“Outstanding service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester
Ranked #17 of 115 Hotels in Manchester
Cheshire, United Kingdom
“Outstanding service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

I stayed with a friend on a recent night out. I could not fault anything from start to finish. Hotel staff were attentive and first class with service. Room was beautiful (we were upgraded to the business class floor). Breakfast was great too. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for this great review and your recommendation, we appreciate your feedback.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (728)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
nottingham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Can be pricey so only go if a deal but this is my fave in Manchester and has a great location. Lovely rooms with great views over the city and very good service throughout. ideal for a short city break

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I am pleased to read that we are your choice hotel in Manchester. Thank you for your compliments on our product and service.
Cheshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Whilst having a drink in the Opus bar some weeks earlier, we ended up chatting to the Head Concierge Gary Roberts, he had called in to collect something for another guest. We were saying how difficult a certain restaurant was to book into for a Saturday night. Gary said we should let him know the next time we were in Manchester, we dropped the dates 23rd and 24th May into the conversation and left it at that. On the morning of the 23rd we had a call from concierge services letting us know that said restaurant was holding a reservation for us for Saturday night if we wanted to dine there, we were amazed and thanked the caller (Dan) he continued to ask what time we would arrive that evening and whether we would like assistance with parking and any extra luggage......Having stayed at both the Midland and Lowry maybe 20 times in the last 4 years, we had never had this level of service.
Everything ran smoothly on arriving at the hotel, concierge even came to the car for my wife with an umbrella......
We both enjoyed the hotel for our 2 nights, we didn't eat Breakfast as late eaters but have eaten in the restaurant previously....
Check out was very smooth, we spoke with Mani prior to a morning walk, checking and paying the bill, we asked for an extra hour if possible for the room which was no problem..
Head Concierge Gary Roberts met us as we left, the car had been collected from the NCP and the umbrella was on hand for my wife, Gary made time to talk to us asking about our stay and 'the restaurant' . This type of concierge service has been missing in a lot of 4 and 5 star hotels for a while, it is good to see it is in full flow at the Radisson.....
We had a follow up email to thank Gary for his help during our stay, we told him we were visiting London soon and would ditch our usual London Hotel for a Radisson experience.....
A couple of emails later and a booking has been made for us...............Thanks to Gary and all the concierge team

Room Tip: Wouldn't choose an alfresco room again, ask for a window room to see Manchester...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this excellent review of our Concierge service. I will make sure that Gary and his team read this. We are proud of our standards and I am delighted that you have chosen our hotels for your visit to London. We hope to see you again very soon.
Bolton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

I attended a wedding on a Friday in May 2014 and I just wanted to write to you to say a massive thank you for such a perfect, beautiful day.

My job for the day was basically, to make sure everything ran smoothly and the bride and groom had a stress-free day. Liaising with the registrar in the morning, making sure the ushers were doing their duties, to organise photographs, to make sure the room was set up and everything in (crosswords, pencils, thank you board etc.) and the list went on... Literally, a full A4 piece of paper.

I was incredibly nervous leading up to the day as the bride had everything planned to the tea and if something or someone was slightly out of place it would be so noticeable.

I wouldn't have been able to keep my cool as much as I did, and I don't think everything would have ran so smoothly if a number of their staff weren't there on the day or if they had dealt with things in a different manner. So, thank you for being so amazing on the day.

Starting with Gary. What can I say about Gary!? He was simply amazing, couldn't do enough for us and couldn't do it quickly enough, no task was too big for Gary and he was always on hand, like all the staff but Gary had to put up with me from mega early in the morning when we were trying to print off the vows so we had a spare set at the Town Hall and could give a set to the registrar. He went above and beyond to try and get this for us. I then popped back across to the hotel for a last minute check of the room, Gary then introduced me to Emma - what a breath of fresh air! She was fabulous, reassuring and so effortlessly excellent. I hadn't a worry in the world. I then went and downed quite a few cocktails and Jägerbombs at The Slug & Lettuce - 2 for 1 cocktails are definitely the way forward! I thought my duties were all done and dusted. However, I then returned to the Radisson to find that the band were going to be late. What a trauma this was going to be! ...Or so I thought. With the string quartet finishing at 4:45 and the band due to get here for 4 said they weren't going to be here until at least 6. I thought we were going to have to eat the meal in silence, but most importantly, one of the ushers who was singing their first dance, wasn't going to be able to sound check with them. Nerves began to sink in and my stress levels started to rise. Gary and Emma worked immensely together to do what they could to make sure we didn't stress the bride and groom and to still make sure that everything was going to be perfect, they did it so effortlessly and in such a friendly yet professional manner. They cranked up the PA system and put some background music on at which point I was introduced to Kerry where we tweaked the timings of heading up to the room, which was beautiful might I add, and when the speeches were going to start etc. again, no job too big for Kerry, simply wonderful. Luckily, whilst the speeches were going on Emma and Kerry kept conversing with myself, in order to not distract the bride from her speeches, regarding the bands arrival and set up. The band arrived, Emma and Kerry made their entrance effortless and the rest of night was simply perfect - Just like the day had been

