Britannia Airport Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Didsbury House(Manchester)
1,469 results
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We stayed overnight at this hotel as we had an early flight. The room was tired with a broken lampshade, an under sheet that was too small for the bed and pillows that were flat and small, not a comfortable night. We decided to eat here which was a mistake, the food was dreadful and when telling the staff the comment that was made was 'it is an airport hotel', which left me lost for words. The only good point was our car was parked under cover and the transfers to and from the hotel worked well.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barbara R
Reviewed 22 February 2014

This hotel is a disgrace, I would not recommend anyone book it! If this is the last hotel in the area don't go there. It is dirty, smells and the rooms are disgusting. We booked a superior room for one night, it had mould on the metal window frames, stains on the walls, stains on the carpets, a chair I wouldn't have even dared sit in the list goes on...... I left and booked in elsewhere they should be ashamed to take money off people it is a disgrace to the good city of Manchester and if it is the lasting memory on the way to the airport I would be ashamed..... Pull your socks up Britannia, could and must do a million times better....

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Turner-Doyle
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Adequate for one nights stay pre airport. Big rooms comfy beds and reasonably priced food and drink in the hotel which was good, apart from the breakfast, which was not worth the cost. Hotel tired in appearance inside and out. Staff helpful and efficient. We would stay again for an overnight.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2014

had to stay for flight cancellation. the hotel is dirty, with very tired décor all round, the worst part was probably the smell of damp rooms, heating not working, so an electric heater was plugged in making noise all night. Broken bathroom fittings, lights not working and finally the food
TERRIBLE

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Arrived at this Hotel from a long train journey from Newcastle, I was fooled by the Hotel Reception, receptionist booked us into top floor, i refused straight away as my girlfriend doesn't like lifts so she put us on the 1st floor. The lifts were okay but the 1st on your left has a back gap at the back..

Room 122 bit small for a 3 Night stay big enough for 1 person. I then went back to reception and the receptionist put us on to the 4th floor ( Room 422). I checked into the room. I had a long walk from the lift, bit out dated but livable for 1 night, I moved a table from the window and pushed a chair back a bit from bedside unit, i noticed a big sick mark which had dried in, so i left it till in the morning as it was late. We had a terrible night sleep was up EVERY HOUR the bed was SO uncomfortable it was like sleeping on a wall. I woke up and went into bathroom to get sorted and noticed the toilet was leaking and around the sink area underneath was cracked and damp. so back down to the reception and the young Gentleman dealt with my complaint and offered me room 417, It was a lovely room, bed was fabulous, comfortable, room was awesome only problem was, TV had 10 channels enough to watch your soaps. Came back from a day out with family on the Friday night, went to my room and walked down the corridor and could smell CANNABIS. I reported this MATTER and they said they would deal with it. I woke up the next morning it was still there. Had a day out again came back around 7pm i could smell CANNABIS again. My blood was boiling as i reported this Matter the day before.
I rang down to the hotel reception and reported this matter again, they couldnt do nothing as the manager wasn't in the hotel i threatened to ring the police.

The hotel was OK they need to work on some areas and do more training.
Fairly good (still dirty)
good customer service
bar staff excellent good banter( communication)
stairwell well bit close together dangerous could do with a different color carpet to notice the stair
toilets in the bar area are fairly good
bar area excellent

over all my comments to this! please book well before you go away. if Manchester airport give you this hotel ask for a different one please read reviews, I read them and took them in and still managed to find a problem. NEVER AGAIN

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple