“Highly recommend”

Ranked #19 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Highly recommend”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel twice over past couple of months, once on a 9 girls school meet up and secondly a birthday treat with husband. Both times I was extremely impressed with the greeting/check in, spotless well equipped rooms, lovely bathroom essentials and comfortable beds. The decor and furnishings are high quality and I think good value for a city centre hotel. All staff very helpful. Afternoon tea was excellent - best I have had, Location for city centre is great, 2 mins walk from St Peters Square metro station, few minutes walk to all the shops and restaurants. Alberts Shed and Alchemist very good. Will definitely return. Personally, I couldn't fault it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stays with us. Thank you for your recommendation and all of your compliments on our product and location.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (744)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
Bebington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2014

What a wonderful stay we had at the Radisson Blu in Manchester City for my Birthday and our 4th Wedding Anniversary. From start to finish we totally enjoyed every minute of our stay. The bedroom was perfect, clean and very homely. We were overlooking the city on the 12th floor and what a wonderful view it was. The hotel even brought myself a plate with happy birthday in chocolate and little dessert treats on it. What a wonderful treat. We also had afternoon tea in the Opus which was delicious. On the evening we went into the bar for a pre-dinner drink and the bar staff asked what brought us to Manchester, so we told them about my birthday and our anniversary, and within 10 minutes they brought us over treats and 2 glasses of champagne. Wow we really didn't expect that, we even left a generous tip and the gentlemen wouldn't except it but we were really happy with his service and wanted to show our gratitude. Throughout our stay we were made to feel very welcome. All the staff were very friendly and were willing to help in any way they could. We also had a massage in the spa which was so relaxing, probably one of the best treatments weve had. The pool etc was really nice and very clean. Even the lady on the spa desk was really helpful. Also you are right in the city centre which is great especially if you don't want to walk far. Breakfast was also top class, plenty to chose from and delicious. We cant thank you all enough for making our stay an enjoyable one. We will be back very soon with my parents as we couldn't recommend you enough. Thanks again x

Room Tip: Book deluxe city view room definately worth the upgrade
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
I am so pleased you enjoyed your double celebration and delighted that we were able to make it special with a little bit of luxury for you. We hope you can return soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Hotel in the centre of the city. Great room. incredibly helpful staff who went beyond what was required of them. Stayed 1 night and had a great time. Used the gym and pool and had a full breakfast. Not cheep but in this case you pay for what you get.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your kind comments on the service we provided during your recent visit.
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

My partners birthday arrived once again and how do you improve on lasts years perfect treat if staying at the best hotel in Manchester ?

Well simple I took her back and arranged a few more special treats via the hotel and yet again had an amazing weekend with friends !

From check in straight to cocktails & then bar food snacks excellent ! Stefan customer service manager has arranged some extra special treats in the room and even a surprise to me ! The room & City view fantastic and the reservation at San Carlo icing on the cake to a perfect birthday night out !

I will keep short as this hotel has little or no surprises left for me I think , but every time I stay here the first class service I have started to take for granted !

So all at the Radisson many thanks for all you do and please try if you haven't come across the worse kept secret that this hotel is head & shoulders above all others in Manchester !

Enjoy as I will be doing again shortly !

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Steve,

Thank you for the excellent review once again - I am delighted that we exceed your expectations each time you visit us and that you enjoyed your time with us once again with your loved ones.

Kind Regards
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Cant say this is a 5 star hotel. Service was pretty poor. I stayed 2 nights , the night before my wedding and my wedding night. The Room was very hot wiyh no access to an open window. We couldn't see out of the windows due to frosting o 90% of the glass. There were No plug sockets near a mirror so we had to order an extension cable to do mine and my bridesmaids hair. The hair conditioner was actually shampoo, put in the wrong bottle. The water for the bath was too hot and there was no cold water to cool it down. When I left the hotel to attend my wedding with my bridesmaids etc in my wedding gown, there was no concierge to open the door for us, no one attempted to assist or congratulated us. The room was not re stocked with tea, coffee or cups, or even flannels that had been used he day before, I had to ring for them to be replenished. The person who delivered them rang the door bell 3 times in about 15 seconds and then let himself in as I was dressing to open the door. On leaving the hotel with my new husband we had to wait over 40 minutes for someone to assist with our bags , in the end my husband took most of our luggage down himself. We were not asked on checking out how our stay was. Would not stay here again. Very poor considering the amount of money and that we had some of the wedding party staying here too.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BigFatF00dy
Dear Reviewer,

Please accept my apologies for the shortfalls in service you received - our aim is, even when at full capacity for all of our guests to receive our full attention. Please contact our Customer Service Manager, Stefan Rae directly to ensure your case receives a thorough investigation. His e mail address is raes@radisson.com.

Kind Regards
Island of Anglesey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed as a party of 10 on Saturday night. Due to a full itinerary we did not get an opportunity to use spa facilities. Took the room only package as breakfast was around £18 a head extra. Had drinks in the bar before going out and after returning to the hotel at the end of the evening. Concierge were helpful. Parked at the NCP close to the hotel £18 fro 24 hours. Lovely hotel. shame we din not have more time to use the facilities.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you for this review of your stay with us. For added-value, inclusive breakfast rates are available to book on our web site. Perhaps you will have the opportunity to visit again soon and sample the luxury of our Sienna Spa.
Nottingham, England
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stayed in this hotel four times in the last 6 months.

Check-in - Efficient and friendly

Rooms - Really comfy bed, the bathrooms are great although the shower tray can occasionally flood. Overall this is my favourite room of any hotel I've stayed in during the last year. I got free wifi in my room.

Gym and pool - Never too busy, one time kids were playing and were asked to keep the noise down by staff. Good facilities.

Room service - Varied depending on the meal, normally really good though. I also ate at the Steak and Lobster restaurant which I really enjoyed.

Check out - One of the times I checked out, there were calls to Dubai totallingg £400 on my bill made whilst I was not in the room. I do not know anyone in Dubai nor had I picked up the phone. When I challenged these charges the person on the desk was quite rude to me and accused me of lying. Eventually when I questioned the security of the hotel the charged were removed. This left an unpleasant memory which was a shame after such a great stay.

All other members of staff were super friendly and couldn't do enough for me.

Overall I like this hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sam S
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for all of your comments. With regard to the phone bill, I can only apologise that we had experienced a breakdown ot the interface which resulted in charges from the previous occupant being wrongly added to your account. I was however most concerned to read how this was handled, please be assured that I have addressed this issue.