“Better than expected to be fair”

Britannia Airport Hotel
Ranked #98 of 121 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

After reading lots of reviews on here I wasn't sure what to expect to be honest.

Well I'm sat in the bar as I write this and it's much better than I expected. The room is small and cute. The bathroom is clean with toiletries provided and fresh clean towels. The bed is also comfy with fresh clean sheets. Yes it's not the ritz but really what do you expect for £35 in Manchester. We will definately stay again. The staff are helpful and it's generally not that bad.

Those who question it really must expect more than what you pay for.

• Stayed: September 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (1,448)

Reviewed 15 September 2013

We had a very good experience. It was a special offer and included evening meal and a full bottle of wine as well as B&B.
All the staff were friendly and attentive.
The buffet dinner was excellent value, as was the breakfast in the morning.
The double bed was very comfortable, and the room quiet.

We have just read some other reviews of this property, but this, honestly, is an accurate account of our overnight stay, and we do hope to be able to return in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2013

It was cheaper to stay here and park than book a car parking space at the airport. But that is just about the only reason to stay here.

It's a very 70s hotel that needs renovation. I wouldn't choose to spend time here. The bus service to the airport was fine on the way there, but some hassle on the way back (finding the right place to be picked up, waiting a little while).

I'd think twice before staying again. But I might do if the price stays so low!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2013

This is the worse hotel (if thats what it can be called) I have ever seen.
We ( my 7 year old daughter and myself) arrived at 3am on 03/09/13 after a long flight. there was no information that we had to drive up to a locked green metal gate for it to open.
Once in the so called carpark there was broken glass everywhere obviously where car windows had been smashed.
We went to the reception and waited approx 10 minutes for some one to come and deal with us...we checked in and were given room 814...the door card didnt work so we had to get a new one...eventually once inside the room I could not beleive it...the room stunk of damp, moisture and god knows what else the room was filthy, dust everywhere not good for a child with asthma. I went straight back down to the reception and reported this.
The staff were just not interested..no customer care at all...We ended up leaving the hotel as it was just unacceptable.
I have since emailed and wrote to the hotel they have not replied to any of my 4 emails.
If anyone is thinking of booking this PLEASE save your money.
I stay at many hotel due to business and I can honestly say i have never seen anything as bad as this...Maybe i will report it to the ombudsman as it is that bad

Room Tip: AVOID...save your money and book an hotel at the airport or trafford centre
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SeanMcMoran
Reviewed 26 August 2013

This hotel was horrible. The staff on reception seemed disinterested and didn't explain anything, it was only when I asked did they reluctantly give me half hearted answered. We were given our room card with no explanation on where the lifts where. On entering our room it stunk of musk, revolting this smell stayed with me even on the plane to our holiday. The pictures on the site are completely different to the reality of this hell hole. The bed was clean, but the carpet needed a good Hoover, and there was bits of paper left round the room from the last guests. We didn't complain as my partner didn't want to cause a fuss as we were only there for a few hours and who wants to start their holiday on a bad note? So we decided to head the Trafford centre for food and had a few drinks in the hotel bar rather than relaxing in the room. The bar man was nice although he had flies hovering around his head... Another reason we opted to eat out! I would not recommend this place to anyone it is in dire need of a refurbishment.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Samantha A
Reviewed 26 August 2013

This is a "does what it says on the tin" kind of place. Drive park, the spaces are STUPIDLY small, eat and sleep.

You wont enjoy your stay but it's ok.

The food in the restaurant isn't very nice, but it also isn't expensive.

The rooms are dated and mostly clean. Not nice but OK, not as good as where you are going once you get on the plane.

All in all if you are cheap it's ok and I couldn't manage more than 1 night.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Please dont stay here!!! Pay that bit extra and stay at the airport! This was the start of our honeymoon. We was given room number 122, hairs in the bed, dust over everything, dead moths everywhere, we went to complain and were given another room which was very slightly better. Fire alarm went off at 1am and the reception man didnt have a clue what to do. We went down the fire escape and found the fire exit near impossible to open. The reception person was way out his depth. He kept saying it was safe to go back to the room when he hadnt even checked if it was a false alarm. Overall a really bad hotel, thing that was decent was the car parking and the transfer to the airport via the taxi service.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple