“Fabulous hotel in great location”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester
Ranked #20 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I booked the hotel to celebrate my friends 50th birthday and from the minute we arrived the staff were friendly and attentive and nothing was too much trouble for Stefan Rae who made it so special for us. The hotel has everything you could want from the wonderful spa and pool to fabulous dining in Opus One and great cocktails in the bar! The rooms are spacious and immaculately clean and the beds so comfortable. We had breakfast in our room which arrived on time and was delicious. I can thoroughly recommend this hotel and will definitely be back soon.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

I am pleased you enjoyed your friend's birthday celebration, thank you for your kind comments and recommendation.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We had a super room, one with an outside patio, a wonderfully large bed and nice bathroom, pleasant check in with happy smiling staff.
This time I used the spa, it was stunning with a nice pool sauna steam room and hot tub, pool was a bit cold but all in all another great stay at this hotel

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review of our Al fresco suite and Sienna Spa, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

I was blown away by the service I received when I walked through the doors of the Radisson. Every single staff member was friendly, helpful and welcoming - I'd particularly like to mention Jimmy who delivered excellent standards of customer service and could not do enough to help me.

The hotel is beautiful; we were in the David Bowie suite - complete with Nespresso machine which was an unexpected but amazing surprise as I am a slight coffee addict! The suite was lovely, really spacious with a terrace area - every amenity was provided.

I also used the facilities of the Sienna Spa - beautiful long corridors with candle lit path ways. The pool was gorgeous too - I had it all to myself! I had an hour long hot stone massage which was every bit as luxurious as I'd hoped for.

We did have 2 problems with the room; shower didn't drain and blind fell off. The manager did say that the blinds do come off the runners frequently so Im not sure why they still continue with use of them. Our issues were addresses promptly and we were offered goodwill gestures of an upgrade on our next stay and a meal in the lovely looking Opus one.

We can't wait to come back for our anniversary. Thank you Radisson for the amazing experience and I'm sure the next stay will be 5 star worthy.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of your visit and for your kind comments. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and I am pleased to confirm that we are in the process of upgrading the bedroom blinds.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stayed here last weekend to celebrate my partners birthday
On arrival we were told that we had been upgraded
To our delight it was the best suite in the hotel
It was absolutely fabulous
Everything about our stay was fantastic - we spent the later part of the evening in opus one where we had a great time
Breakfast in the morning was fab
This was our third stay here at the raddisson and will definitely be returning
The whole check in and out process was smooth and all the staff that we spoke with we're extremely freindly
We have stayed at both the Lowry and the Hilton deangate but we rate this hotel the best!!!!
Highly recommended

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recommendation and review. I am delighted that we are your first choice of hotel in Manchester and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

The hotel is great and I much prefer it to another hotel I have used historically in Manchester.
The warm welcome, style and comfort, friendliness makes it a top choice and I would recommend it wholeheartedly to anyone wanting a comfy nights sleep, lovely quality of breakfast - and the team are fab - nothing is too much trouble. Stefan Rae and Bob - thank you for a great welcome and your kind hospitality,. See you again soon.

Room Tip: I am sure they are all fab - I stayed in an Alfresco Room.it was superb.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for this great review of our product and service, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

I have been to various spa's around the world and this rates in the top 5 . Could not fault staff,ambience and those extra touches that make you feel special. I will be recommending this spa to all and will be returning soon.

• Stayed: May 2014

I am delighted you enjoyed your recent experience of Sienna Spa, thank you for your recommendation

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We loved this hotel. The room was great, lovely and quiet as requested. Lovely big bed and great wet room bathroom.

Loved all the quirky bits of art dotted around, especially the llamas and the big chicken in reception. Breakfast was lovely. Good quality food and lovely service.

We ate in Steak and Lobster, a great concept. We tried both and both were very tasty. Mmm unlimited fries and salad. Nearly didn't manage pud!

1  Thank Woody01

I was pleased to read your review if our service and design and that you enjoyed your meal in Steak & Lobster. Thank you for this feedback.