“Excellent”

Ranked #6 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Knutsford, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stayed here recently on a whim as we always see the sign when travelling into Didsbury. It was fantastic, lovely touches with the big brass footed bath and balcony for the shower. Everything was very pretty and the staff very efficient. The only downfall was the overnight porter was a little short with us, letting it down slightly.
Otherwise lovely, would definitely stay again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Andrew B, Manager at Didsbury House, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Many thanks for your recent response. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay here and I hope we can welcome you back again in the near future. I must apologise for the night staff being a bit short with you and assure you that is not the standard we expect from our staff and it has been dealt with in house.

Warmest Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Yes the pillows were lovely and soft and on the strength of that only we may stay there again, but the rooms are small, expensive and with very little bathroom shelf space. And for that price I would expect them to check that everything in the room worked. The pedal pin in our room only opened manually, so I had to bend down and open it for every cotton bud, as I have a disability that meant that I came up feeling dizzy every time. To some it might have been a small inconvenience, to me a lot of inconvenience and suffering. Because of this, and the very small shelf space in the bathroom, I decided I'd have to do my make-up in the bedroom where there was another mirror, with a light by it, but the light didn't work - we both tried all the plugs and switches but nothing.
Breakfast is down a steep flight of stairs - but hey, I didn't need breakfast anyway, so I didn't bother!
Some bathrooms have no shelf space at all, I was told there were hooks!!- Not sure how you balance a contact lense case on a hook!!
For those who like the bath in the bedroom and don't need to put things on a shelf in the bathroom - you'll love it.

Room Tip: Ring and talk to them about what you want as all the rooms are different. There is no lift but ther...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Andrew B, Manager at Didsbury House, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Many Thanks for your recent review. I am sorry we did not live up to your requirements. We do have many standards of rooms and I believe we would have one that may have suited you better such as the Eclectic Villa rooms. As the Hotel was built circa 1830 we do have to make best use of the available space and thats why we put breakfast downstairs. Anything like this please always give reception a call as we would have happily brought breakfast to your room. If you would like to com eback please contact me direct on aboneham@11didsburypark.co.uk.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Stayed here as an extension of our honeymoon. We were upgraded to a beautiful Eclectic Duplex and were greeted by strawberries and chocolates when we arrived. The service was great from everyone. The house itself is beautiful.

Andrew B, Manager at Didsbury House, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Many Thanks for your recent review. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and that you liked your eclectic duplex. We take pride in our hotel and we are happy that you chose us to take your extended honeymoon.

Kind Regards
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This grand old villa has been renovated to a very high standard and is perfect for a short break. The bedrooms are well furnished and quiet, Breakfast downstairs in the old kitchen is excellent. Service is attentive and thoughtful. The decoration throughout is in a tastefully subdued colour palette in pale green, cream and grey. Best of all are the two front rooms, elegant lounges where it is a pleasure to sit and read the daily newspapers. Around the corner is Didsbury village with a host of shops, pubs and restaurants. What more could one want?

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear, away from the street, are probably quieter.
Andrew B, Manager at Didsbury House, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Many Thanks for your recent review. I am happy you enjoyed your stay in 'our Grand Villa' and I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Very much enjoyed my stay here. The room was beautiful and spacious. I loved the unusual set up with a beautiful free standing bath at the end of my bed! The only down point to our stay was the building works in the following room waking me early. The staff were polite and apologetic regarding this( I am awaiting some form of discount for a future stay, regarding this!).

If you are looking for friendly staff plus beautiful rooms then the Didsbury is definitely worth it.

Andrew B, Manager at Didsbury House, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Many Thanks for your recent review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I must apologise again for you being woken up in the morning and I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

We stayed for 3 nights and I have to say I'd highly recommend it. The apartment was spacious with all the amenities you could want, the tv by the bath is particularly awesome! The grab and go breakfast is an excellent idea and we certainly grabbed all we could. Location wise this hotel is perfectly situated, just a short walk

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Butt N
Andrew B, Manager at Didsbury House, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Many Thanks for your recent review. I am happy you enjoyed your stay and I hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

This is a really gorgeous hotel and while not at all central for Manchester it is well worth the detour - and very handy for Manchester airport and/or for visits to South Manchester (I used it as a base when working in Stockport). The building itself is absolutely beautiful - carefully restored Victorian house with amazing details like all the plaster mouldings around the ceiling. Really comfortable sitting rooms and bar, big rooms (mine - #52 - was a suite under the eaves), super comfy bed and linens, great breakfast with welcoming and enthusiastic young staff. They think of all the little things, like cold milk in the fridge for tea / coffee in your room instead of those grim UHT mini cartons. Highly recommended - so much better than staying at the airport.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Andrew B, Manager at Didsbury House, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Many thanks for your recent review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and you thought highly of our Victorian House, The Owners really do take pride in the building. We hope to welcome you back soon.