“Worst Night sleep ever - 5 star your having a laugh”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester
Ranked #20 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
Abergele
“Worst Night sleep ever - 5 star your having a laugh”
Reviewed 30 April 2012 via mobile

I am in room 721 whilst writing this. The blinds do not shut properly so the sun light is beaming in. Also for some stupid reason the temperature does not go below 18 degrees c in the room. I have twice complained that it is way too hot in here but have been fobbed off twice.

The windows do not open in the room so I have to just lie here boiling hot until my Mrs wakes up so we can check out.

This hotel is an absolute joke. 135.60 to lie in a boiling hot room all night and not be able to sleep.

I really really hope someone reads this before I check out which hopefully is sooner rather than later.

I can't wait until someone tries to offer us 10% off our next stay or something pathetically similar because they will be told where to shove it.

How stupid must you be to set a minimum temperature at 18 degrees c at the end of April.

Will definately be staying in the Lowry next time.
I CAN'T STRESS HIGHLY ENOUGH HOW MUCH OF A JOKE THIS HOTEL IS
DO NOT STAY HERE IT'S AWFUL.

• Stayed April 2012
6 Thank Michael T
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Unfortunately this review was not published until you had left. Our Customer Service Manager, Stefan Rae has tried to contact you by telephone and we would be most grateful if you contact him at your own convenience. Many thanks

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (754)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
London
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Stayed here for two nights. I enjoyed my stay, though dont think I would be willing to pay again that kind of money. Hotel is situated close to the city centre. Food is good, though the service can be a bit slow even when it is not busy. Wouldn't stay here again only because of the price.

2 Thank Poseidon_adventure77
I am pleased you enjoyed your stay but concerned with your comments regarding slow service which is not our normal standard.
Kent,
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Have just returned from a Saturday night stay at this lovely hotel. The staff are charming and sorted out a couple of minor glitches efficiently. On arrival we were allocated a twin room when my booking with expedia stated I had booked a double room; apparently, this happens with bookings through 3rd parties so the guy on reception recommended you always contact the hotel directly after making a booking this way. Luckily, we nabbed the last double bed in the hotel! Then our tv didn't work but a guy appeared within 10 mins to fix it - my partner was waiting on the football results!! TV was fixed but not the movie channel, which we would never have watched anyway. In any event, we were sent up glasses of wine to apolgise which was a nice touch. Room was clean and I loved the view from our 7th floor room of the clock tower of the town hall. Although the air con is rather noisy, the hotel itself was blissfully quiet, so enjoyed a good night's sleep. The location is excellent and I enjoyed the walk through Albert Square under the watchful eyes of Prince Albert, to head for some retail therapy on a very cold and windy Sunday.

Room Tip: If your room is high up you get views across the city.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for all of your comments on our service, I was disappointed to read of your minor glitches but pleased that we resolved them.
Poway, California, United States
Reviewed 28 April 2012

I picked this hotel as it was the Free Trade Hall prior to Radisson purchasing the building. The facade is still the same but the hotel itself is beautiful and modern. Our room was on the 10th floor and was very comfortable and nicely decorated. The bed was also very comfortable. The concierge was helpful. The breakfast was a bit pricey for what it was and probably the "worst" part of the stay, although it wasn't bad. Overall it was a nice visit and a great hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jenny M
Thank you for your feedback, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. Added value rates which include breakfast are available via our own website.
Scotland
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Stayed at the Radisson last weekend for two nights.
We had a room on the 12th floor which wasn't the most spacious but just fine for our two night stay. I wouldn't recommend this hotel for longer than that as there are no drawers to put clothes and not that much hanging space.
I wouldn't suggest this hotel for new couples as the bathroom set up is very open to the bedroom.... they've made the most of a small space in the actual bathroom and the sink/wardrobe area is open to the bedroom.
Check in was very informative, where we recieved a card with a complimentary movie & drink in the bar each. This was a nice touch.
The concierge was also very helpful with our luiggage.
The hotel location is ideal, a 2 min walk to deansgate & nice restaurants.
Breakfast on sunday was very busy depsite lastig till 12noon, and the set up they had wasn't very 21st century in my opinion. They could have been more organised about which guests had already booked breakfast and which hadn't. When we asked to cancel breakfast for the following day they advised it was included in our package, pity the restaurant staff didn't know this.
The bar staff (Chris) was really helpful and friendly, we enjoyed a few nice cocktails & some bubbly.
We had afternoon tea which was delightful, followed by a spa treatment which was also most enjoyable.
The spa is very well set up with modern gym quipment, a lovely pool, jazuzzi, sauna & steam - well worth a visit while you stay.
It's a pity none of the central hotels can cater for parking or offer a discounted rate as this cost us a whack for the whole weekend.
I would return to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your compliments on our product and service. I was disappointed to read your comment regarding breakfast, please be assured this is not our normal standard.
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Stayed here with my partner for a weekend, I regularily stay in some very nice hotels that are provided in the line of my work and this hotel was immaculate.
The service was second to non as you would expect, the staff very helpfull polite and über professional.
I've not experienced better service in England to date, excellent breakfast an service all the way through,
It felt like I was in a 5 star American hotel complete customer satisfaction that is hard to find over here.

• Stayed February 2012
I was delighted to read this great review, we hope to see you again soon.
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Usually I stay at the Lowry but thought I would try this hotel, I booked the day before on line a luxury double for my girlfriend and myself, upon arrival we waited 10 mins while one staff member ran check in, slowly checking in people before us ( I was late for a meeting ) and then when we checked in we were told they only had a twin.
We asked for an upgrade to a double better room as it was their error, they said they would but we would have to pay an extra £40 on top of the £150, asked to see the manager and told we would have to wait 10/15 mins, as I was late I said it’s not acceptable, I cancelled, drove to the Lowry and got a better rate and free breakfast, the general manager even came out to greet us and welcome us back.

Stay at the Lowry if you want good service and professional standards of treatment.

We won’t be trying this hotel again which is their loss as I stay in Manchester every month on business and I have many business colleagues who stay also, I will be telling them about my experience, poor…..

Room Tip: We will not be going again so cant comment on rooms
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
7 Thank Graham J
I would like to explain that room types booked via 3rd party web sites are on request only. I am sorry you chose to stay elsewhere but appreciate personal preferences.