“the best breakfast in town”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester
Ranked #19 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Manchester, United Kingdom
“the best breakfast in town”
Reviewed 1 April 2013

I have stayed here a few times, since the last time it has undergone a transformation to a Blu hotel.
The new artwork is awful, the background music is a little intrusive and the menu at Alto is a bit unimaginative.
However, that aside, everything else was great. Good friendly efficient service (they were very busy), the food was cooked well and the drink selection was fine.
The double room is well set out with good quality facilities.
The breakfast is well worth getting up for. A good range of fresh food, good quality, again good service. If I'm next in Manchester looking for a delicious breakfast, I would call in here as it is superb.
It is a lovely place to stay. Next time may stay there and explore The French at the Midland.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, 3 April 2013
Thank you for all of your comments. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our breakfast. Most of the feedback on our new artwork has been very positive but I appreciate that all tastes differ. The menu in Alto is simply Steak or Lobster which has proved popular but thank you for your feedback, we hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (744)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
Accrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2013 via mobile

We stayed on one night in Manchester for my boyfriends 30th birthday. We arrived early and tried to check in twice, once at 1pm and then again at 2pm (the official check in time) only to be told our room wouldn't be ready for another hour.

This didn't bother us as we were already relaxing in the Opus Bar, then Manny on Reception offered us a complimentary drink in the Alto Bar while we waited. We had arranged for family to meet us for a drink in the afternoon at the hotel so this was just fine.

Manny on Reception was excellent; the desk was busy and wasn't flustered at all with the fact our room wasn't ready. Bang on 3pm Manny came to find me in the bar to check me in. I thought this was professional that he hadn't forgotten about us and was prompt with the time. Check in was great, I booked directly online with the hotel and this was the first time when checking in hotels I didn't need to 'register' and fill in forms and sign. I liked this. Manny explained that he was on shift the rest of the day and on check out if I needed him for anything.

We still had family in the bar so Manny arranged for our bags to send up to the room on our behalf.

When we did reach the room, there was a lovely card from the Front of House Manager George welcoming us and a plate with two brownies on with a lovely happy birthday message.

The views from the room were amazing. The only downsides to the room where that the sink had a leak; two light bulbs were out over the bed (I did leave a note for Housekeeping/Maintenance) and purely a personal preference the bed was too hard for me.

Everything else was great. The shower was very good too.

Breakfast - this was the best breakfast I'd experienced in a UK hotel for a long long time. Everything was hot, clean and plenty of choice. I noticed that the breakfast staff were alert and attentive too. Breakfast time was from 8am to 12noon which was again just great, normally they tend to be a rushed couple of hours with lack lustre food.

I will definitely return to this hotel.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
I am delighted you enjoyed your boyfriend's birthday celebration, thank you for this great review and kind comments on our staff and service.
Reviewed 31 March 2013

We stayed on Good Friday night for a romantic night away from the kids. The first room we were given clearly hadn't been used for a while; it had out-of-date magazines on the table and the drains in the bathroom smelt terrible. We were swiftly moved to a much better room, with no fuss at all. We had a comfortable night in a nice hard bed, and the full breakfast was very good.

Room Tip: Ask for a City view on the north side.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Please accept my apologies for the poor standard of your room, but I am pleased you enjoyed a comfortable stay.
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Everything at the Radisson Blu Edwardian was perfect from start to finish, couldn't fault it in any way. The staff bent over backwards for us everywhere we went and the rooms were lovely. My partner who stays in a lot of 5* hotels across the UK on work trips said that the Radisson was infact the best hotel he has stayed at in the UK. Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: We were in room 1018 on the 10th floor and had a lovely view over Manchester
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jammy_dodger86
Thank you for your recommendation and very kind comments.
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2013 via mobile

A great city centre hotel. We couldn't fault anything about our stay. The hotel itself is spotless and has a great feel to it. Impressive reception area and our room was exceptional. Lovely bed, the best nights sleep I have had in ages. The staff were very helpful. Breakfast was really good too. We would definitely stay there again.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
I am pleased you enjoyed your stay, thank you for all of these great comments.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 29 March 2013

I have stayed here a few times now and the team here know how to run a hotel. Professional, welcoming, attentive without being fussy.
This balance is difficult to achieve but in my view when a hotel manages it, then that hotel has become one above the rest. (there are not many who do achieve it). Keep doing what you do its very good, very good. Thank you.

Room Tip: I gave good for sleep quality, I like a softer bed, the bed are not hard - but I am a hard task mast...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
I was delighted to read this review and pleased that you have become a regular visitor.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Stayed one night recently and found getting onto the right street a bit tricky. Once you have done it once or twice straightforward enough. Hotel staff came out to my car across the street, asked if they could help, took my bags and directed me to the car park- good start. Was checked in by a very professional member of staff and escorted to the room which was clean and nice appointed. Breakfast the next day was not great- eggs in particular were pretty poor. Breakfast aside, not a bad stop. One could do much worse.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for your feedback, I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with breakfast.