Fairways Lodge & Leisure Club
US$82
US$119
US$107
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$88
  • Free Internet
US$254
US$238
  • Pool
All reviewsleisure facilitiestrouser pressblack puddingbooked roomscity centrebudget hotelstayed here for one nightconcert
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Reception Lady was friendly
Room is very small but for one night was ok. Carpets could do with a clean, shower was good, powerful but couldn't take the head down to wash properly.
Peaceful quiet surroundings, in a great location close to Manchester city centre.
Breakfast was average and not very hot when brought out. Toast was flat cold.
Overall you cant complain for £42 a night with breakfast included

Room Tip: Dont leave valuables in the room. There's bars up at the window because they dont lock securely.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sheree21
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

As a traveling contractor, I try to be as honest as possible... As soon as I got to the reception I was greeted with a warm welcome, the breakfast is brilliant don't pass it! The corridors and other areas of the hotel could do with a lick of paint but as far as the room goes it was lovely, spacious and well kept. Would stay here again!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Garynewson
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I needed to be in Prestwich and the location of the Fairwauys Lodge was perfect. The hotel, however was not. The bedroom was, I am sorry to say, unclean. Cobwebs on the window sill, dust on the dressing table, chipped bath, dirty tiles and staining around the sink tops. The carpets needed a good clean and the mattress did not have a protection cover which I thought would have been standard in any hotel.

The restaurant area was tired and in need of some serious renovation work whilst the breakfast - a simple egg on toast - took 20 minutes to arrive.

All credit to the staff however, as they worked cheerfully to make up for the hotel's serious shortcomings - I will not be staying there agian - sorry.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2014

After searching tirelessly for accommodation in/near Manchester city centre I was unable to find anywhere for under £100 a night until I came across this gem. I was with a friend and we were just after a comfy bed to rest our heads after a few nights on the raz in Manchester.
At a steal for £105 for two nights (Fri & Sat inc. B&B) I was a tad nervous after reading the reviews.
However, I will DEFINITELY be going back. At only 3.5 miles from the city centre (bus or £12 taxi) it's really convenient, and is at the end of a residential street so I felt safe leaving my car in their free car park. There are lots of convenient shops and takeaways just at the end of the road too.
The staff were so so lovely, we were always greeted with a smile and a hello from both reception and the bar/reception staff, the food (only ate breakfast) was lovely - choice of cereal and/or cooked breakfast. There was a sauna/steam room and jacuzzi, along with squash courts which we had access to, with convenient opening times.
The room was clean, bed was comfy and the shower was hot - what more could I ask for?? The corridors near the rooms did smell a little of smoke but this isn't noticeable after being in the room for a minute or so.
It's a lovely little lodge, close to the centre of Manchester, safe, friendly and warm, would highly reccommed.

Room Tip: We had room 21 - right at the end of the corridor so only could hear people from one other room, but I didn't lose any sleep. Wouldn't reccommend for families, but young couples or groups of mates heading out on the lash, it is perfect
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I have stayed here at least 4 times this year, I booked it originally as it was convenient to where i needed to be in Manchester, I'm glad I hadnt time to read all the reviews or I would never have booked. All the staff are a credit to the hotel, all very friendly and helpful, arranging taxis for me and my dad etc! the bar area and breakfast areas are lovely, bar food is fine as is breakfast, it will never be fine dining but as long as it is hot food and tasty then i can't complain. the bedrooms a very clean but a bit outdated although on our fist visit they did seem to be painting the corridors, but it seemed to have stopped after the first visit. on my second stay there was a mix up with my booking but it was fixed within seconds! using this hotel as a base for a couple of days, it is central to the city and other parts of Manchester.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo