the door we felt special and the staff - we were checked in by Paegan - could not have been more welcoming or helpful.
We stayed in Room 45, which we really liked. It was a good size, the decor was a blend of historic and contemporary and the bed was one of the most comfortable we'd slept in for a long time. The bath in the room was an odd quirk but the walk in shower in the bathroom was heavenly.
If you stay here, make sure you have breakfast - it's superb. Cooked to order, with a great selection and fresh ingredients, this was a great way to finish a wonderful stay.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple