“Superb stay, with great rooms and excellent sis facilities ”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester
Ranked #19 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Alcester, United Kingdom
“Superb stay, with great rooms and excellent sis facilities ”
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Staff, decor and the aroma of this hotel is truly wonderful. An absolute gem in the hub of Manchester, maintaining the peace and serenity that the rooms exude. Fantastic touches such as the great toiletries in the room and the option of two fantastic restaurants.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank ap_0011
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you for this lovely review of our hotel. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (744)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
Dublin
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stayed here Fri 25th July and had purchased my reservation online with Booking.com.
My deal was for a room only, free movie and 15 pounds drinks voucher in the bar.
Upon arriving at the hotel, the concierge greeted me, took my bag, and offered mineral water - a nice touch I thought and showed me to reception. It was very busy with 3-4 guests in front of me, with only 2 staff on - could have opened more desks I thought to cope with demand and not keep guests waiting. My room wasn't ready (I did arrive around 12noon, and this was ok with me) - had a drink in the bar and the barman wasn't aware of the free drinks voucher offer - he went off to check with reception staff. After only waiting an hour, the barman advised me the room was ready, and showed me to the reception desk - nice touch. I asked for a higher floor and was given 12th floor (which was a great view over the city) - delighted they could honour my request. A really nice, comfortable, modern, clean room - was impressed with it.
Fab air con unit as I like a cool room, especially at night. Bed was very comfy and well dressed.
I had a spa treatment booked in the afternoon and this was lovely - friendly staff and good treatment (body massage). At £65 for 1 hour body massage, it was pricey I thought, but worth it, after all it is a 5-star hotel! I had a glass of prosecco, and at nearly £9 a glass was expensive-but free nuts were given too. Room service was lovely, quick and well presented. I decided not to have a full English breakfast, as at nearly £20 it wasn't worth it for what I would be eating, so opted for just coffee, croissant and fruit - as room service on my day of departure, which was lovely. Upon check-out I felt the standard could be improved as all that was said to me was "everything is settled" (as I paid cash for extras) - not "was everything ok" or "thank you and good-bye - have a good day"....bit cold I thought.

Room Tip: Higher floors are best for views
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and for all of your constructive feedback. For added value, inclusive breakfast rates are availalbe on our website.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Me and my partner stayed at the radison whilst visiting Manchester for an evening at the theatre to watch war horse. The staff at the hotel are extremely helpful and welcoming. The concierge is a man in the know any questions you may have, he will have the answer for you. The opus one bar is also a must if you stay here.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for your very kind compliments.
cheshire
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Whilst the rooms were very nice, the service around the hotel was nothing special and the food in the Opus restaurant was very poor for the price, especially the vegetarian options. On a positive note the concierge staff were very helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to speak to our Restaurant Manager following these comments also mentioned during your stay with us, we appreciate your feedback.
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My friend and I chose this hotel for a one night stay whilst visiting Manchester. From the moment we arrived we knew what a good choice we had made. We were greeted by the concierge who was warm and welcoming. We arrived at 11.00 expecting to have our bags stored until check in but to our surprise and delight we were informed by the receptionist that our room was ready. Our room was spacious and beautifully furnished with everything we could possibly need provided. During the afternoon we enjoyed spending time in the spa area. We had dinner in the steak and lobster restaurant and chose the lobster which was delicious. Breakfast the following morning was delicious with a wide selection of food to choose from.

All the staff we came into contact with were courteous, helpful and professional. Attention to detail in all areas was apparent. The hotel was immaculate and the food was of a very high standard. All in all the experience was faultless and made our visit to Manchester special, I hope to return many times.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
I am pleased we were able to make your visit to Manchester so special. Thank you for your very kind comments.
North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed this weekend and were pleased overall. However there are some simple improvements which could be made to make this an excellent hotel.

Check in was busy and there weren't staff at all the available desks - strange on a Saturday afternoon when I imagine there is big demand.

We waited about 5 minutes for a staff member to become free. Once he checked in the previous guest he inexplicably disappeared without acknowledging I was waiting.

The car park situation is crazy. There are currently roadworks meaning that the road from which you enter the car park is closed. The diversion signs take you on a magical mystery tour and don't end up in the car park. We had to stop outside the hotel (on double yellow lines) and ask the concierge for directions. When I suggested that the hotel should have contacted guests in advance with new directions, I was told that they are offering guests a printed map when they check in. Surely, this is a little too late and an email where possible would have been more advisable? The check in clerk didn't "get" what I was saying.

Blips over, we checked into our room which was very pleasant. Trendy, clean and comfortable. The bathroom is a wet room but there aren't enough towel rails and there was no hook in our bathroom to hang dressing gowns or towels - there were however 2 holes in the wall where a hook obviously once lived. Hmmm. Not quite 5 stars.

We didn't eat in the hotel but did order some cocktails in Opus One. These were very tasty but very expensive. The staff in the bar were very helpful, but when I called the restaurant to enquiry about booking afternoon tea I got a garbled response and wasn't impressed with the person's knowledge. I ended up not making a booking.

On the whole, this hotel is in an excellent location and has decent rooms. However there were just too many "niggles" for it to justify the 5* status it apparently has.

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for your constructive comments. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations as we are proud of our 5 star status. Due to our city centre location we don't have our own car park and recommend the NCP as the nearest one.
Cheshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2014

A friend and I just returned from a one night stay. We got a good deal and soon realised we had made a good choice - the whole experience was amazing. The hotel was in a convenient location and the ambiance was modern, relaxed and friendly. We felt very pampered and special - from start to finish all the staff we encountered could not have been more helpful and obliging, making sure that we enjoyed every aspect of our stay. We were able to check In earlier than expected as our room was ready, enjoyed a relaxing hour in the spa after our shopping and had a wonderful lobster meal and cocktail in the restaurant. The room was comfortable and spacious with great views, with all amenities we could have wanted. Breakfast was high quality and delicious, again with charming and obliging staff. We can't wait for a return visit!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
I am delighted that you both enjoyed your luxury break with us, we look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.