“Shabby and unkempt...”
Review of Imperial Hotel

Imperial Hotel
Ranked #23 of 29 Manchester B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 October 2012

From looking at the outside the building I was concerned about what the interior would hold! The plaster was crumbling from the brickwork and the paint around the door way peeling off.

Inside it wouldn't take much to make this place ten times better; a good clean, a bit of redecoration and some new bed linen.
However, the room was tired, wallpaper coming off the wall, damaged carpets, dirty shower and tatty bed linen with holes and stains. The heater in the room didn't work making the room feel cold and damp, this didn't bode well for a good night's rest!!
As with some other previous guests we didn't stop for breakfast either!!
Cost-wise, you could find something a lot better in Manchester for a few pounds more in my experience.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Imperial Hotel

Reviewed 30 September 2012

This was literally the only room I was able to find in Manchester, so was relieved to get it but it felt like stepping back in time. The whole place looks like its not been done up or cleaned in a long time. My room was small but fine.
I soon noticed that the window didn't have a blind or a curtain, so asked the manager if there was anything to cover it with. When I came back he said he had sorted it so I went back to my room to find that he had hung a bin bag in front as a cover!
Breakfast was not the best to put it nicely, but the hotels location was great.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Vlad_33
Reviewed 27 August 2012

the room needed a good clean, bits of crap on the floor, stains on the wall, no cold water and didnt risk using the shower. breakfast was included but we skipped that also incase we became ill. also, the smoke alarm was covered with a plastic bag with brown dirt on it. in the morning, the 'manager' opened the reception door in his pjamas! nice! we couldnt wait to get out of there so we could get home to have a shower. only stay there if youre absolutely desparate!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank joanne p
Reviewed 23 August 2012

This hotel was booked for me through work, I did get an apology. On entering the room, there was a smell.........sorry I can't describe it, I've nothing to compare it to. The room was tiny, so it wouldn't have taken long to clean it, but hadn't bothered. I'd guess at a month of non vacuuming in the centre of the carpet and at least three years at edges / corners. The shower room's floor had rotted away in front of the wash basin, so you couldn't stand there for fear of going through. The shower cubicle and curtain was covered in mold / mildew. The shower itself didn't work, just dribbled away.

On the second night, I was wakened at 1:14am by a cockroach landing on my face, needless to say I didn't sleep the rest of the night and left the next morning.

Room Tip: Another hotel Please!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Tom S
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Although the accommodation was a little tired it was good value for money - ideally placed for the hospitals - I was down there whilst my son had a kidney transplant
The rooms were basic, clean but in need of redecoration
The breakfast was very good and the staff - especially the lady who did the breakfasts were very helpful

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 July 2012 via mobile

Horrible place, the first room we were shown to the beds were not made and there was macdonalds wrappers all over the floor, the 2nd room was not much better, was booked in for two nights and only stayed for one night as was that bad, I preferred to lose money then stay there two night. I would never stay again and would never recommend. We were two girls staying and did not feel safe there.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Jessica831
Reviewed 8 July 2012

grubby, grimmy and grim. Room pokey with poor quality bed. Shower room grimmy, with cracked tiles, dirty grout, grubby shower curtain. light fitting cracked (unsafe!) I had to force the kids to brush their teeth. They refused to wash! Breakfast adequate. Hostitality average. Location to centre good.

Room Tip: don't visit unless desperate.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family