Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester
US$125
Doubletree
Great 4.5/5
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$100
Great 4.5/5
US$95
  • Free Internet
5,962 results
All reviewsopus barsteak and lobsterthe free trade hallafternoon teawet roomstar hotelcity viewspa facilitieslovely hotelmini barbirthday treathotel barfantastic staylovely roommember of staffstayed here for one nightconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My daughter and I had the most amazing experience at The Sienna Spa. Everything was perfect from the beautiful spa facilities and the wonderful atmosphere, the staff are so attentive staff and nothing is too much trouble. We had a fantastic facial and full body massage and then a lovely champagne in the restaurant.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent trip to the Free Trade Hall and our in house Sienna Spa. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Reviewed 28 June 2014

This hotel is right next to Albert square and some great bars and restaurants all within walking distance and lots of shops too.

The rooms are newly furnished with all expected modern stuff to a high standard, tv especially is massive and for a standard room it's a very good size.

Staff were friendly and it was quick check in.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hill S

Dear Hill S,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel - I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and found our location within the City Centre to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back for another luxurious stay next time

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Just returned home from our one night stay at this hotel for my friends birthday. I thought the hotel did have a touch of class, staff were friendly, rooms were clean and modern. But...when I booked the hotel I mentioned that we would be stopping for my friends birthday, and any special treats would make our stay more memorable. I also emailed the hotel to explain why we were staying and asked if there was anything they could do to make my friends birthday one to remember. This was totally ignored. I received no reply and nothing was mentioned during our stay. I did feel a bit letdown because I have since noticed on other reviews that the hotel have done some lovely things for others when staying for their birthdays. But for some reason my request was ignored and I do feel slightly letdown because of this. Overall a very nice comfortable hotel in a decent location.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Peardrop1

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your review of your time at the Free Trade Hall, I am sorry to hear that there was an error in receiving the e mails you sent to the hotel - If you would kindly contact our Customer Service Manager, Stefan Rae on raes@radisson.com he will certainly look into why this error occurred. I am glad however that you enjoyed your time with us.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

The site of this hotel is truly historic, just look it up. AKA free trade hall, site of the Peterloo Massacre, speeches by Dickens and Churchill, a central venue in the maelstrom of debate around votes for women and then of course the legendary Sex Pistols gig. Curiosity drew me to the hotel and the room only prices rattled my social conscience. Rooms are bright, airy, modern and quite compact. Well resourced with the modern travellers needs, wifi etc. but it is pricey and parking at a nearby NCP has to be considered as well. In addition to this the Spa area is a separate business with extra costs to use. Pool is subterranean and quite beautiful, dark blue and very peaceful.

You can't really see the history in the rooms, however the bar area and frontage retain some of the features from the 19th century refurb and are reasonably merged with the modern additions. The Views are great for the romantics - looking out at all of the history, thinking about what has gone before at this site and so much of the skyline is the same. Is this really what the suffragettes imagined women would spend their hard earned money on? Great for a treat but the prices could start a revolution.

Room Tip: Try to get a bargain, it's quite pricey.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank bluepatch
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

I was pleased to read that your appreciate the history surrounding the Free Trade Hall, we are indeed proud of our heritage. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel twice over past couple of months, once on a 9 girls school meet up and secondly a birthday treat with husband. Both times I was extremely impressed with the greeting/check in, spotless well equipped rooms, lovely bathroom essentials and comfortable beds. The decor and furnishings are high quality and I think good value for a city centre hotel. All staff very helpful. Afternoon tea was excellent - best I have had, Location for city centre is great, 2 mins walk from St Peters Square metro station, few minutes walk to all the shops and restaurants. Alberts Shed and Alchemist very good. Will definitely return. Personally, I couldn't fault it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stays with us. Thank you for your recommendation and all of your compliments on our product and location.