Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester
The Midland(Manchester)
US$176
US$127
  • Pool
Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$94
Travelocity
US$95
  • Free Internet
5,962 results
All reviewsopus barsteak and lobsterthe free trade hallafternoon teawet roomstar hotelcity viewspa facilitieslovely hotelmini barbirthday treathotel barfantastic staylovely roommember of staffstayed here for one nightconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 February 2014

The Radisson Blu in Manchester is a nice hotel, the room was clean, of a good size and comfortable however it lets itself down on a number of points:

1.All the information about the hotel regarding room service, facilities etc is on the TV. The TV is switched off when you go in the room and they don't tell you at reception so you spend ages looking for the info.
2. When you finally find the room service menu and order a glass of wine they tell you that they haven't had that particular wine for a number of months and don't know the country of origin of the replacement they suggest.
3. The changing area of the pool and fitness facility was cramped and dirty.
4. The shampoo and shower gel in the bathroom were in large pump bottles screwed to the wall which you would expect in a hostel maybe.

All in all these are all little niggles but I believe that it is the little things that count, it just isn't reflective of a 5 star hotel.

On a plus point the opus restaurant was exceptional and I have reviewed that separately.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

I am sorry you were disappointed with your recent stay. Please accept my apoligies that our television informaiton system was not explained to you and for the lack of wine knowledge. Please be assured that I have addressed the issues. Our Essential Range toiletries have proved very popular and are in keeping with our environmental policy.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

My wife has wanted to stay at the beautiful hotel for some time so as a Christmas present I booked a weekend away. We checked in early with no fuss. The room was on the 4th floor with a very limited view of the g-mex. Clean and with good facilities we found the room to be acceptable. After a while we began to notice small imperfections with the room, crack in the toilet, chip in the side of the sink, bathroom floor that doesn't drain water away from the shower, hair dryer that is not accessible for anyone under 5'5" tall.....Worst of all the bed was obviously well worn due to the sinking in the middle of the mattress meaning I quite literally was sleeping in a trough, Not what i expect when i am paying £100+ per night.... Did the reception staff care when I pointed it out, not really. The bar down stairs was a little confusing, sound track of an underground dance club with heavy beats and repetitive rhythm being complimented badly with what can only be described as the decor of a tribal brothel. The bar staff were a little hit or miss with one being able to produce a perfect Vodka martini while the next mixes the same ingredient into a high grade paint stripper. Would i stay again in this most visually impressive hotel, No, Disappointed, massively.....

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Busterboy29

I was concerned to read that we did not meet your expectations. We carry out regular checks of all our rooms so I would like to apologise for this serious oversight. All our mattresses have recently been replaced so I am disappointed that you were not comfortable.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

I booked a night away with my mum in Manchester, having stayed at different hotels within the Radisson chain on many occasions before, I booked a room in their central Manchester hotel - I was not disappointed! Check in was easy, the room was great - twin with 2 single beds, room facilities excellent - all the staff we came into contact with were extremely helpful and very friendly - will definitely book this hotel again when requiring accommodation in Manchester.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

I am pleased you and your Mum enjoyed your stay, thank you for your compliments on our standards of service.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

We stayed here for a weekend in early January. We arrived before check in time and were able to get a room right away ( this is important to us when we fly in from overseas). The room was quite small, but comfortable enough. We book a weekend package that included breakfast and afternoon tea. The breakfast was excellent and the tea was just OK. We almost missed tea time because the staff failed to give us our wake up call the first day.
One of the main reasons we chose this hotel is because it had a swimming pool,and we did enjoy that. A big negative was having 2 small incorrect charges placed on my credit card after we left. I had to email a few times and call to have these removed. Just the kind of hassle that nobody needs, and it was not appreciated.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

I am pleased you enjoyed a comfortable stay with us. We are proud of our high standards so I am sorry that we overlooked your wake up call and for the error with your account.

Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

As a treat booked thus hotel following a below standard visit at another hotel. Upgraded to a city view, at the time of booking I didn't realise that this could be looking away from the city as opposed to looking into the city. The room was changed for a view but smaller room. The hotel have offered to do something on my next visit !!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HatcherAJ

I am sorry you were disappointed with the view from your room, due to our central location the views do vary. When you next visit please contact us in advance so that we can allocate a city view.