“Afternoon Tea-”

Ranked #19 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Afternoon Tea-”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We had booked a table for afternoon tea and was greeted by a friendly staff called Gary. He asked us if it was our first time to go and explained the menu to us and that tea and coffees were unlimited...He was a very friendly staff

We ordered 2 traditional teas and 1 gentleman's tea and we ordered latte and when I asked if they did Ice coffee Gary said they are able to do anything I ordered which was great so I gave it a go...

I think the experience and atmosphere was nice as we were able to get the best seats (as it wasn't busy)...the big comfy sofas at the end of the room.

Food wise, don't expect an amazing feel of 'wow thats tasty' about the food....but then again it is sandwiches so what can you expect? Desserts were not very tasty, I have had tastier desserts (even from supermarkets). I think the food was pretty average, not amazing desserts and sandwiches that made me want to rush back any time soon and the bread was slightly dry at the bottom. We did think the pork pie was pretty tasty on the gentlemans menu though....

Its deffo worth a visit for the experience and atmosphere and you get unlimited drinks on tea and cofee....including lattes, mocha and hot chocolate. The latte and mocha were tasty :)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this detailed revew of your visit. I was concerend and would like to apologise that you were disappointed with our afternoon tea, paricularly as it has proved to be very popular. Thank you for your recommendaiton.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (744)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 22 January 2014

great hotel centrally located. Very friendly and helpful staff. The breakfast is very good. The bed was so comfy and the pillows perfect. The rooms was fantastic, I would stay here again. Good value for money.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
I am pleased you enjoyed a comfortable stay and hope to see you again soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Stayed here on the 14th Jan for a treat. Overall a brilliant stay, immediately helped with bags from taxi to room and the staff are all lovely, and so helpful. Check-in was quick and efficient. The room was great, very clean and tidy and the design is beautiful especially the bathroom! We had no slippers in the room which was slightly annoying but I was given them once I asked in spa! Spa was amazing, however the towels given we very worn and small, they need to get newer bigger ones, as they weren't sufficient at all. Room service and breakfast were both fab, very tasty and good service! Only other bad point was the blind in the room when I tried to close it fell off and hit me, and left me with a bruise! Once I called reception, a man immediately came up to fix it from reception but it left me with a shock! Overall a brilliant stay.

Room Tip: higher floors lovely view!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for this review and all of your feedback. I am pleased to confirm that we are currently in the process of upgrading all of our bedroom blinds.
bristol
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Really fantastic hotel centrally located. Chose this hotel for location and spa/pool facilities. Very clean, spacious and quiet room and we were very well looked after. Swimming pool, sauna and steam room very clean and modern. There are two restaurants within the hotel. Would not recommend the 'steak&lobster' deal - we were refunded after being served two medium rare steaks before getting the well done steak we ordered.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your kind compliments on our product and location, our Steak & Lobster restaurant has indeed proved most popular. I am sorry you were served the wrong steak but we were pleased to refund this due to our error.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Excellent staff throughout the hotel. Great location. The finishing touches in every corner of the hotel made it a very special experience. Very comfortable room. The special afternoon teas are a must.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you for your recommendation and very kind comments. I am delighted you enjoyed our Afternoon Tea.
Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I work in the city centre and had 'double booked' myself with seeing friends that night and work commitments the next day. Solution- stay at the Radisson Edwardian.
This was my first time here and I was impressed. I have stayed in many 5-star hotels and this certainly compares. The room was a fantastic standard, I was particularly impressed with the size, the bed size and the finish of the bathroom.
I know Manchester like the back of my hand, so location convenient. For visitors to Manchester I would recommend the Radisson as a very central hotel within walking distance of everything important.
Concierge was fantastic- subtly helping me out with me forgetting my toothbrush and paste.
We propped up the bar until late- a blind eye turned to last orders until we were ready for bed- much appreciated.
Would definitely stay every time I need to bed down in the city- superb.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
I am pleased you enjoyed your impromptu visit, thank you for sharing your feedback with other readers. We hope to see you again soon.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for Froch vs groves weekend. We prepaid with the hotel and requested a twin room. We arrived around 3pm and our room was not ready. Then went back at 4.35 to ask if room was ready and was told they only have a double. Finally at 5.10 did they have our room ready. I was entertaining a client and it made things very awkward.

This is my second stay at this hotel and after a positive first stay I felt confident in booking again but was disappointed with my stay this time.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Wheltoons
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
I am sorry you experienced a delay in gaining access to your room, but hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back again.