Hatters Hostel on Newton Street
US$102
US$148
US$119
  • Room Service
Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$88
  • Free Internet
US$262
US$245
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfree breakfastbeds were comfortabletrain stationwould stay againcentral manchesterconcert
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

I love this place, even though I just stayed for 1 night. Nice staffs, nice roommates, warm room, and also amazing free breakfast! One thing that they must fix is just the shower at the 2nd floor near the female dorm. The water heater didn't work! But as I still can take shower in other shower rooms, that's not a big problem at all. Well, you still have to fix it btw... ;)
If I come back to manchester, I will stay here again. :)

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

Visited in November 2012 (my app wont let me go back that far). Me and a friend, both 17, so its nice that we could stay there with us being under 18, stayed for a night and got a private room with a private bathroom. The room was immaculate and a good size, there is a kitchen on each floor with bread and butter for your use, obviously you can bring your own food to cook too, we didn't feel the need to as we were only there for the night. The staff were extremely helpful, as we live hundreds of miles away and this was our first night in manchester and we lost each other, they were more than happy to help us find each other! We were sceptical to get a shared room in the hostel, mainly because we were going to be noisy and we didn't want to upset them; but there was few people there that night, so we probably would of ended up by ourselves in a shared room anyways. Overall, brilliant place to stay and would definitely stay here again and is definitely recommended!

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 November 2013

The staff were really friendly and the hostel was clean. We stayed in a twin room and it was very comfortable for a hostel. Basic breakfast is free, and you can have free toast all day. There's good facilities and it's tight in the centre of the city. A good hostel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I stayed alone here. Everybody was friendly enough. Free tea and toast 24hr which was great for coming in after 11. I'd recommend it :) Breakfast was also included which helped the hangover. I was there for one night as i had a gig at the arena. Good price for one night too. £18.50.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 November 2013

It's a lovely, old building which is charming, but that comes with a certain rustic-ness. It was noisy, partly because it's on a central city road (partly also because I stayed on a Friday night), the room had only 1 power point and the lift could only take my bag; I had to take the stairs.

Lockers were outside in the main hall areas, not in my room, the curtains didn't seem to fit properly and the shower door was coming off. But, my room was spacious.

I was pleasantly surprised that I could have breakfast, even though I was leaving at 4.45am. This is great, but perhaps a condiment could be provided to go with the toast and butter?

To be honest, I've stayed at better hostels, but Hatter's Manchester is clean and comfortable. It's also in a central great location and just a 5 minute walk from Piccadilly Station.

Room Tip: A room that faces Port St will probably be a bit quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo