Britannia Airport Hotel
US$107
US$158
Radisson Blu
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$127
US$95
  • Free Internet
1,470 results
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 April 2013

the hotel was aged but fine. the staff were very untidy, unfriendly and unhelpful.did not make beds offer clean towels or replenish the coffee. no apoligy given.the food was ok nothing fresh.i would not use it again

1  Thank 198chrisc198
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Hopeless reception person -crumpled suit, barely bothered to check us in. and couldn't offer help with cases even though my husband had a serious heart condition. Very dirty and smelly hotel, room even worse. Dirty bathroom with dried blood on the floor, bin and walls. The bathroom door handle was indescribable. Haven't they heard of cleaning? Carpets very soiled and stained. Half the curtain rings missing. No answer from reception when I rang for assistance. Then to cap it all, we had a fire alarm late evening, and apart from the alarm, no instructions from staff about where to muster or any explanation. Freezing cold night. 4fire engines turned up, 15minutes later, all back inside but again, no help or apology from the only 2 staff members on duty. In fact, they just stood there looking helpless. Check out - we couldn't face breakfast - "manager" didn't know if our car had been moved off site or not and wasn't bothered to find out. Only gave me the code to release the gate when I asked for it. Paying any money at all for this so-called hotel would be too much. Don't book with them not worth the risk. Wise up Britannia - you don't deserve to stay in business!

Room Tip: Don't bother, there isn't one!
1  Thank Gill F
Reviewed 26 March 2013

We arrived and there was no booking for us although I had prepaid so they upgraded us. It wasn't too bad for an over night stay. We landed quite late so only had to sleep there. The bar was badly stocked because there had been some sort of football match a few days before so we had to make do with whatever they had locked in a mini fridge behind reception. The room was quite spacious and luckily we had clean bedding and the bed was a king size.. The shower was maddening as the taps were broken so we couldn't tell which was cold and which was hot and we didn't have time to mess about in the morning. The alarm call was 50 minutes late, we were just leaving the room when the phone rang..........hopeless!!! Quite grotty really but we only spent 7 hours there on our first stay. On our return we had a standard room which was miniscule and a bit smelly. There's a local pub that does ok food, I'd try somewhere that's higher up on the trip advisor list. It's not very close to the Airport, Wythenshaw is local and only £9 in a taxi to the airport, I'm sure there's some lovely B&B's there. Saying that, the transfers are pretty good if you set your alarm. You have to be at the hotel to book a ticket for the transfer which is useless if, like us, you're flying from somewhere else to Manchester Airport, then having to stop overnight to get a connecting flight at Manchester Airport, they don't seem to understand that not everyone lives in the UK and the hotel is the first stop. PS. Manchester airport is a nightmare - only one of those lil plastic bags per person for your liquids??? We ended up throwing lots away as we only had hand luggage and two of those lil plastic bags each.

Reviewed 22 March 2013 via mobile

Well we stayed here before flying to morrocco and left out car here for a week! The hotel was shabby and dirty from the outside! Inside it was very dated and reminded me of a working men's club ! Smelt of fried food and stale beer , with a massive tv near the bar playing sport!! Reception staff were useless!! Took them about 5 mins to actually appear! Then no eye contact , just couldn't wait to get u checked in so he could get back to txting on hi phone!! The rooms were shabby and basic , very dated ! Sheets were clean but that was it !!! Windows and net curtains were so dirty u couldn't see out of them !! We ate in the bar and the food was normal pub grub ! But even though it advertised Sunday lunch , no sign of it !! The carpark was cramped and dark but my car was ok when I got back!
I got this overnight stay and carparking as a deal with my travel agent ! I paid £1 and feel that that was all it was worth ! Location was ok for the airport and the transfers were ok ! God knows who would choose to stay here ! Even for £1 I wouldn't stay again !! The stains on the carpets and the dirt in the corners of the rooms made me shudder !!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Michael R
Reviewed 22 March 2013 via mobile

If your going to watch a manchester united match, or infact want to regularly go to the city of manchester, do not stay here location is crap. All the desk staff are not from England so they're not even sure how to get around and taxi's are 20 pound to city centre.

The hotel is bog standard, and the rooms are clean. An option for smoking is provided, however the whole floor smells like an ashtray.

The pool table and computer were out of order and no entertainment was available.

• Stayed: March 2013