“Great location and facilities - service could be improved.”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester
Ranked #18 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Great location and facilities – service could be improved.”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I have stayed in this hotel a number of times for both business and leisure. The hotel has a modern contemporary feel to it, the reception area is impressive and the recently refurbished spa facilities are great. The bedrooms are of a good size and have all the amenities you would expect of a luxury hotel.

I would not expect to be making any negative comments about the service in a five star hotel, but unfortunately the service experienced on my most recent stay was disappointing.

I accidentally left an item of clothing in my room and called housekeeping the following day to see if it could be located, the staff member advised she would call me back when she had looked in lost property, but she did not return my call.

The next day I spoke to a more helpful member of staff who located the item, stated she would leave it at reception and gave me a reference number so that I could collect the item quickly and efficiently.

When I arrived at the hotel, I had to wait 30 minutes and remind staff 3 times, before any attempt was made to bring my item to me, despite having called ahead and been given a reference for my item. This is completely unacceptable. The staff member on reception made absolutely no apology for the ridiculous amount of time I had to wait, even after I stated that I had called ahead purposely to avoid any delays!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Please accept my apologies for the delay in returning your missing item, thank you for your feedback.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (737)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times and I am never disappointed with the superb service that is offered by the staff and the level of cleanliness that is obvious from the minute you walk into the foyer and are met with a great and welcoming smell

I would highly recommend for business or pleasure

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
I am delighted that you have become a regular visitor, thank you for your compliments on our product and service.
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Stayed at the Radisson Blu Edwardian in Manchester on New Years Eve. The staff were very friendly and looked after us throughout our stay. As the main restaurant was fully booked for New Years Eve was offered the Alto (Steak and Lobster) Brasserie style restaurant as an alternative. Despite this being New Years Eve, the service was delivered calmly and efficiently from start to finish and the food lived up to and beyond our expectations. The room & bathroom was very clean and had a smart TV for our use. Bed very comfortable so no worries there! Seriously don't have any negatives and would definitely recommend this Hotel and would stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
I am delighted you enjoyed New Year with us, we look forward to seeing you again soon. Perhaps you will have the opportunity to sample our Opus One restaurant on your next visit.
Burnley, Lancashire
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

It's great to have an opportunity to stay in a hotel with history it having previously been the Free Trade Hall. My husband and I stopped here for our wedding anniversary on the Saturday after Christmas. I booked through Jetsetter and paid £142 for a Business class room (king bed, city view & breakfast). This was a treat for us but it was well worth the money.

The hotel is well situated for shopping, nightlife and theatres (walking distance to the Palace and Opera House). No complaints at all with either the staff, cleanliness etc. Breakfast was pretty impressive. Lots of choice in addition to the usual full English. Especially for the health conscious.

Loved the decor and architecture. They have kept the original frontage and entrance from the Free Trade Hall - as you walk through the foyer it becomes more modern and light. We had a drink in the bar later in the evening but didn't eat in the restaurant so can't comment.

Haven't stopped in any other city centre hotels so can't compare, but would definitely consider coming back here again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this detailed review of your time here at The Free Trade Hall, we hope to see you again soon.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

Just a few simple words required, excellent all round service, top class afternoon tea well worth a try. Loation very good, endless choice for breakfast. Room very spacious and spotlessly clean large comfy bed zzzzzzzzzzzz

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Congratulations on your anniversary and many thanks for your kind comments.
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I stayed here with 4 friends and it was great. We arrived early after a 5 hour journey from Cornwall and the staff welcomed us with open arms, taking our bags in to storage and then allowing us to check in early.

We arrived late back after a concert and the bar was flowing and we were recognised and quickly served.

The rooms were great, we had a brilliant view across Manchester.

We didn't get to eat but were told the food was great.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
I am delighted you enjoyed your recent visit, thank you for your recommendation.
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

My partner and I went here for a romantic night away, it didn't disappoint !

From the moment you arrive to the moment you leave the staff are very attentive.

The cleanliness of the hotel is second to none as is the decor and comfort of all rooms.

Looking forward to our return.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post this review, we hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
The Midland
The Lowry Hotel
The Lowry Hotel
#3 of 20 in Salford
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,425 reviews

Been to Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester? Share your experiences!