“Very nice hotel, great service”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester
Ranked #20 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 5 January 2010

I would like to recommend this hotel to anyone who has to spend some days in Manchester for business, it is located right into the center of the city, has amazing business facilities and also other personal amenities for your spare time. I will bring my customers back there again.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Viatgerdelondon
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2010

Dear Reviewer.

We are very grateful for your feedback.

We looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 4 January 2010

My sister and I have just returned from a weekend in Manchester.

We really wanted to say how much we enjoyed our stay. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel extremely welcome and nothing was too much trouble. From the gentleman on the door to the reception staff, to room service to spa, concierge and bar, the staff are all friendly, professional, and courteous. The ambience in the hotel was very relaxed, welcoming and personable which all added to the enjoyment of our stay.

I often stays in hotels around the country for business and have extensive experience of the hotel industry. I was very impressed with the level of service and hospitality shown by all the staff at every level. My sister works in the service industry and her company prides iteself on its customer service levels and this is something that she feels is so important but is overlooked today. I really want to stress how impressed I was by all the staff. We took advantage of the spa and had a massage and a steam, and all of the ladies in the gym were friendly, chatty and helpful. My massage was incredible and the best I've ever had! We also used room service and the food was amazing and well above our expectations and experience of room service dining. Didier in the bar also looked after us and we were very impressed when he remembered us and our choice of drink!

We were in Manchester to watch Doves at Manchester Central and the location was perfect for us but after this weekend we would both like to return to Manchester this hotel.

We felt the Radisson Edwardian is a perfect example of what a hotel experience should be. The staff really deserve to be acknowledged for their impecable service.

• Stayed: December 2009
2  Thank Love40
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2010

Dear Reviewer.

Thank you so much for the really great feedback.

Reviewed 2 January 2010

I normally stay at the city inn but i thought i would stay somewhere a touch nicer for New Years Eve.

The NYE plan was Cloud 23 on top of the Hilton, but looking at the reviews i decided to stay in the Radisson rather than the Hilton!!

This is a lovely plush comfortable hotel, which has been very well done.

I arrived in the hotel about 6pm and went up to the room, there was a cleaning trolley in front of the door and the poor cleaner was busy making the room up! We stood there for about 10 minutes whilst she finished off!

My only gripe with this hotel was the Opus One (hotel bar) was busy and there were only two staff on (at about 8pm) one making cocktails and one serving table both rushed off their feet.

After 20 min of waiting we went to the bar at the hilton to start the night off.

On new years day I went to Alto (the restaurant ) for lunch. I missed breakfast which was not a problem. I got a table and sat down. We were given a menu and the staff forgot about us. I got bored of trying to get the staffs attention so just walked up to the bar in there and ordered drinks myself!

When the food arrived i have to say it was fantatstic and perfectly cooked, not the healthest start to the new year but a delicious one

Stunning pool and a nice clean gym

Overall lovely hotel, it is worth paying the extra to stay here, shame the staff were not a bit sharper

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Rugbyplayer25

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your very kind comments. We apologize for the short delay in serving your drinks in Opus. Opus was particularly busy that evening I have spoken to all the five bar staff on duty that night and reminded them of our normal high standards of customer care.

Reviewed 1 January 2010

My husband and I booked to spend new years eve at the Radisson. We've previously been to the bar and restaurant here and always enjoyed the experience so thought it would make the perfect location to see in the new year.

The customer service was flawless right from someone opening the hotel door upon arrival through to the turn down service and phoning the room just to check that everything was okay. The room was by far the nicest hotel room I've ever had in a UK hotel. Nice wet room, good fixtures and fittings such as a proper iron and ironing board and a safe large enough for a laptop. We also had a great view of the town hall which was nice. I would have prefered a firmer bed and also black out curtains particularly as the room had floor to ceiling windows.

What was disappointing was the lack of luxury and a decent new years vibe in the bar. We came in after dining in Manchester at around 11pm to find that Opus One (the main bar) was packed with children running around. That's not really my idea of seeing in the new year in style.

