All reviews leisure facilities hydrotherapy pool large swimming pool gym facility great fitness booked a king room east didsbury night porter bridal suite steam room and sauna training course bigger room rooms are small friendly hotel would highly recommend this hotel special thanks excellent facilities
Reviewed 19 October 2018

Stayed here for a business trip. The hotel is very nice, very clean and the staff are great.
The brakfast is from a menu not buffet style. The bar has a moderate selection of drinks. The leisure club, gym, pool sauna, steam room etc is all included. Around 20 minutes from the city centre and the airport

I satyed in the small double, I think if a couple stayed it would be a bit small but fir the price its good value

I will definately stay again

Room tip: The small double is very small
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank andyg598
JamesW8217, Manager at Waterside Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2018

Good afternoon,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you were able to use some of our facilities during your stay!
For future reference we do have larger rooms available if you so wish.
We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 18 October 2018 via mobile

Upon arrival we were greeted by the friendly staff at reception. Though our room was quite small the hotel provided various amenities and the option to use the leisure facilities. The breakfast was superb and a stand out member of staff was Nuala who informed us about things to do in the city centre and made us feel at home. Overall a pleasant stay and if we are in the area again we would consider staying at the Waterside again.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Good afternoon,
Thank you for leaving such a wonderful review of your stay. I have passed on your kind words to Nuala. I am glad all of our staff were able to make your stay more enjoyable.
We hope to see you again soon!

Kind regards

Reviewed 17 October 2018 via mobile

Check in is 2pm but wouldn't allow an early check in ( even paying extra ) so went in bar area to eat.

Changeover time from breakfast / evening menu so ordered a Rib Eye at noon.
Food was okay , nothing special.
Staff give impression you're interrupting their day.
Didn't come back to bar area in the evening, it's more of a cafe than somewhere to relax and socialise.

Had to sit and wait till bang on 2pm before they'd check me in .
Rachel on reception is lovely and welcoming.
Room clean and nominal size.
See what the other reviewers mean about thin walls and hearing everything.
And it feeling like it's something added to a Leisure Club.

Housekeeping banging on your door at 8am , why ?
Breakfast next day the food great but see photo of how it was served .
Dirty tablecloth , what's left in a milk bottle from the kitchen rather than a jug - and this was 9.10am.

Trip type: Travelled solo

Hi Grant,
Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay here. I apologise it wasn’t as great as expected. Your comments have certainly been noted and will be raised with all of the correct heads of department.

Unfortunately due to high demand often our rooms are not always ready earlier than check in. On this occasion it would appear that this was the case. We do however try to be as flexible as possible when it comes to this matter.

Kind regards

Reviewed 14 October 2018

I stayed at the Waterside Hotel for one night and from the moment I set foot through the door I knew it was going to be an enjoyable stay. Rachel greeted me at reception with a smile and she was an absolute pleasure to deal with.

I was also pleasantly surprised to find that the hotel had an amazing range of on site facilities that could be used during my stay at no extra cost including the swimming pool, spa and gym. I used the gym during my stay and was thoroughly impressed with the range of equipment on offer and the sheer size of the space!

The rooms themselves are basic but clean and everything was in good working order. The hotel is very reasonably priced considering the facilities they offer but it really is the facilities that you're paying for, the rooms are nothing special but perfectly acceptable for the price. This suited me fine personally.

I ate breakfast in the hotel restaurant and they happily accommodated my request for smoked salmon, even though it wasn't on the menu, which I really appreciated. The food was very good too.

At checkout Rachel was on reception again and was just as friendly and helpful as she was at check-in and I left with a smile on my face. Waterside Hotel need to hang on to her, she's great!

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Carl W
Reviewed 9 October 2018

we stayed here for one night on our way home after a wedding. There were three of us and we were in adjoining rooms. I booked through the hotel's website - 3 standard rooms. What I did not realise was that the rooms are very small indeed as was the bed - it was too short for my husband and rather narrow for the two of us. However it was adequate for the one night we stayed. It would have been great if we had been left more milk for tea/coffee as when we came back to the hotel my husband would have loved a cup of coffee but he was told that the machines had been cleaned and he couldn't have one by a night porter who was having a bad day! The coffee was so good in the bar area that my husband thought he'd have a night cap! We had to wait till 3 O' clock before our room was ready as there was a wedding there the day before. While waiting we had a sandwich in the bar which was delicious and we were served by a very nice young lad - service with a smile ! Same lad served us breakfast - with a smile again(hope he has a very good holiday in Lanzarotte) He certainly helped make our stay there a pleasant experience as did "Red" who was extremely helpful. Our stay was OK for one night and we have no complaints.

• Trip type: Travelled with family