“Centrally located, beautifully decorated hotel.”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester
Ranked #18 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
London, United Kingdom
“Centrally located, beautifully decorated hotel.”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This is a lovely hotel, centrally located with friendly, helpful staff. The room was spacious and cleaned to a high standard. We ordered room service whilst at the hotel, the food was beautiful, generous portions and reasonably priced. The windows are all double glazed so all noise from the street is cancelled out. The choice of breakfast items was vast and all food was freshly cooked. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you for your recommendation and kind comments on our product and location, I appreciate your feedback.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (736)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
harrogate
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

When booking I'd requested a double. It was our anniversary. Yet on checking in they only had twin rooms left. Not a great start and something I've never suffered before. They told me they only guarantee requests if you book directly, yet didn't bother to tell me in advance that they couldn't accommodate the request.

Our room had a horrendous buzz from something electronic so avoid room 914 until it is fixed. Hopefully by then the TV will be fixed too so you can explore the hotel services on that - there's no literature on hotel services in the room, though the staff are helpful when you ring.

I'd expect more in room hot drink choice and not even a biscuit is poor for a hotel of this standard.

Not bad, but nowhere near expectations.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank martin c
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for your review. To clarify, room types booked via 3rd party web sites are on request only, however we do guarantee rooms booked on our own website. I was concerend with your comment about an electronic noise and having checked room 914, this now appears to have stopped. We have recently introduced hotel information pages within the television system in line with our sustainable policy and I apologise that this was not explained on arrival.
Gloucester
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Met up with my sister for a stay on Sat 10th of May
From the moment we set foot in the hotel we felt special and well looked after
We could not fault the hotel in anyway at all
The staff were all happy and professional
The City view room we had was lovely and the bathroom was amazing
I have stayed in Radisson Blu hotels in other cities but this is by far the best

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you for your compliments on our service and product, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay.
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Was expecting a bog standard hotel, but this Radisson outweighed my expectations. From the grand lobby to the quirky bathroom, this hotel didn't disappoint. All the staff were friendly and the bar is a great place to start your night.

You can't beat the location either. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for this great review and your kind comments, we hope to see you again soon.
Hazel Grove
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

As soon as I stepped into the Raddison, I rejoiced in the presentation of the lobby, and enjoyed the friendly nature of all of the staff that I encountered.
My partner had arrived at the hotel earlier on in the day and had informed me that the suite we had booked, with accompanying terrace, was worthy of its hefty price (£198). Once I'd seen, it I agreed: lovely big room; comfy bed; well equipped with complimentaries; classy walk-in shower and bath.
So why only a 3 star review, I hear you ask? It transpired that there were two problems with the room:

1. The shower plug was blocked/would not drain and, with it being a wet-room, this rendered the shower unusable. My partner attempted it, but within 30seconds there was an inch of water throughout the bathroom which would've spilt out into the bedroom had we not turned it off. This flood water remained for the duration of our stay, so it was 'socks-off' if the toilet was needed! As I mentioned earlier, I arrived later on after work and was hoping for a quick shower before our evening out :-(
2. The blinds were broken. I didn't discover this until we arrived back from our evening and tried to close them. One of them had dropped off, leaving a two foot gap, through which sunshine blazed in and awoke me from my slumber circa 5am - the prosecco I'd had the previous night certainly didn't appreciate that.

Upon discovery, I had mentioned the shower issue to a member of the housekeeping team and, to be fair, a maintenance man arrived promptly; I was unable to let him in, however, as we were in a rush to get ready. I told him he was welcome to call back while we were out. Anyway, I decided that, considering the money spent on the room, I would mention both problems upon check-out, and I was presented with the presence of Duty Manager, Fraser. I explained my grievances, and how I felt that, at the price we had paid, the room should be in 100% working order. He agreed and I accepted his apology and offer of dinner & wine upon our next visit.
I look forward to staying at the Raddison again and am confident the review of said stay will be worthy of five stars.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 51D
I was most concerned to read of your disappointment. We have become proud of our 5 star service so I am pleased that you accepted our small gesture of goodwill. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Stowmarket, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2014

In Manchester for a conference and as usual booked the Radisson. The agency used to book the rooms had made an error and my room had been cancelled but the receptionist quickly sorted it out. Excellent room. My only criticism would be the very poor mobile phone reception throughout the hotel ( why does this happen so often?) atmosphere in bar very good. Only had breakfast but that was good and an excellent choice from a la carte menu.
All staff I encountered were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
As a regular visitor we appreciate your feedback. I am unaware of poor mobile reception so will monitor this situation. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay.
Romford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Booked in after checking out at a previous hotel on the spur of the moment. Great choice would highly recommend. We were celebrating our 25th Anniversary staff were very attentive, Opus restaurant a must to eat in. Spa and fitness suite excellent can't fault.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
I am pleased you enjoyed your anniversay celebration with us, thank you for your recommendation of Opus One and Sienna Spa.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
The Midland
The Lowry Hotel
The Lowry Hotel
#3 of 20 in Salford
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,422 reviews

Been to Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester? Share your experiences!