“Absolutely impressive!!!”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester
Ranked #23 of 121 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Sleek, beautifully modern, centrally located, extremely clean, well-equipped, run by friendly and helpful staff: these are just some of the many positive things I can say about the Radisson Blu Edwardian. My room was huge, yet minimalistic, and had a lovely balcony overlooking the city. The bed was super comfortable and as silly as this may sound, the fact that I had a generous supply of fluffy pillows was a huge plus! The gym and pool, although a bit on the small side, were very clean and had new and modern equipment. Location was great too - most attractions, railway stops, and restaurants were only a few minutes' walk away. I will definitely stay here again on my next trip to Manchester.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for providing this feedback which will assist other travellers to make an informed choice of accommodation.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,899)

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Stayed here late November 2013.
Got a good deal on a secret 5 star in Manchester, knew it would be here or the Lowry (as there are only 2 classified 5 star Hotels in Manchester). If I'm honest, I seriously would not have been happy if I'd have paid the full price shown for this Hotel.
It's very modern and ideally situated but other than that there is nothing spectacular about this place. To be fair I did not use the spa etc which I've been told are very nice.
We were given a twin room, despite when I confirmed the room, I stated it was our anniversary. We went straight back down to Reception and were given a double, so quickly rectified.
We were on a low floor which looked inside the Hotel so absolutely no view. The room was comfortable with everything needed, but again there was nothing that made it stand out. Don't get me wrong, it's fine just not what I would consider a 5 star.
We used the bar in the evening, and personally I thought it was incredibly expensive but then again given the location it is to be expected.
I would stay again but only if I had a heavily discounted price again.
Tip - don't pay to eat the breakfast here, we went to the Northern quarter around the corner and had breakfast at a little cafe (across the road from the Scientology centre). It was lovely and cost £15 for both of us, as opposed to £30 each at the Hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marina P

Thank you for your comments, I can confirm that we have recently been re-accredited with our 5 star status. I am pleased to read that you would return and for added-value, inclusive breakfast rates are readily available via our website.

Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

My partner stayed here for the night before and night of our wedding. The hotel was excellent; the service very good. We particularly enjoyed having access to the spa and pool.

A lot of our friends and family stayed here too and everyone thought it was very good.

• Stayed: January 2014

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and visit to Sienna Spa, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

Great location and high end accommodation and service. OK, the drinks are not cheap but this is Peter Street. Bedroom minimalist in a nice way with floor to ceiling window overlooking the City. Lovely shining bathroom and comfortable bed. The only criticism is - as with many new hotels - the room lighting is not great. Had a nice meal in the Steak & Lobster restaurant. The staff were well trained and very helpful particularly the concierge.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for this great review, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and meal in Steak & Lobster.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

We were treated by our children for our 50 th wedding anniversary.
David at check in made us very welcome and postponed our pre booked Afternoon Tea to the following day as we were off out to James Martins restaurant ( which is very good ) and is just around the corner.
The highlight of our visit was the way Janie and David in the bar/opus room looked after us . Afternoon Tea is an experience to be tried!
The only slight down side from our stay was the breakfast service , the selection is good but not exceptional and it took two attempts to get a pot of tea. Seemed that the men in grey suits were not paying attention.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Malcolm4manchester

Thank you for your feedback, I am pleased you enjoyed your anniversary. I am sorry you were disappointed with the breakfast service, your comments have been noted.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Had a two night stay at the Radisson and couldn't have been more well looked after! The hotel staff were welcoming, friendly, and on hand to help with any queries. Stewart, the concierge, was particularly helpful and i would like to thank him again on here for the advice and direction he offered.

The spa staff were also very welcoming, and if you get the chance to have a dip in the pool i would recommend it!

The bar is quite a dark area, but was perfect for my wife and i to have a celebratory birthday drink in comfort. And the added touch of a personal birthday message in the room made of chocolate sauce and brownie, was a great touch!

The room itself was adequately furnished and more than comfortable for us. I would say that it was a little too business like for me, but i'm sure many would find the services very useful.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

I am delighted you enjoyed the birthday celebration, thank you for all of your kind comments.

Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night. The room was great and the breakfast excellent. The staff were also very helpful and personable.

However, the hotel experienced a power cut which meant that in the morning we had no lights, internet or hot water (the last of these being particularly annoying as we had to have a cold shower).

The staff were very helpful in lighting the way through the corridors that were unlit. Would have expected an apology upon checking out, but maybe I am nitpicking!

Stayed: January 2014
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thank you for your kind comments. I would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused by the power failure which occurred in the city centre. We did contact our guests by phone, letter or email with a full explanation so I am sorry you did not receive this.