“Best Location and Impressive Service.”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester
Ranked #20 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 2 April 2013

I stayed here in Jan 2013, my first trip to Manchester.
Upon my early arrival at the hotel, there were no room for me to check in yet hence I decided to discover Manchester city. The staff at concierge named Paul was very helpful and friendly. He gave me the map of the metro and city, taught me how to get around.
The IT staff went the extra mile to help me get connected to the wifi in the hotel.
One of the morning, I have to catch an early train hence unable to have breakfast, the hotel provides the service or packing the breakfast for you to take long the journey! How awesome is that! The concierge also helped me to made reservations for dinner at several restaurants. I was impressed by the service. The location is second to none.It is near to the shopping area, town hall is just a minute walk away and the Royal Exchange Theater is 5 minutes walk away. Best hotel in Manchester.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ShehYP
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2013

Thank you for this excellent review of our hotel and service. We appreciate all of your feedback

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester

Reviewed 1 April 2013

My son and husband stayed at the Radisson as they were attending the Man City v Newcastle match. To my sons delight, the Newcastle team were also staying at the hotel! They are both huge Newcastle fans, so were obviously over the moon. The staff at the Radisson were so kind and helpful, allowing them to obtain autographs etc before checking in

Myself and my daughter joined them on the second night, and again, I have to say the staff were very helpful, pleasant and polite. The room was extremely comfortable, clean and well equipped. We enjoyed using the pool and spa facilities and my husband used the very well equipped gym.

The bar (opus one) was very plush and we enjoyed a couple of drinks there, we didnt try the food but the drinks were very nice!

The beds were so comfortable and I had a lovely nights sleep, the only niggle I would have is the heat in the room, I tried turning the in room temperature control down to 16 degrees but it seemed to have no effect. We were unable to open windows either so had to put up with it.

Breakfast was the usual cooked assortment and cereals, pastries etc, price was high at £18.95 per person so we found a local cafe on the second morning, and ate just as well for a fraction of the cost. I suppose, if you stay at a five star hotel, you must expect to pay five star prices!

All in all a fantastic stay, and we would definitely return when in the area!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TPTWhitleyBay
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2013

I am pleased that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for all your your very kind comments. For added value, inclusive breakfast rates are available to book via our website.

Hi

Stayed here Saturday night for brother's birthday. Rooms are modern and comfy with all the amenities - only grip was that I love a bath and it was extremely shallow, but I am being picky.

Staff - lovely and helpful, couldn't ask for more.

Leisure facilities - nice pool with jacuzzi, steam and sauna, we went at 09:00 Sunday morning and was quiet, but started getting busier when we were leaving at around 10:15. They have a gym which we didn't used but looked good. You can also go down in your robes as there is a lift that takes you to the lower floor where the pool is located, which is great. The only thing in our room there were robes but no slippers, so we had to go in bare feet!

We didn't eat in the hotel so can't comment on that, cocktails are nice but pricey, as are all the drinks but what you would expect to pay in this kind of hotel.

All in all a pleasant stay - although I do prefer The Lowry in Manchester. Would I stay again - absolutely.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ssMidlands

Thank you for your review of our hotel, we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

I have stayed here a few times, since the last time it has undergone a transformation to a Blu hotel.
The new artwork is awful, the background music is a little intrusive and the menu at Alto is a bit unimaginative.
However, that aside, everything else was great. Good friendly efficient service (they were very busy), the food was cooked well and the drink selection was fine.
The double room is well set out with good quality facilities.
The breakfast is well worth getting up for. A good range of fresh food, good quality, again good service. If I'm next in Manchester looking for a delicious breakfast, I would call in here as it is superb.
It is a lovely place to stay. Next time may stay there and explore The French at the Midland.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for all of your comments. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our breakfast. Most of the feedback on our new artwork has been very positive but I appreciate that all tastes differ. The menu in Alto is simply Steak or Lobster which has proved popular but thank you for your feedback, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

We stayed on one night in Manchester for my boyfriends 30th birthday. We arrived early and tried to check in twice, once at 1pm and then again at 2pm (the official check in time) only to be told our room wouldn't be ready for another hour.

This didn't bother us as we were already relaxing in the Opus Bar, then Manny on Reception offered us a complimentary drink in the Alto Bar while we waited. We had arranged for family to meet us for a drink in the afternoon at the hotel so this was just fine.

Manny on Reception was excellent; the desk was busy and wasn't flustered at all with the fact our room wasn't ready. Bang on 3pm Manny came to find me in the bar to check me in. I thought this was professional that he hadn't forgotten about us and was prompt with the time. Check in was great, I booked directly online with the hotel and this was the first time when checking in hotels I didn't need to 'register' and fill in forms and sign. I liked this. Manny explained that he was on shift the rest of the day and on check out if I needed him for anything.

We still had family in the bar so Manny arranged for our bags to send up to the room on our behalf.

When we did reach the room, there was a lovely card from the Front of House Manager George welcoming us and a plate with two brownies on with a lovely happy birthday message.

The views from the room were amazing. The only downsides to the room where that the sink had a leak; two light bulbs were out over the bed (I did leave a note for Housekeeping/Maintenance) and purely a personal preference the bed was too hard for me.

Everything else was great. The shower was very good too.

Breakfast - this was the best breakfast I'd experienced in a UK hotel for a long long time. Everything was hot, clean and plenty of choice. I noticed that the breakfast staff were alert and attentive too. Breakfast time was from 8am to 12noon which was again just great, normally they tend to be a rushed couple of hours with lack lustre food.

I will definitely return to this hotel.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

I am delighted you enjoyed your boyfriend's birthday celebration, thank you for this great review and kind comments on our staff and service.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

We stayed on Good Friday night for a romantic night away from the kids. The first room we were given clearly hadn't been used for a while; it had out-of-date magazines on the table and the drains in the bathroom smelt terrible. We were swiftly moved to a much better room, with no fuss at all. We had a comfortable night in a nice hard bed, and the full breakfast was very good.

Room Tip: Ask for a City view on the north side.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Please accept my apologies for the poor standard of your room, but I am pleased you enjoyed a comfortable stay.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

Everything at the Radisson Blu Edwardian was perfect from start to finish, couldn't fault it in any way. The staff bent over backwards for us everywhere we went and the rooms were lovely. My partner who stays in a lot of 5* hotels across the UK on work trips said that the Radisson was infact the best hotel he has stayed at in the UK. Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: We were in room 1018 on the 10th floor and had a lovely view over Manchester
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jammy_dodger86

Thank you for your recommendation and very kind comments.