“I think we got lucky after reading reviews, saying that, we would not hurry back!”

Britannia Airport Hotel
Ranked #93 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Heart of England
Reviewed 26 March 2013

We arrived and there was no booking for us although I had prepaid so they upgraded us. It wasn't too bad for an over night stay. We landed quite late so only had to sleep there. The bar was badly stocked because there had been some sort of football match a few days before so we had to make do with whatever they had locked in a mini fridge behind reception. The room was quite spacious and luckily we had clean bedding and the bed was a king size.. The shower was maddening as the taps were broken so we couldn't tell which was cold and which was hot and we didn't have time to mess about in the morning. The alarm call was 50 minutes late, we were just leaving the room when the phone rang..........hopeless!!! Quite grotty really but we only spent 7 hours there on our first stay. On our return we had a standard room which was miniscule and a bit smelly. There's a local pub that does ok food, I'd try somewhere that's higher up on the trip advisor list. It's not very close to the Airport, Wythenshaw is local and only £9 in a taxi to the airport, I'm sure there's some lovely B&B's there. Saying that, the transfers are pretty good if you set your alarm. You have to be at the hotel to book a ticket for the transfer which is useless if, like us, you're flying from somewhere else to Manchester Airport, then having to stop overnight to get a connecting flight at Manchester Airport, they don't seem to understand that not everyone lives in the UK and the hotel is the first stop. PS. Manchester airport is a nightmare - only one of those lil plastic bags per person for your liquids??? We ended up throwing lots away as we only had hand luggage and two of those lil plastic bags each.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Arabic first
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2013 via mobile

Well we stayed here before flying to morrocco and left out car here for a week! The hotel was shabby and dirty from the outside! Inside it was very dated and reminded me of a working men's club ! Smelt of fried food and stale beer , with a massive tv near the bar playing sport!! Reception staff were useless!! Took them about 5 mins to actually appear! Then no eye contact , just couldn't wait to get u checked in so he could get back to txting on hi phone!! The rooms were shabby and basic , very dated ! Sheets were clean but that was it !!! Windows and net curtains were so dirty u couldn't see out of them !! We ate in the bar and the food was normal pub grub ! But even though it advertised Sunday lunch , no sign of it !! The carpark was cramped and dark but my car was ok when I got back!
I got this overnight stay and carparking as a deal with my travel agent ! I paid £1 and feel that that was all it was worth ! Location was ok for the airport and the transfers were ok ! God knows who would choose to stay here ! Even for £1 I wouldn't stay again !! The stains on the carpets and the dirt in the corners of the rooms made me shudder !!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Michael R
Reviewed 22 March 2013 via mobile

If your going to watch a manchester united match, or infact want to regularly go to the city of manchester, do not stay here location is crap. All the desk staff are not from England so they're not even sure how to get around and taxi's are 20 pound to city centre.

The hotel is bog standard, and the rooms are clean. An option for smoking is provided, however the whole floor smells like an ashtray.

The pool table and computer were out of order and no entertainment was available.

1 Thank Cheznireland
Reviewed 22 March 2013 via mobile

Very tired hotel, food poor quality and the beds are a joke! Tiny beds with mattresses that are so thin you can feel all the wire. We had a poor experience and a sleepless night. I told the person on checkout that we had no sleep and the mattress needs changing, but got no reaction. They will probably move it onto another bed. Brittania if u read this I want my money back and you need to sort your act out.

1 Thank Rexton17
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Dirty, disgusting place.

Windows so filthy you cannot see through, Bedding stained, towels thread bear, carpets worn.
TV did not work and WIFI only available in the lobby.

What a dump. This place is cheap nasty and feel like it.

Avoid like the plague.

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank TiredTraveller0101
Reviewed 16 March 2013

To summarise, I stayed here last night after a weeks holiday. The transfer was an hour late, when we arrived the reception had no log of our booking. I showed them my confirmation, to which the receptionist insisted I hadn't paid for the room. After showing him the receipt he decided to find us a room. The room was supposedly a 'superior' room. This hotel's opinion of superior is the following; three broken lights, no pillow cases, foundation wiped over the arm chairs, and most interestingly pubic hair littering the bed. When I asked the receptionist if this was their idea of a superior room, they didn't seem particularly bothered. Awful hotel, terrible service. I won't be visiting again. I would recommend you didn't either to save disappointment.

3 Thank Cheeseontoast84
Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2013

a gun was being held to my head, I could not recommend this hotel.

It's mainly used by travellers for Manchester Airport, to commit the cardinal sin of - NOT giving a guest an alarm call. (after request)

Public areas are "tired"

It's cheap, now you know why

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
Britannia Country House Hotel & Spa
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Park View Residence
Park View Residence
#73 of 117 in Manchester

Been to Britannia Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!