Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester
US$118
  • Restaurant
Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$101
US$94
US$133
US$120
  • Room Service
Princess St. Hotel(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$105
  • Breakfast included
US$158
US$141
US$129
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Manchester Central Arena(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$52
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
Travelodge Manchester Upper Brook Street(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$55
Travelodge
5,959 results
All reviewsopus barsteak and lobsterthe free trade hallafternoon teawet roomstar hotelcity viewspa facilitieslovely hotelmini barbirthday treathotel barfantastic staylovely roommember of staffstayed here for one nightconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 May 2011

Check was with limited friendliness, but efficient. As a gold elite club member (as it was mentioned in my reservation), I received no room upgrade, no welcome gift and - on request - no late check-out.

Arriving in my room late afternoon after a long trip by car and trying to get a short nap, I was awakened by the phone: front desk wanted to know "if everything is ok"... :(

At midnight and at 00:30h am the alarm clock went on (unfortunately I had not checked it in the evening...).

The room was ok (standard). At the time of my stay, the customers of the hotel seemed to me "more 3* than 5*". The hotel was very close to the convention center and close (i.e. walkable) to the city center.

Perhaps I just was a bit unlucky this time at the Radisson...

4  Thank freqtravmuc
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2011

Thank you for all of you feedback. Firstly I would like to apologise that your Gold Elite membership was not recognised and will ensure that this error is rectified. With regard to your comments about our customer base, the Radisson Edwardian ethos of Luxury Without Pretention is intended to make all of our guests feel welcome and comfortable.

Reviewed 28 May 2011

I think the problem I had with this hotel is that it is advertised as 5 star. I was expecting it to be 5 star. It wasn’t.

We stayed in the Jagger ‘suite’. I was expecting a suite. It wasn’t.

I was also expecting the food to be of a certain standard. It wasn’t.

I must admit that the Raddison and I got off to a bad start. I travelled up from London by car and arrived mid-afternoon. When I pulled up I noticed a guest loading up his own car from a baggage trolley, which struck me as rather odd, but summed up the place beautifully.

The front of house in this hotel is appalling. When I tried to check in I was met with blank stares and I have to say rudeness. I am not one to get riled easily but the desk staff at this hotel managed it in record time. When the manager came over, she seemed completely uninterested in my complaint.

The hotel offered a ‘valet service’ for my car, which they have the nerve to charge at £30 a night for. The alternative is to ‘park it yourself’. So far so bad. I waived goodbye to my car with the advise to give them half an hour warning if I wanted to get it back.

As I have mentioned above the room simply was not a suite. It a big room yes, a suite no. Also the walls are like cardboard (as I discovered on day 2).

The next day when I came in from work, my room key did not work. I was told this was my fault. No apology. Interestingly this happened more than once, and not just to me. After that I did not want anything more to do with reception.

On the third night we had room service. It was passable, but not close to what you would expect from a hotel that claims to be 5 star.

The problem is the hotel is ok. Which is fine…..but it is not 5 star. Do not expect it and you will be less disappointed.

5  Thank theboyrobinson

I am disappointed to read that we did not meet your expectations during your recent stay. Our five star status is reviewed and awarded following an annual external accreditation, and we are proud to have recently achieved Silver status in the National Hotel of the Year Awards. I would not want other readers of this review to be misled so would like to reassure you that this is a concrete framed building and was surprised to read your comment regarding the walls.
Our focus has always been on excellent customer service, and as part of that philosophy all Trip Advisor comments are responded to individually by myself. As you may have seen, the majority of our reviews are very positive so I am most keen to personally discuss your feedback in more detail and would be very grateful if you could contact me directly at your own convenience. I look forward to hearing from you and to having the opportunity to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed 26 May 2011

Couldn't be better located for Manchester Convention Complex.
Rooms are good, spacious and clean
Breakfast was not included and cost £11 for a continental breakfast - expensive way to have a bowl of cereal and slice of toast.
They'll email a feedback questionnaire afterwards. If you reply positively, you will be sent an email per day asking you to write a review on tripadvisor. My advice: don't respond to their questionnaire unless you like spam!

Room Tip: 5th floor rooms are nice
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We recently experienced an issue with our central server which resulted in automated emails being sent several times. I would like to assure you that this has now been rectified. We hope to welcome you back again very soon

Reviewed 25 May 2011

I have stayed here many times on Business and it is a great hotel worthy of 5 star rating in my view. I have been reluctant to review this hotel as I wanted to keep it to myself, very selfish I know. The hotel has everything you need in a comfortable contemporary yet classic building. I stay in a lot, I mean a lot of hotels and this hotel is in my top 5, and in my top 2 of UK Hotels. I think the mark of a good hotel is what happens when things go not to plan and this has only happened once and it was sorted perfectly.

Room Tip: All good!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for this excellent review, we are delighted to be in your top 2 hotels and are pleased that you enjoy our product and service as a regular guest.

Reviewed 21 May 2011

This is a truly fabulous hotel. I always try and stay here when in Manchester. The staff are courteous and helpful. Nothing is ever too much trouble. The rooms are superb with comfortable beds (although personally I prefer a slightly harder mattress) and a small but sparkling bath, shower and toilet. The shower power is rather lower than it used to be, but it is still adequate. The views over the centre of Manchester are splendid. Breakfast is buffet style and are varied and plentiful with good old fashoined cooked British fish dishes such as smoked haddock and kippers although I usually content myself with just cereal and tea.

Room Tip: JUst ask the helpful staff at the reception.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2011

Thank you for all of your very kind comments and constructive feedback which we appreciate. When you next make a reservation to stay with us, please mention your mattress preference so thay we can ensure your stay is comfortable.