Even though the main restaurant had stopped serving food and is co-located with main bar we were told we couldn't sit in it and order drinks. The second bar area was closing at this time which I find particularly poor as the main bar was so full. We were told that it was closing because breakfast is served there in the morning. I think the hotel missed a trick in doing that. We ended with no alternative but to go up to our room taking champagne with us.

Although this hotel is excellent, and I have no hesitation in staying there again, it lacks sufficient public space for drinking and eating which appears to be a major problem when the hotel is busy. Apart from that we had an enjoyable and comfortable stay.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer.

Thank you for your constructive feedback. We do make a conscious decision to close Alto Restaurant at 11pm. This allows us to reset and clean this Restaurant as it is open all day.

Opus Restaurant is open till 2 pm.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Free Trade Hall very soon.

Reviewed 29 December 2009

I booked this hotel as a surprise treat for my boyfriend on our anniversary and I was not dissapointed by the quality of the Radisson Edwardian at all. I was already familiar with Manchester City Centre and knew that this hotel would be a perfect location for shopping, dining, and entertainment. Deansgate is a 2min walk away for bars, pubs and clubs and the city centre is practically at your doorstep.
I booked a double room and found it to be luxurious and everything we could have wanted for our stay. Our room overlooked the G-MEX centre and had an amazing view of beetham tower. I loved the wet room style bathroom, although i was a little concerned that the water was going to reach the carpet in the room!
All in all, a lovely hotel which really made our stay in Manchester that much more special! I will definitely be looking for the Radisson brand when booking hotels in the future.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer.

Thank You so much for taking the time to complete this review.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 20 December 2009

We have been fortunate to stay in a number of 5 star hotels over the years and I have become a bit `fussy`, as I always compare them to each other.

I am pleased to say, that this hotel did not disappoint. In fact I would go to say that it is one of the best hotels that I have had the pleasure of staying in.
From the moment you walk through the door, to check-in and into your room, you actually feel you are welcome in this beautiful hotel. Warm friendly greetings, were nothing is too much trouble for any of the hotel staff. The interior of the hotel is modern, but sympathetic to the buildings history. Lots of white stone, glass and sculptures in the wall.

I was pleasantly surprised to get an upgrade to a suite on the 5th floor. Absolutely wonderful!! Stylish, chic, clean and a great relaxing area away from the bustling streets. The suite had an enclosed private balcony, with 2 chairs and a table, a pity it was too cold to sit out and enjoy the facilities.
We went for a concert at the MEN arena, which was only a 20 minute walk. The christmas market was 200yds away and a multitude of shops, bars and restaurants are no more than 5 mkinutes walk.

I would definitely recommend a stay here to anyone, business or pleasure, in fact I am looking forward to next christmas and will stay for a few days, to explore and enjoy the city a bit more.

If I had to look hard to find something that was missing from my stay.... No biscuits in the room with the coffee!! Everything else was faultless.

Tip - The radisson is in a listed building, so is unable to have large signs out the front, my sat-nav sent me in circles as I couldn't see the hotel signs. It's a white stone building opposite a careers information office, with a taxi rank outside. The windows do have the hotel name on, but when you are in a car, it is difficult to see. However, if you look high enough on approach to the hotel, there is a large sign on the top.
There is very limited parking outside (6-8 cars) on a meter. We used the recommended indoor parking in an old railway warehouse next door (£17 for 24 hrs).

So, well done Radisson Edwardian. A beautiful hotel with friendly, professional staff set in a great location.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Neile7
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2009

Dear Reviewer.

Thank you very much for your feedback.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Free Trade Hall very soon.

Reviewed 7 December 2009

stayed at this hotel in november, from walking through the door to leaving nothing was to much trouble, the staff were some of the nicest i have ever met, the rooms were clean and tidy, thought the bar prices and breakfast was expensive, but it was the best breakfast i have ever had, there was a good choice, all local produce i believe , it was excellent, would defenetly return.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
StephenMiles, Genearl Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2009

Dear Reviewer.
Thank you very much for your very lind comments, relating to your recent stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.