Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester
US$125
PremierInn.com
US$142
  • Breakfast included
Travelodge Manchester Central(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$63
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
5,958 results
All reviewsopus barsteak and lobsterthe free trade hallafternoon teawet roomstar hotelcity viewspa facilitieslovely hotelmini barbirthday treathotel barfantastic staylovely roommember of staffstayed here for one nightconcierge
FilterAll languages
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I have just returned from a birthday treat arranged by my husband. This hotel is wonderful and I cannot speak highly enough of it. The quality of the hotel, the fixtures and fittings, the history of the building and their attention to detail is all worthy to note but most noteworthy and the jewel in their crown is undoubtably the fantastic staff who all seem genuinely interested in making your stay a good one. Gary the head concierge was fantastic and couldn't do enough for us, Thomas our waiter in the Opus restaurant was brilliant and the food was mouth-wateringly delicious and some of the best food we have ever had.

I was not a VIP spending lots of money I only stayed one night but I was made to feel special and can only describe my experience as 'perfect'.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Geraldine M,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time here with us at the Free Trade Hall and have taken the time to share your experience with others. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional experiences for our guests within the luxury market. Additionally Thank You for your kind words regarding our team members especially Gary.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I travel a great deal and stayed 3 days last week on business it was first rate.
Firstly the staff - every one I came into contact with was very polite and very helpful, first rate.
The room was high quality, very good furnishings and very well equipped with quality ironing board and iron and kettle - not the usual cheap version. The towels are excellent and there was a large walk-in wet-room shower and bath. Bed very comfortable and linen again top quality.
Location is good particularly for the congress centre, but also masses of nightlife.
All in all well worthwhile and highly recommended.Colleagues stayed at the Midland - not a pleasant experience by all accounts.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your excellent review of the hotel and its facilities - I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Very clean and quiet room, shower very powerful which I love. Breakfast very well laid out and staff friendly. Beautiful hotel very relaxing atmosphere the moment you step inside. Opus a lovely spot for a drink and there is also a brighter bar at the back to read or watch TV . Can't find any fault with this hotel. Very fine hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sue C
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Sue C,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your time with us. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

This is the second time I have stayed here and I will never make the same mistake again. The first time, maintenance were drilling close by at 9pm. Plus, despite having the do not disturb sign lit, housekeeping still banged on the door for the turn down service.

I am currently staying here and paid for an upgrade to a 'corporate room'. Was woken at 4 am by strange clicking noises around the window area and despite ear plugs and two pillows over my head, was not able to get back to sleep due to the noise. Asked to move rooms today which the hotel agreed to. Arrived back from a long day at work and went to my new room.

The strange noises have started again just as I am about to go to bed. I now hint that this is a structural issue with the building, with the windows etc., reacting to the outside heat hence he noise. Now anticipating another bad nights sleep and can't wait to be out of here tomorrow.

Do not waste your money. Stay somewhere else.

Worst hotel I've stayed in ever.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
7  Thank Jayne C

Dear Jayne C,

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review - I am sorry to hear that you had to move rooms due to external noise. I am sure you understand that the hotel has no control over external issues but we do work closely with our neighbours no minimise such issues. I am happy to hear that your upgrade fee was waived as a gesture of goodwill and that you were happy in your new room. I hope that you will think of us when next visiting the city.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

After stopping at the Radisson for 2 nights we found the food in the Opusone restaurant to be the best we've eaten in a very long time and the service second to none
The head concierge Gary and his team couldn't do enough to help we are already planning our next visit.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Marcus C,

Thank you for your kind words regarding our OpusOne restaurant and indeed our Head Concierge, Gary Roberts. I am delighted you enjoyed your time with us and hope to welcome you back in the near future