“Value for Money”
Review of Hatter's Hostel

Hatter's Hostel
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Stayed here with my best friend for an place to kip whilst we were going to a series of concerts in the UK & IE. We were well located for MEN Arena and the free toast was a bit of a lifesaver. We ended up in one of the gigantic 18 bed rooms and we were both able to sleep, so that is always a plus. The bathroom was freezing though, it was winter time and an old building, so I recommend bringing slippers, as my bare feet were about to fall off! Well worth the money, and I would stay here again and recommend to a friend.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 16 August 2014

I was there only one night with my boyfriend on my last day in the UK. The place is very cool. I recommend this place for college student age. Service was very good and the staff are nice people. I also Liked that we can use the kitchen as well!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2014

This hostel ticks the main boxes: good location, clean room and showers, the bed was so comfortable! Only things are:
- The showers are operated by a push button which gives maybe 30 seconds of water and the temperature is automated but is set at a tepid temperature
- Toilets are old so seem to clog up throughout the day and by night they are stuck and don't flush (this happened two nights on the level 2 girls toilets).

Also be aware that this is a party hostel so there will be people moving in and out of the rooms at all hours of the night - not an issue for me but probably not most suited for those who want early nights or light sleepers.

Wifi is only in public areas - there is a nice common area and a TV room. There is a free basic breakfast offered (toast, cereal, tea and coffee, juice). Overall very satisfied and would stay again!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Best hostel I have stayed in in ages thanks guys, everyone was very friendly and made things easy. Caitlin organizes some great night activities and has heaps of fun with the crew. The beds and dorms were well kept and the linen was always clean. Breakfast in the mornings was basic but did the job to help get you started for the days adventures.

Cheers again

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This suited me fine - a small 4 bed dorm in a great central location, clean, friendly service, safe and cheap as chips (£25/night). And you get a free brekkie. OK, the decor is a bit tired and the shower room floor was sopping wet, but this is pretty insignificant for me and I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: 4 bed dorm on the top 5th floor.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Love this hostel! Great atmosphere with lots of social activities. The pub crawl in particular was really fun and a great chance meet people. Caitlin, who runs the social activities, was really awesome at looking after us all. My only minor complaint is that the showers tend to be a bit cold. Otherwise great place to stay!

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Hatters was the worst place i have ever stayed.Fortunately only a sat night.I felt like i was deceived because this accommodation had a much better image to Internet.The reality was very miserable. I was angry and i felt offended by the ownership because by offering such a room and shower and toilets conditions does not respect their customers.IT IS the first time i go to an accomodation and just went out and starting looking for another. I had found another accommodation - a very nice hotel-but going to Hatters to ask my money back and live, i thought i will not refund my money so i decided not to be exposed in another hussle.I thought it is only one night to stay there so it will pass quickly.I need to stay one day more in Manchester so the next day i stayed in a very nice and pleasant hotel with a wonderful room, perfect conditions in shower and toilets, it was exactly in the same street the Piccadilly raiway station was - the perfect place for me- and cost 7 pounds less per night than Hatters Trully with the same cost of Hatters someone can have a wonderful accommodation in another place.I shall write some things that i didnt like at Hatters.It was a very sever odor of urine outside of my room it was number 306- a single room- the next door was the toilets of the men -i imagine how dirty they were-I did inhale so much urine smell,when i went out to the city i was feeling stong smell of the ammoniac of the urine inside me.The womens showers and toilets were in another floor of mine. I must to transverse all this distance wrapped in a towel to go in the shower.The showers were all together so it was not possible to be locked so i had nowhere to live the towel and my underwear and the plastic card key room.The shower had not taps to regulate the water temperature.There was not a washbasin in the room so for all those times i need water i had to go up and down the floor.The toilets were extremly dirty-the toilet papers were thrown around because the basket was full.The room was so miserable it was not renovated.It was so old it was like a storage.You couldnt see it without a very bad feeling.You couldnt believe that you booked from internet a room like this...If i describe all the miserable details of the room i must write 1 hour.I stop here because if i describe all the bad details of this accommodation i must write for hours.the only positive thing in the room was the clean bed.

Room Tip: Avoid this place
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo