“Great”

Ranked #18 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Oslo, Norway
“Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2009

Perfect hotel. Only small complint is that the bed could be a little better quality and the tv could be alittle larger. Otherwise in my top 10

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (731)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
North Wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2009

I booked this Hotel as a treat for me and my 9 year old daughter as we were seeing a concert at the MEN. I booked it specifically as it had a pool and my daughter loves swimming.

When I booked only a couple of days before our stay, I double checked that my daughter would be ok to use the spa and swim in the pool and was told yes

On arrival the staff were fantastic, very polite and helpful. I again double checked on arrival that my daughter could use the pool and was told yes, the chap was ever so polite and even went out of his way to speak to my daughter about swimming.

We arrived to our room which was lovely and just what we had expcted, by this time my 9 year old was excited about the whole thing, so we got ready to go down to the pool, arrived at the spa all ready for a swim to be told the pool was out of order!! Well you can imagine how dissapointed she was, I again explained that I had booked the hotel due to the pool, I know these things happen, and was told that it should be fixed by the next morning.
The next morning I rang down to customer services to ask if the pool was open and was told yes it had been since 8 am, again we got ready to go down for a swim, arrived at the spa but the pool was still out of order, it was just a bit frustrating that there had been no communication with regards to this and the fact my daughter was so dissapointed. On checking out I infomed staff about the swimming again and was told that swimming for some other guests had been arranged at the Hilton, so was dissapointed this had not been offered to us.

However despite this we enjoyed our stay very much, the staff were all fantastic and very helpful, our room was lovely and I would reccomend this Hotel to friends and probably stay again, but would check the pool was in order first!!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, 19 March 2009
Dear Reviewer.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our hotel during your recent stay with us. I am sorry there was some confusion regarding the swimming pool being open. The pool was closed for due to unforeseen circumstances. The signage displayed in all public areas was clearly not enough . I can assure you this situation was unique and has never happened to us before in our 4 years of trading.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Please feel free to contact me directly so that I may make the arrangements for your stay to your complete satisfaction.
Channel Islands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2009

As soon as we arrived at the hotel we felt at home. All the staff we encountered werew warm, friendly, knowledgeable and happy to help in any way they could. The rooms were clean, light and spacious, with wet and dry rooms. The hotel is about a 2 minute walk from a tram stop, about the same to the Bridgewater Hall, and a 5-10 minute walk to the Arndale shopping centre. Many bars and clubs are also close to hand. There are 2 restaurants, catering for any taste. We tried both, the Opus is for fine dining - the menu is good value for money, the staff are well versed in the menu and are happy to offer advice and recommendations. The Alto is more casual, serving burgers, pizzas and such things. We enjoyed a beer, burger and watched a football game on the plasma TV's. We also tried the Sienna Spa, linked to the hotel - they were popular so I would book as early on as you can! The only potential downside might be if your room was on one of the lower floors, and was at the end of the building, you might get disturbed by late-night revellers due to the nightclubs about - having said that, I was only woken up once during my stay.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with friends
Dear Reviewer.

We thank you for your time in posting your very positive comments regarding your recent stay with us.
North Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2009

My friends in work had got a great deal on staying at The Radisson Edwardian as a treat for my new husband and I as we were flying off from Manchester for our honeymoon. Even though it was not near the airport the hotel was spectacular and well worth the extra distance! The staff were so attentive and professional. Even though we had a room at a cheaper rate they did not treat us any different to any of the other hotel customers. Typically it was rainey....but the doorstaff offered us umbrellas and held our luggage as we went out to wander the xmas markets. We didn't eat in the restaurant but had a few cocktails and it was fantastic. When we went our rooms the view was over looking a derelict and delapidated building ....and the GMEX....but the room was amazing. We ordered room service which was prompt and tasted fine. Everything was clean and didn't look tired at all as some have previously commented on...not our room anyway. Was just gutted I didn't check out the pool and spa but we were on our honeymoon!! Definately will be back again as location and access is the best in Manchester from our experiences.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, 26 March 2009
Dear Reviewer.

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay with us.
Lancashire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2009

The reception area was particularly busy when we checked in as it was Valentine’s Day, however it gave me plenty of opportunity to consider the beginning of my review. The foyer area is large with plenty of seating (perhaps for occasions like this!) and modern decor.
We always manage to get a room that is the nosiest part of any hotel we stay at so we specifically asked for a room that wasn’t overlooking the foyer area as we had heard that this could be noisy. So you can imagine our disappointment when we arrived at our room to find that it was next to the lift area. I must admit we didn’t ask to be moved as the hotel was obviously full on this occasion.
The room its self was beautifully decorate with a cosy feel unlike some hotel rooms that can feel stark. The bathroom and dressing area where very impressive with luxurious towels and bathrobes. The concealed drinks area and fridge where of amusement to myself as I hate clutter and this really did conceal this ‘stuff’ that is usually left out.
The Valentine’s package meant that we had a lovely bottle of bubbly, rose petals (real not dry) and a book of poems in our room, very romantic touches.
We used the pool and steam room in the hotel which are just as you would expect, clean, tidy and well maintained.
The hotel is in a great location with lots of places to eat and drink nearby, however we love the Lotus Bar in the hotel so didn’t go too far.
We completed the express check out to avoid the inevitable in the morning.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer.

We are most grateful for your very kind comments.
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2009

The hotel has really good internet connection, business centre, really well informed concierge - everything to make your business trip really easy. The location is great too - really central. The bar is also really good for drinks after work. It is my number one business hotel in Manchester - one I would take my husband to for a city-break.

• Stayed September 2007, travelled on business
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, 17 March 2009
Dear Reviewer.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay. Please contact me directly when you next have the occasion to stay in Manchester. I will make the arrangements personally for you.

Stephen Miles.
lincolnshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2009

My wife and I have now stayed twice at this hotel and both times we gave full points-10 out of 10. Staff attentiveness was a joy to behold,rooms were clean and tidy and we were unble to find any fault.
We are already looking forward to our next stay at the Radisson.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer.

We are very grateful for your feedback.

Stephen Miles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
The Midland
The Lowry Hotel
The Lowry Hotel
#3 of 20 in Salford
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,381 reviews

Been to Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester? Share your experiences!