“short city stay”

Ranked #19 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Kendal, United Kingdom
“short city stay”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Both my wife and i stayed at this hotel for one night as we were attending a graduation ceremony at the Bridgewater Hall. As we regularly take short breaks in England and as my wife has mobility problems we need to be particular in where we stay. We always try to find a luxury hotel to cater for all our needs and believe me this hotel takes some beating.
The hotel is modern and has a cosmopolitan feel and is vibrant. This dosn't detract from the service or that personal touch so often missing in city hotels.
Right from the start on arrival we were met by the best concierge we have ever come acoss .
We always think that the way you are greeted and initially taken care of is really important.
The conciege took care of everything in a friendly professional way and made us feel taken care of. Throughout our visit they would check to make sure all was going well and never forgot our names.
The hotel reception was efficient and gave us a complimentary upgrade.
The hotel was immaculately furnished and you felt safe and comfortable.Superb!

Room Tip: The higher rooms have panoramic views
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
I am delighted you both enjoyed a comfortable stay, thank you for all of your very kind compliments.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (744)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I was transferred here by The Lowry as they were overbooked but it turned out to be a fantastic stay. The staff were so helpful and friendly when we arrived for my daughters graduation I asked if they could find us a hairdresser this was arranged and we were booked in straight away in a salon across the road. We came back and ordered a club sandwich and a glass of champagne in the room and they bought a plate with chocolate brownie with congratulations on it. The room was very comfortable and a good breakfast in the morning,but most off all was the staff they made our stay so enjoyable and we had a fantastic time thank you.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your review and kind comments. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay.
Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

My mum surprised me with a stay here for my birthday. We checked in with ease and were given a room on the 9th floor. After about 20 minutes came a knock at the door and they had sent up a chocolate brownie and strawberry plate with "happy birthday" written on. This was a lovely surprised which was not arranged by my mum and done off the hotels own back- a fabulous touch. Breakfast was delicious and there was plenty to choose from. Then a visit to the spa followed by afternoon tea, everything was amazing!! Compared to the hilton I would choose the Radisson every time.

• Stayed July 2013
I am pleased you enjoyed your birthday and hope to welcome you back soon.
essex
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Great hotel. Super staff. Thankfully they didn't charge me for double occupancy when I found myself sharing my room with a rather cute mouse at midnight!! The General Manager was alerted but, a month on I'm still waiting to hear the outcome.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank westcliff
Dear Reviewer
As this situation has never happened before, your comment during your stay, was to say the least very concerning and unique.
Where we are confused is that we spoke to you after you checked out, and the following day, to inform you the room had been inspected and found no trace of anything to concern us further.
We would not want to mislead readers of this review that there is a problem here.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2013

This was the second time my husband and I have had Afternoon Tea at the Radisson Blu Edwardian. Yet again it was first class. My husband had the gentleman's afternoon tea, which consisted of mini pork pie, fish & chips and Yorkshire pudding with meaty gravy. I had the traditional afternoon tea. Both were absolutely delicious. We also enjoyed the pot of tea. You could pick different types. All in all an excellent experience and we can't wait to go back.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review of our afternoon tea which has proved very popular. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Returned again for a weekend in Manchester. I contacted the hotel before arrival and asked for a quiet room fairly high up a the back and this was on the system for us. Beautiful room with a good view. The room was spotless and contained a card for 2 free drinks at the bar.My wife went shopping and I went down to the spa for a good swim and a session in the steam, and once again everything clean and perfect.

The next morning a continental breakfast a free newspaper and some more shopping. We did not dine in the hotel but at the Evuna for tapas just round the corner.

The staff in the hotel are excellent form front of house, the spa and the concierge who looked after our cases.

If you know of a better hotel in Manchester I would be mighty surprised.

Room Tip: Room fairly high up at the rear.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for this excellent review of our product and service, we appreciate your recommendation
cheshire
Reviewed 16 July 2013

It was a treat to stay here with work recently - I live locally so cannot stay here normally. The room was one of their more basic ones, but still spacious, comfortable and well equipped. There was complementary water, as well as tea/coffee. No biscuits though! Decent toiletries. Food is good. I didn't have breakfast this time - I have had breakfast there separately on other occasions and it is good. The down side was it cost be £3.03 for a ginger beer!!!! Really? Oh yes, that's what it cost. What the heck was that? You can buy 3 of them round the corner! Anyway, if money is no object, come and enjoy yourself.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback and for all of your comments.