“Excellent service !”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester
Ranked #20 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 26 February 2009

We stayed here on a Saturday night after attending a Manchester United match. There were three adults and three boys and we were looked after incredibly well. The hotel was very busy butthere were plenty of very attentive staff and we did not have to wait for anything. The boys were treated like little gentlmen and loved every second of it.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (5,770)

Reviewed 16 February 2009

I would suggest that this hotel ie better than the Hilton, the staff without doubt make the experience, always polite and helpful. The only downside to the hotel is the bathroom layout, the toilet is behind a glass door, not very private if you have a dodgy stomach. But that is just a small criticism of what can be said of hotle which a lot better than any I have stayed within the UK.

• Check-in / front desk
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2009

Dear Reviewer.

Thank you for your comments and constructive feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We look forward to taking care of you when you next have the occasion to stay with us.

Reviewed 16 February 2009

I was recommended to the Radisson by a friend who had stayed their previously on business. I stayed for a week and have to say that overall I was quite disappointed knowing that the hotel was 5 star. On arrival the staff were quite short and did not even provide an introduction or orientation to the restaurants or pool etc. The room itself was average size and although it had all you would expect was not in a great state of repair – plug sockets hanging off the wall, toilet seating missing rubber stoppers. I ate in the smaller restaurant ‘Alto’ twice and on both occasions was left wishing I hadn’t. On reflection it is no surprise that I was the only one in there both times. Not a bad place to stay by any means, but equally not a good one. I would recommend the Malmaison near Manchester’s Piccadilly station.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Exige28
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2009

Dear Reviewer.

Thank you for completing the review of recent stay. We are most concerned to read your comments regarding the two issues in your room, which were not up to our normal high standards. I would be most grateful if you could contact me directly ,as I would be very interested to learn of your comments also regarding your menu selection in Alto.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 11 February 2009

I have stayed here a few time's and think its Manchester's best hotel, The location is great, really central. The staff are always helpful. The spa here does great massages and treatments.
The junior suites with there own outside areas are really nice and spacious.
Opus one bar and restaurant always has a good atmosphere. Its great for a drink before or at the end of your evening.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
StephenMiles, General Manager. at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2009

Dear Reviewer.

Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future,

Reviewed 11 February 2009

We stayed for one night only (Saturday) to make our trip to the Theatre that bit more special.
As a Club Hotel member I thought I would give the Edwardian Raddison a try and Was not dissapointed.
The staff were very efficient, helpful and knowledgable. The service was excellent (reminded me of my stay at the Westin New York) and the quality and cleanliness of the room was second to none. We were short of time so could'nt dine in the Restaurant but we had Room Service which was superb.

We are definitely going to stay again

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer.

Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future,

Reviewed 9 February 2009

Myself and my fiance stayed one night at the Radisson Edwardian for my birthday celebration. Its location is superb, the building itself is magnificent (the old Free Trade Hall building) and the service is excellent. We had a courtesy call half an hour afer arriving in the room and a maid knocked on the door to see if we needed her to turn down the bed not long after we had arrived. The bathroom was beautiful (wet room style shower) and was by far the most impressive part of the room. The rest of the room was clean and luxurious (suedette roller curtains etc) but the decor was a little tired and I suppose I was expecting something amazing for a 5* hotel. It didn't quite meet my high expecations. We didn't dine at the hotel so can't comment on the food. I would reccommend this hotel but I wouldn't be happy paying more than our sunday rate that we got off the internet (120.GBP). Be careful as car parking costs a ridiculous 15.00GBP!

Reviewed 9 February 2009

Had a great romantic weekend away here. The staff were very welcoming upon arrival, the rooms were lovely sheer luxury. Spa facilities were very good, jacuzzi,steam room, sauna and pool, robes were provided in deluxe rooms. One area we felt was a let down was the Opus restaurant, the service was slow and the food was nothing special for the price. The couple on the next table also agreed with us, food was bland not great. Not once did any of the staff ask if the food was OK. We would go back to the hotel but not the Opus restaurant, there are many great restaurants nearby to use instead. Cinema and parking 4 minutes walk away. Breakfast was lovely, serving staff very friendly and helpful.

• Check-in / front desk
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2009

Dear Reviewer.

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay with us. We are very grateful to receive your very kind comments.
We were however very disappointed to read that you did not enjoy the food in Opus restaurant. I would be delighted if you could contact me directly so I could obtain some specifics regarding your selection of food.

I look forward to hearing from you.