“Luxury at an affordable price”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester
Ranked #20 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, while visiting family and experiencing Manchester City Centre life. The room on the 3rd floor was comfortable and well appointed, as was the bath/wet-room. We did not eat in the hotel but there were plenty of restaurants and cafes near by, as well as excellent public transport. The Coronation Street Tour is just down the road which suited me and my husband was captivated by Sky Sport in the hotel room! We are already looking for reasons to return!

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel, I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us.

Kind Regards

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I thought I would spend two nights in Manchester, the second largest city in the UK, and found this hotel which is conveniently located in the center of town. It's a beautifully decorated hotel, both inside and outside. The check-in process took at while, and I had no idea why. The person was professional and courteous, but not super warm. He didn't really say much, and pretty much handed me the key card and pointed me to the elevator. I had to ask about breakfast, internet, and the surroundings. (I noticed the other people at the front desk were more helpful and chatty.) The lobby was very cool with some funky statues and art.

The room was nicely appointed with modern amenities. Bed was very comfortable, and the tv had over a 100 channels. I had a city view and it was gorgeous even on a cloudy day. The toilet flush was inconveniently located behind the toilet cover, and this was really oddly designed. everytime I flushed the toilet, I had to move the cover.

The breakfast was a fiasco. Coffee was really bad, and thank god there was a starbucks not too far away. The food choice was limited, and the scene was chaotic. And they tried to take things away even before I was finished.

So overall, there's room for improvement.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you for this review of your recent stay. I was most concerned to read your comment on our check in procedure, please be assured that this is not our normal standard.
I am sorry that you were disappointed with our award winning breakfast which offers both a buffet style and full a la carte option.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed for two nights 26th & 27th July, we had a lovely room on the 12th floor with exceptional views towards Saint Peters Square. We enjoyed a drink in the main bar which was tastefully decorated; maintaining some of the original features from when it was The Free trade Hall.
All the staff were polite and helpful and our room was clean and very comfortable.
The car park was a short walk away with plenty of spaces.
We would definitely return to this well run hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay, thank you for your compliments on our product and service. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We regularly visit Manchester and have over the years stayed in many of the City Centre top hotels.
However this was our first visit to the Radisson.
We were booked in one of the Suite rooms, primarily because it was offered at a good price. What a wise choice we made.
Our check in was competent and very friendly. We went to our super room. It was plenty large enough, had an enormous bed and was very clean. Because of the room design obviously behind the old building facade, we had no view, but instead enjoyed our terrace. (But weren't over keen on being overlooked by the room above). The room was silent. We heard nothing from outside and had a great nights sleep.
The bathroom was perfectly adequate, we had no complaints.
I used the pool and sauna which was great, whilst my wife enjoyed the spa facilities.
Both were very good.
We didn't eat or drink in the hotel, we'd rather eat in one of the plethora of restaurants in town.
However we did have breakfast which was excellent.
All in all, after many years of enjoying some of the 'opposition' in town, we have found our perfect city hotel. In future all our visits to Manchester will include a stay at the Radisson.

1  Thank PaulWhitehead409

I am delighted that we are now your first choice hotel. Thank you for this review and your recommendation which will assist other travellers to make an informed choice of accommodation when visiting Manchester.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed here for two days on business on a special rate of £280 withouth breakfast. The room The hotel and room was well decorated and fresh and the staff courteous and helpful. There was a good selection of TV programmes and free Wifi. I used the spa centre in the basement and enjoyed the pool, Jacuzzi, steam rooms and sauna. I booked for a massage the following day and was very disappointed by the experience. The masseuse was 5 mins late and left me for a further 5 minutes to get changed, even though all I needed to do was take off my bathrobe: I had changed in my room. So by the time the massage started we were nearly a quarter of the way through the time. Also the massage was not good. I am trained as a masseur and can tell you that if I received this massage as part of a level 3 exam' the masseuse would not pass. I did complain about it but was disappointed not to receive an offer for compensation for a not at all enjoyable experience. So OK so stay there but get you massage elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for providing feedback and for speaking to our Spa Manager following your visit to discuss these issues.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Myself and my girlfriend stayed for one night for her birthday. We checked in were there was a plate which wrote out happy birthday in chocolate. We then went to the bar and got a cocktail each. When we told the barman we were celebrating her birthday he gave us the drinks for free. The room was amazing and I would recommend the swimming pool. We stay in manchester a lot and always try different hotels but this was the best hotel we have stayed at in manchester. Was perfect. Thankyou very much.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

I am pleased you enjoyed your luxury break and that we were able to make the birthdday celebration so special. Thank you for this review.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

My daughter's graduation ceremony in Manchester, so we booked two rooms - an "alfresco suite" for my wife and myself, and a standard room for my daughter. The so called "al fresco suite" consisted of a narrow and rather weird INDOORS balcony facing a blank wall, and a small alcove with a sofa. Otherwise it was identical to my daughter's standard room. Both were expensive for what they were. I don't mind paying for quality, but was our room worth £100 more than the standard room? Absolutely NOT!
And look out for dubious billing practice. We had paid in advance - one of the benefits being inclusive breakfasts (which otherwise would have cost £18.99 each). When I asked to confirm this at check in, the clerk tried to tell me that breakfasts were not included. Fortunately, I had brought the printed confirmation. Then I had the same argument again at check out!
In the bar, we ordered celebratory cocktails. When the bill came, the cost was higher than stated on the menu. I queried this, and was told that prices had gone up, but they hadn't got round to reflecting this on the menu yet. This is the only place in the world that I have ever encountered this!
All in all, although the hotel is nice enough, we left feeling rather cross and irritated that we had been "squeezed for cash" at every opportunity, and disappointed with our room. Consequently, we will not return.

Room Tip: The stangely named "al fresco" suites are NOT worth the premium over a standard room, have...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

I am sorry that you were disappointed with our Al fresco suite, paricularly as they are generally most popular. I would like to clarify that they are larger than our standard rooms, in a different layout and design and with a larger bed. I would also like to apologise for any confusion arising over the room rate and cocktail menu, thank you for bringing this to my attention.