“Love this hotel :)”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester
Ranked #20 of 119 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I have stayed here a few times before and loved it and this visit didn't dissapoint!!

The staff were friendly and professional and the public areas of the hotel were immaculate.

Our room had a fantastic view of Manchester with the town hall clock in view. The room was lovely... very clean, well prepared and a cosy environment. The electric blackout blind was a great idea but it needs two panels of material at either side to block out the light because alot of light got in at the sides which is a shame cos it was great otherwise. Love the bathroom, lovely decor and nice toiletries available for use. Comfy bed, pillows not perfect would prefer a pillow menu as some hotels offer. Air conditioning worked well. Tea & coffee making facilities nice however would like a hot chocolate and biscuits as most hotels provide. We had a mishap with the ironing board which collapsed as the foot had rusted off but they replaced it straightway. As usual the minibar was extortionate so didn't buy anything (this doesn't make sense to me how expensive it is because i would use it alot if it wasn't a rip off but heyho, all hotels do it, i just think they are missing a trick)

The Opus bar was awesome!! It has always being my favourite bar in Manchester and it was fantastic once again. The staff are friendly and enthusiastic, happy to suggest drinks and put effort into the making of cocktails (i noticed they were checking the taste which was excellent, and it pays off because ye get a great cocktail every time). The young lad that served us both nights was really excellent!! I think the prices are quite reasonable in the bar considering it is a 5 star hotel despite one guest freaking out over the price of baileys... I have been in lesser hotels with higher prices... happy to pay their prices (plus it keeps the rowdy binge drinkers out)

All in all another excellent stay, Thankyou to all the staff :) I look forward to returning soon.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Carrie M
Thank you for your compliments on our product and service and for your constructive feedback. We look forward to welcomng you back very soon.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Having celabrated our daughter & son in laws wedding at this hotel, 02/08/2014 we felt we had to review this hotel, so we could share our experience.
The hotel is beautiful, ideally situated for shopping and surrounding restaurants. The rooms were immaculate and serviced by extremely helpful staff. The hotel itself as a wedding venue, deserves it's 5 star rating, from the venue to the food and again the staff who helped with the wedding a big THANK YOU. The reception staff on arrival (David), could not have helped us enough with not only our booking but other members of our family with their check in, this was all done extremely efficiently. Each member of the two families and guests have all said how much they enjoyed the wedding and complimented the helpful staff. We will certainly be returning to this hotel and can highly recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Al fresco rooms extremely comfortable/spacious with lovely bathrooms.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Paula C

Dear Paula C
It was our pleasure to host the wedding, I am delighted that you all enjoyed the special day. Thank you for your kind compliments and recommendation.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I booked two rooms with a view of the city (that's extra cost) and mentioned in the booking I need the rooms beside each other then when I came I was given two rooms but needed to wait for 45min. to get the rooms when I took the rooms and found out that the rooms don't have a city view, without any explanation!?! I wasn't informed nor was told by the front desk!!! so I talked to the reception and they told me that the only available rooms beside each other (no rooms looking at the city were available that are beside each other) I talked to the manager with no use at all, No apology, no compensation, no refund? I asked can we get other rooms at least for the next days ? and still the answer was NO so I don't think this is how a 5 star hotel should run (and I've been in many, and many other Radisson hotels as well) I'm so disappointed (and it was may 10 year marriage anniversary) the location is good the rooms are well designed and clean Free Wi-Fi but the staff are the downside

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Dear EngAziz A
Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused by the error with your room reservations. Thank you for speaking to our Front of House Manager following your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Radisson Blu Edwardian promised much, many nice touches and good room and general facilities, but parking was an expensive pain. Breakfast good quality, but I like my toast hot and a choice of preserve beyond honey, marmalade and strawberry jam! Other limited choices. Communication needs some work, but that is a two way street. I feel sure the pushy and loud would get a lot more out of the experience.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Andrew B
Thank you for your feedback. Due to our city centre location we don't have our own car park and recommend the neighbouring NCP as the nearest. I am sorry you were disappointed with our breakfast offering and can confirm that we we have recenlty been re-accredited with our 5 star status.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Arriving for a 5 night stay after an International flight, we unloaded are own bags and lugged them to the reception desk whilst door staff chatted and looked on. We were then sold a "VIP" room upgrade which came with Flowers and chocolates - which never came. Pretty sure that they get all their staff from the Travelodge. Rooms are Ok but very expensive. Would not stay there again if in Manchester.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aussieabr0ad007
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing Radisson Blu Edwardian following your recent trip to the city. I am sorry to hear that our reception team were not as attentive as normal this is uncharateristic of them and I will look into this immediatley. As we do not offer a package of chocolates and flowers on arrival (due to all of our floral bouquets being tailor made pre arrival reflecting guest preference ) I wonder if you would please contact our Customer Service Manager, Stefan Rae on raes@radisson.com to discuss your arrival process with him. I hope that if you are ever in the city again you would reconsider staying with us.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Great Hotel,lovley view from the 12th floor (city view) staff cant do enough for you,great ice machine on floor too so kept topping that up,quiet which we wanted,would definatley stay again and make the most of the spa as we didn't have time.

Room Tip: 12th floor,city view was lovley !!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katiemilner

Dear Katiemilner
I am delighted you enjoyed your time with us and hope you will be able to sample the luxury of our Sienna Spa during your next visit.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have stayed in Manchester 100's of times before and usually stay at Roomzzz, which I cannot fault. My partner and I decided to try another hotel in a different area and we are so glad we decided to stay here.

We arrived late afternoon to be checked in by Mani, who was extremely helpful. We were given room 921. We arrived in the room to find it spotless.

We decided to use the gym and spa facilities which were great. Although when we called the front desk, as there was no slippers in the wardrobe to use at the spa, they never actually came. We decided to just go down to the spa in our own footwear. There was no lockers available, so I just had to risk leaving my belongings on the side.

When we went back to the room we noticed we were next door to a generator or something. It was very noisy so we decided to ring the front desk. They were very helpful and moved us immediately to 501, which again was spotless.

We paid £84 for bed and breakfast and we thought it was a fantastic price! The breakfast was great, a selection of hot and cold food. We were disappointed there was no Pain Au Chocolate or croissants.

The decor of the hotel was lovely and very clean. There is a car park 5 minutes away which is £18.50 for 24 hours. We will definitely be staying here again.

Dear Tate1921
I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon. I am sorry you were disappointed with our breakfast which does offer a selcetion of pastries along with a full buiffet and a la carte menu.