Gary, Emma and Kerry - also two other of your male concierge, I think Jimmy and another gentleman. We obviously cannot forget Melissa, as none of this would've been possible without her, I just didn't have the honour of meeting her on the day. They are a credit to the company and themselves. They should be so proud of such an amazing wedding. I wanted to do it all again over the weekend. I just wanted to express my gratitude, and share with everyone how amazing your staff and hotel are.

I would definitely recommend for a stress-free, simply beautiful wedding or similar event.

Thank you again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this lovely review. On behalf of the whole team, it was a pleasure to look after you and the wedding party, I am delighted it was a success.
Sheffield
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

The hotel is in a good location, the NCP central car park is right next to it, along with the tram stop at St Peters Station (A 10 minute Tram ride from here to Salford Quays).

It’s about a 20 minute walk to the Arndale centre, and similarly to the Castle-field locks area. It’s also only a 5 minute walk to the Spinning-fields/Hardman Square area, where here’s a good number of bars and restaurants, generally all chain restaurants….Zizzis etc.

We had just one night here, for a cost of £162 in a deluxe double room. The rate didn’t include breakfast, and this was £18.95 each if you wanted it in the hotel.

Check-in was smooth, and the reception explained all we needed to know.

Our room was well appointed, and has a min-bar (chargeable), in room safe, a large screen smart TV, iron and ironing board, a trouser press, and a powerful hairdryer in the bathroom.
The bathroom has a bath, and a small separate shower adjacent to the bath, not a cubicle as such, just a small fold away screen. There are complimentary toiletries, and also robes and slippers.

There’s a small kettle with tea and coffee, and a complimentary bottle of still water. The minibar is well stocked (see photo).

There isn’t a hard copy hotel directory, as this is accessible on the TV.

The rooms air-con was good and not locked off with a minimum temperature as you can sometimes find in other hotels.

The bed was comfortable, though the pillows were a little hard.

The room has a blackout blind.

There was enough space for our small suitcases and sufficient wardrobe space for a weekend away.

The hotel has a Gym and a swimming pool though we didn’t use them so I can’t comment. There are ice machines on each floor, and the rooms / floors are only accessible with your room key-card.

We did return back to the hotel around 11pm on the Saturday night and went in the Opus Bar for a drink. The bar lacks any atmosphere and has a ‘cold’ feel to it. The bar wasn’t very busy, however the service was quite poor, and as we waited around 10 minutes to be served - actually at the bar, we weren’t acknowledged by any of the staff, i.e. ‘I’ll be with you in a minute’.

The hotel is a good standard as you would expect, though personally I don’t think it warrants the higher price as for me it wasn’t particularly special.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for this detailed review of your stay and for all of your comments. I was concerned that our bar service was below our usual high standard and would like to apologise for this lapse.
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

So this is one of the other hotels I stay at in Manchester and have been staying here since 1994

Its just down from the Midland Hotel and again great location for the centre

The rooms are a little smaller but very modern and lovely bathrooms

The cocktail bar is we consider the best in Manchester, the staff are knowledgeable and make excellent drinks with care and attention

Both dinner and breakfast are excellent and the staff are always helpful and friendly

At the end of the day good enough for Simon Cowell and Sven-Göran Eriksson both of who were staying at the same time of our past stays, good enough for me

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mitch2nd
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and appreciate your compliments on our product and service, we hope to see you again soon.
york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Me and my niece stayed here for one night, as we were seeing one direction at the Etihad stadium. The check in process was very quick and Mani was exceptionally helpful, the room was lovely and very clean. minibar is in the room, a large smart TV and docking station. The wifi was a bit slow at times, and when I was streaming music from my tablet the tv kept crashing.
we ate a late lunch in the bar, but was disappointed that the menu only had sandwiches and some tapas, I would have expected more choice.
The leisure facilities were brilliant we used the pool, sauna steam room and pool. the location of the hotel, close to lots of facilities. Would definitely come back

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for all of your very kind comments, I am pleased you both enjoyed your stay. I am sorry you were mis-informed, but we do indeed offer an extensive menu, please accept my apologies that this was not offered to you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
The Midland
The Lowry Hotel
#3 of 20 in Salford
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,353 reviews
DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly

Been to Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester? Share your experiences!