Didsbury House
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsroll top bathsister hoteleclectic villaexclusive usevilla roomwedding venuesouth manchesterwonderful weddingbeautiful hotelfree standing bathmonsoon showerlovely boutiquesky tvbreakfast roomboutique hotelwedding nightbreakfast was excellent
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We stayed for 3 nights and I have to say I'd highly recommend it. The apartment was spacious with all the amenities you could want, the tv by the bath is particularly awesome! The grab and go breakfast is an excellent idea and we certainly grabbed all we could. Location wise this hotel is perfectly situated, just a short walk

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Butt N
Andrew B, Manager at Didsbury House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Many Thanks for your recent review. I am happy you enjoyed your stay and I hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

This is a really gorgeous hotel and while not at all central for Manchester it is well worth the detour - and very handy for Manchester airport and/or for visits to South Manchester (I used it as a base when working in Stockport). The building itself is absolutely beautiful - carefully restored Victorian house with amazing details like all the plaster mouldings around the ceiling. Really comfortable sitting rooms and bar, big rooms (mine - #52 - was a suite under the eaves), super comfy bed and linens, great breakfast with welcoming and enthusiastic young staff. They think of all the little things, like cold milk in the fridge for tea / coffee in your room instead of those grim UHT mini cartons. Highly recommended - so much better than staying at the airport.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Andrew B, Manager at Didsbury House, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Many thanks for your recent review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and you thought highly of our Victorian House, The Owners really do take pride in the building. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights with my husband. In essence a lovely hotel, and the room we had was to an exceptional standard and different to the usual hotel rooms. In particular the shower, roll top bath were fantastic. The bed was very comfy and the staff we spoke to were very friendly and welcoming. However, there are a couple of things which could be better. Arriving at the hotel, couldn't help but notice the overflowing bins at the side of the parking area, not the best first impression. To be fair there were not there the following day. There was also dance music playing quite loudly as you entered, it was a bit annoying but that's my preference. The bedroom was also very hot, we made sure the radiator was off and the window was open, but it was still extremely hot. I did raise this at check out and the girl took my email saying the manager would email me, but I haven't heard anything. So a lovely hotel furnished to a high standard, but need to sort out a couple of things to be truly great.

Stayed: March 2014

Many Thanks for your recent review. I am happy you enjoyed your stay and I hope that we can welcome you back again in the near future. I have taken on board your comments and will look into them, as we take all feedback, whether it be good or bad seriously.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

birthday afternoon tea for two at this cosy boutique hotel in Didsbury. Staff very helpful and friendly. Afternoon tea outstanding a real treat. The sandwiches were plentiful and the cakes were to die for! Don't eat lunch before you go!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Andrew B, Manager at Didsbury House, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Many Thanks for your recent review. I am so happy you enjoyed your ever popular 'Afternoon Tea' and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Last nightwas our second stay at the Didsbury House Hotel, and it was as amazing as out first visit! The room (we stated in room 10, an eclectic villa I think) was outstanding and felt like our own little home away from home. We will certainly ask for this room again! The room facilities are of the highest quality, especially the wonderfully comfy bed and powerful shower. We had drinks and snacks in the bar before heading outdoor the evening and really got our evening off to a great start. The breakfast was fantastic, great choice and excellent service. That said, all staff we encountered were polite, friendly and happy to help. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Didsbury House Hotel to friends and family looking for a relaxing, intimate and welcoming stay at a glorious gem in the heaty of Didsbury. We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: The Electic Villa's are amazing! We had the one at the side of the hotel and it was lovely and quiet, overlooking the side garden.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for your recent review. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay at our 'Amazing Hotel' and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.