Fairways Lodge & Leisure Club
US$82
US$119
US$107
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$88
  • Free Internet
US$254
US$238
  • Pool
All reviewsleisure facilitiestrouser pressblack puddingbooked roomscity centrebudget hotelstayed here for one nightconcert
Reviewed 30 January 2014

We got married here in the loft area and it was lovely very cozy then we had the reception upstairs in the sedgley suite,have to say yes it did feel like we were mithering leading upto the wedding as you could never get hold of the girl who dealt with the events but the staff on the night were really helpful nothing was too much trouble,we stayed in room one which is there bridal suite and it was lovely very bright and plenty of room and yes while the bed could of done with a new mattress as it wasn't very comfy it did the job for the night I'm not sure if I would recommend there dj though because he didn't play that many of the songs We suggested and ignored other peoples requests when they asked even though he said at the beginning of the night he would take requests also as I was busy chatting to guests I didn't notice until other people asked where he was that at one point he disappeared for half an hour leaving the music he chose playing some people might not think that £220 is not a lot to pay for a dj but I do.other than that we had a wonderful day.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Poppypeanut1
Reviewed 23 December 2013

This is my 1st ever review after travelling for over 10 years, I just don't want anybody to be fooled ny this place like us! Rooms unclean with dust, dirt, mould and hair! Mattress must have cost about £20, so uncomfortable if we hadn't arrived so late we would have left! Bathroom like a hospital or prison just dirtier! Spa area filthy, dead flies in sauna along with peanuts??? Green water in hot tub/Jacuzzi (over compensated on chlorine because of the filth). Breakfast order wrong, cold and took away from us half way through. Really wish I would have stayed at home and spent the £42 on petrol

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 16 December 2013

My friend and I booked two rooms for the night.

My room was reasonable except that it could hardly be called clean - the kettle was disgusting.

We were then shown my friends room which smelt terrible - on complaining we were told that they management were aware that the previous occupant had had "smelly feet".

The next room was not much better but just about bearable to I opted to swop rooms.

The bed was unbelievably hard.

Breakfast was OK but the toast was cold and the food somewhat stewed - the beverages took for ever to arrive.

I managed to lose the key to my room, something I had never done in over 50 years of staying in a hotel.

It was a tiny Yale key attached to a king ring the size of a 10p piece with the number on it.

When I was let in to my room after returning from visiting friends, I was told there would be a charge made for the key, probably about £8

I was somewhat shocked to be told that there was a standard charge of £25 - yes a whopping £25 to replace the key as the lock would have to be replaced in case someone found the key!

Considering that the very small key ring had NO INFORMATION on it, this was beyond the realms of possibility.

It is the first time in all my years of travelling that a so called hotel has ruined a trip!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We stayed in this hotel for two nights to see a concert in the center off Manchester. It was a little bit difficult to find if you dont know what bus to get best bet is to go towards bury its about 4miles from the center, we were greeted by a friendly receptionist and quickly checked in to our room, the room was clean and off decent size.we then went to the bar/restaurant for a meal the food wasnt the best it had a pub food feel to it but the price reflected this we then enjoyed a few drinks in frount off a open fire the place had a nice cozy feel to it overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone that dosnt mind the location!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank gary93s
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel as we were going to an event at the Phones 4 U Area. I had read some fairly bad reviews beforehand and was a little worried, I didn't need to be.
The hotel was lovely and the room was spot on. Very tastefully decorated and a fantastic shower. Paid £42 for 1 night and considering you get breakfast for that and free parking, I think that is pretty good.
The staff on reception were very friendly and helpful, we were able to check in early and they were really helpful with directions. The breakfast was good with black pudding and lots of toast.
There is a bus stop a few minutes away from the hotel where you can get the bus straight into the city centre. There is also a Sainsburys at the end of the road just a couple of minutes walk away.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple