“Fantastic stay!”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester
Ranked #20 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Me and my girlfriend arrived for a 2 night break for my birthday on 20th April, we were greeted by friendly staff on the front desk and was checked into our room within 5 minutes. We declined the offer of help with our luggage but this was a nice touch.

The room was nice and big, tasteful decor, large smart tv but the only thing is when I booked I was told it would be a Bang & Olufsen tv but this was not the case as it was Samsung, I'm just being picky but was looking forward to a B&O tv! I wasn't happy with my pillows so asked the lady in reception and she told me to ring housekeeping and they would be happy to help and they did as they brought me alternative pillows which fixed the problem, 1st class service!

We were booked in at Steak & Lobster that same night and I have to say it was the best restaurant experience I've ever had, the food was impeccable and we had a great laugh with the staff after having a few drinks, I was told I made use of the 'unlimited fries' they were so tasty!

We don't remember getting back to the room that night but woke up early the next day looking forward to a good breakfast and I wasn't disappointed, I have never been anywhere where there's been so much choice and such luxury goods. We made use of the continental and al a carte breakfast and again the staff were so friendly and attentive. Top marks for breakfast!

After a rest in our room we decided to make use of the spa facilities and again I couldn't find fault in anything. The pool surroundings where comfortable and relaxing, we enjoyed it very much, staff were again very friendly!

Later that night we went out for drinks and came back to the room and ordered room service, this service was fast and the man that delivered it was friendly and very polite.

Overall our experience of Raddison Blu Edwardian was brilliant, the room was spacious and tasteful, the beds were really comfy, washroom and bathroom area again really nice. I could go on all day about how good everything was but I would just bore you, I have just booked another 2 night stay in October for my girlfriends birthday, I can't find any hotel in Manchester Centre that compares to this.

I suggest anyone to give it a try, its a fantastic hotel with fantastic staff!

Thank you for your hospitality.

Look forward to seeing you soon!

Neil Standring

• Stayed: April 2014
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

I was delighted to read all of your comments on your time spent with us. We appreciate this great feedback and look forward to welcoming you both back in October.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,762)

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Stayed at the hotel for one night due to having a blinding hangover and wasn't feeling particularly confident id make it to glasgow without falling asleep on the train and ending up in Inverness #awkymo.

Upon arriving at the hotel i was quickly allocated my room in a professional and expedient manner by the gentleman at reception Andrew who was kind enough to ask if i required a seat whilst he dealt with my check in. Excellent attitude and enthusiasm for his job. Very impressed.

Arrived at my room I was thoroughly impressed with the standard which was extremely high and extremely comfortable if i had to make one small suggestion however which in no way takes away from the overall brilliance of this hotel i would suggest upgrading the ipod docking station/speaker/thing to fall into line with the iphone 5 connection it would be welcome however, i had access to youtube through the television anyway so was not too fussed but yano...just saying.

I also during my stay and seeing as I had no mates decided to go down to the hotel bar Opusone to drown my sorrows i found it to be an absolutely outstanding establishment with first rate staff. I would however like to bring particular attention to one member of the bar staff. Scott I found him to be absolutely outstanding and one of the friendliest people i have ever met he was happy to listen to me waffle on for a good few hours (no mates remember) even though at times he was clearly busy and made a damn good bloody mary just the right amount of spice i would quite happily go as far as to say it was the level of customer service i received from the likes of scott and the bar manager that will have me returning to the raddison blu edwardian again and again he is a credit to himself and the establishment as a whole if only more hotel staff were like him eh?

Overall absolutely amazing stay loved every moment thank you for making it special. I will be returning very soon if not to sample my new favourite drink just one more time!

Bryan Davies

• Stayed: May 2014
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

I am delighted we were able to come to your rescue on your way to Glasgow. Thank you for your very kind compliments, we look forward to mxing your favourite Bloody Mary again soon.

