“Excellent central hotel”

Ranked #19 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Lubeck, Germany
“Excellent central hotel”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I booked a night away with my mum in Manchester, having stayed at different hotels within the Radisson chain on many occasions before, I booked a room in their central Manchester hotel - I was not disappointed! Check in was easy, the room was great - twin with 2 single beds, room facilities excellent - all the staff we came into contact with were extremely helpful and very friendly - will definitely book this hotel again when requiring accommodation in Manchester.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
I am pleased you and your Mum enjoyed your stay, thank you for your compliments on our standards of service.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (747)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We stayed here for a weekend in early January. We arrived before check in time and were able to get a room right away ( this is important to us when we fly in from overseas). The room was quite small, but comfortable enough. We book a weekend package that included breakfast and afternoon tea. The breakfast was excellent and the tea was just OK. We almost missed tea time because the staff failed to give us our wake up call the first day.
One of the main reasons we chose this hotel is because it had a swimming pool,and we did enjoy that. A big negative was having 2 small incorrect charges placed on my credit card after we left. I had to email a few times and call to have these removed. Just the kind of hassle that nobody needs, and it was not appreciated.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
I am pleased you enjoyed a comfortable stay with us. We are proud of our high standards so I am sorry that we overlooked your wake up call and for the error with your account.
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

As a treat booked thus hotel following a below standard visit at another hotel. Upgraded to a city view, at the time of booking I didn't realise that this could be looking away from the city as opposed to looking into the city. The room was changed for a view but smaller room. The hotel have offered to do something on my next visit !!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank HatcherAJ
I am sorry you were disappointed with the view from your room, due to our central location the views do vary. When you next visit please contact us in advance so that we can allocate a city view.
Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed 30 January 2014

It was my 30th birthday so decided to stay here for two nights between the 27-29th January. A stunning hotel and service to match. Greeted at the door and bags carried, quick and polite check in. The room was modern, clean and spacious. We did not use the restaurant as had reservations elsewhere for both nights but used the bar, which was very nice and had a good selection of drinks. The finger food was also lovely in the bar. Used the Pool and facilities one afternoon and girlfriend had a treatment in the Spa both of which were fantastic. Returned to our room the second evening to find a small cake and platter saying Happy Birthday from hotel which was a lovely touch. The location is right in the middle of Manchester and there are always taxis outside if it's too far to walk. The hotel itself looks amazing inside with modern stylings while contained in a conservation building. All the staff were very polite, talkative and helpful from the cleaners, to bar staff and front of house staff. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor to get a good view, but any of the rooms are lovely to stay in.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
I am delighted you enjoyed your birthday celebrations. Thank you for all of these kind compliments on our service, product and location. We appreciate your recommendation.
Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 January 2014

This 5 star hotel combines classic elegance with ultra modern facilities.
The reception staff are helpful and friendly and the bar staff (look out for David) in Opus make you feel very special.
The bedrooms are spacious and well equipped. Fab bathroom with full size bath and walk in shower. Prices for food and drink are a little high but we didn't mind paying extra for a hotel of this standard.
This is our third visit to this hotel and we will continue to stay there when we visit Manchester.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
I am pleased you enjoyed your return visit, thank you for this excellent review of your stay. We hope to see you again soon.
Ulverston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I booked this hotel because it was highly rated, but service was poor, on arrival they had the reservation information incorrect, that was rectified and I booked dinner in the Opus1 restaurant, I requested 8pm but was told it was fully booked between 8 and 9.30pm and was offered 7.30pm. On reaching the deluxe room with a city view we found it lacked some of the refinements I would have expected, the soap dispenser in the shower did not work and there was no hotel guide in the room to mention a couple. We went for dinner at 7.30pm and on our arrival there was no one to greet us, we found someone who then directed us to another lady who took our room number, logged it in and showed us to our table. The restaurant was less than half full but we seemed to wait an age to be served. The menu was very limited, great if you love fish but very little choice if you don't, and I don't. There were only two starters I could chose from to suit my taste and only two main courses so I opted for goats cheese as a starter and fillet steak as the main course, I have to say when they arrived the meal was outstanding and very well presented, but we waited so long for it to arrive, and also waited a long time for our used plates to be removed. We wanted the wine menu and looked around trying to catch someone's attention but seem to be ignored it took the best part of fifteen minutes to get it, when the wine arrived the waitress mumbled and I could not hear her, I was tempted to say could you mumble that again please but I am far too polite. After two hours in the restaurant, not by choice, we went to leave, my girlfriend walked in front of me, a young man approached me and asked if I wanted to pay the bill or put it on the room, I felt as though he thought we were trying to leave without paying, I told him on the room, I was told I had to sign for it, when he logged into his computer he found we had a reservation and did not need to sign, he apologised for his mistake, but it was all very unprofessional. At no time was the restaurant anything like full, so I do not understand why 8pm was not available. It was supposed to be a romantic evening but found myself apologising for choosing the venue. To make matters worse the room electronic alarm clock went off at 6am Sunday morning, I would have expected when the room was prepared this would have been checked and cleared. On departure again the receptionist had the incorrect information and I had to wait while it was rectified. The hotel is nice but the service was not what I expected, I normally stay at the Lowry and will do again in the future, but I don't think I will stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank steven m
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to provide this detailed review of your stay. I was concerned to read that you were disappointed with your experience here. We do recall you visit and our Restaurant Manager has already tried to make contact with you so we could be most grateful if you could contact him at your convenience so that he may discuss this with you in person.
Widnes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Just stayed last night and what a lovely hotel. Myself and my mum stayed over after watching Brandon cole at the opera house. We stayed in a twin room which was very spacious.
Reception staff were really helpful, as were the bar and restaurant staff. Nothing was too much trouble.
Meal was gorgeous and not too big but filled you up. And the bar serve the best strawberry daiquiri I have tasted in a long while.
Only downside was the breakfast. It was lovely but the area the buffet was in was too small for the amount of guests send May be us but we found it odd...no fried eggs. But we just ordered them instead.
Did not use the pool or spa which was a shame as it looked lovely.
Would defiantly return x

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thank you for your very kind comments. I am delighted you enjoyed your time here and hope you can visit again soon. I am sorry you weren't offered our a la carte breakfast menu in the first instance.