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Impressive hotel- lovely atmosphere and decor- all staff were extremely pleasant and helpful. Room was a good size and really comfortable- bathroom lovely and lots of full length mirrors! Beware of the mini bar tho- it has sensors so if you move anything it's automatically charged to your card! I made this mistake but the concierge were happy to accept my mistake and didn't charge us for just 'moving' the items! Would definitely stay again although we got a good deal on our room- not sure I would pay full price! Ate in the steak and lobster restaurant which had nice food- but drinks in there and in the opus one bar are very expensive £10.50 a cocktail and £7 vodkas without mixers! But there are enough bars nearby so you don't have to pay these prices all night.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for this review of your recent visit and for all of your feedback, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

stayed at this hotel last night and really enjoyed our stay the staff are fantastic and i must mention jimmy on reception who was so helpful in storing our luggage after check out until we returned later to pick it up

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay, thank you for your compliments on our team.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

This hotel had to fill certain criteria; 1) had to be city centre (tick); 2) had to have parking (tick) had to have nice rooms (tick); 3) had to be within walking distance of the MEN (tick) 4) reasonably priced (tick again). The service started when we pulled up outside and the concierge helped with our bags (only overnight paraphernalia) and me to get to the room (whilst my husband did a mini tour of Manchester to get to the parking the hotel suggested) which you need your room cards to activate the lift. I was shown to our huge room (standard business double) and we were not disappointed. The only thing you need to bear in mind is that you are experiencing 'city living' so you live cheek by jowel with the neighbouring flats so close the blinds! The concert at the MEN was amazing (Michael Buble) so to celebrate we treated ourselves to a trip to the hotel bar. Normally quite aloof in the middle of most cities (possibly a sweeping comment) but not here- the staff were really helpful, polite and dare I say it chatty. The made us feel at home and the drinks were reasonably priced too. All in all, the hotel added to our mid week break to see MB. We will return again when we have more time to enjoy the facilities.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

I am delighted you enjoyed the concert and your stay with us. Thank you for your compliments on our product and service. I hope you can return soon.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

to be fair we didn't have a great start here. we arrived at the huge sprawly car park they advised on their website but we there was no signage their to help us chose an exit. as we didn't want to be lugging our cases around manchester for hours looking for the hotel we called them but the concierge made us feel as if it was our fault we didn't know where to go.

when we finally arrived and checked in, they had given us a twin when we booked a double.
however they did change it for us despite them saying they didn't have any doubles available.

our room was clean and pleasant and nice toiletries provided in the bathroom. we chose not to eat in the hotel as there was such great choice not far away.

our sleep was disturbed by someone moving furniture (that's what it sounded like) on the floor underneath us at 3 am (our room was on floor 2 and there are meeting room on the 1st floor)

in the morning we decided to use the spa facilities but there were no bathrobes or slippers in the room. so we looked for an information pack to get a number to ask for some. there wasn't any information provided in the room at all so although we were in our swimming costumes, we had no choice but to wrap one of our room towels around us and walk through the hotel like that.

when we checked out, we did mention the robes were missing as the empty hangers informed us we would be charged £95 each if they were missing.

only then were we informed that all the information we had been looking for was on the tv. as no one had told us on check in and as we had not turned the tv on we didn't know this so a lot of hassell could have been avoided

would we stay here again? not with so much choice elsewhere and probably providing better customer service (ie you are not made to feel stupid for not knowing things they should have helped with!)

Room Tip: go higher up
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank roamingjode

I am sorry to read that you were disappointed with your recent stay. As you may have seen fromother reviews, this is not our normal standard so I would like to apologise for these shortfalls. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you in detail and would be grateful if you contact me direclty at your own convenience.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

The hotel is situated in what I regard as the best part of Manchester and in easy reach of Deansgate, St Anne's Square, The Arndale, St Peters and Albert Squares. It is built on top of what was the old Free Trade Hall, where as a child I was taken to the Halle orchestra concerts.

Our welcome was efficient and the porter took us and our luggage to our room. It was a Deluxe standard and was perfectly acceptable with a king size bed, a chair and table plus an excellent wet room type shower and a separate bath. Incidentally one of the only hotels I could find in Manchester that had a separate shower without purchasing a large suite.

We ate first night in the main restaurant and this was fine without being memorable but again the service was fine. In fact throughout our stay the service by all members of staff was of a high standard and of particular note was the very helpful concierge, Paul and the young manager of the restaurant.

Breakfast was a little crowded and was expensive at £18 per head for a full English buffet or made to order dishes but it was of a high standard and turned out fully worth the price. One minor gripe that as with all modern hotels there was little space set aside for sitting and lounging ......I still hanker after those old establishments that have a lounge with comfy armchairs and a roaring wood fire in the winter ..... suppose it shows my age!!

What this hotel is, is a comfy, clean city centre hotel with excellent service and perfectly adequate bars and restaurants. I would happily use it again at round about £100 per room per night.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. We are proud of our heritage so I was interested to read that you had visited the old Free Trade Hall. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.