“Very swish and comfortable hotel”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester
Ranked #18 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Sedgwick, United Kingdom
“Very swish and comfortable hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2010

Difficult to fault this hotel. Well-appointed room, spotlessly clean. Good quality food. Attentive and efficient staff who are obviously achieving high standards I was most impressed by the attention to little details - for example someone tidied my room and shut the curtains whilst I was out having dinner... more than met my expecations and would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, 1 March 2010
Thank you for this very kind feedback, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (731)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
silverstone
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2010

I was a bit concerned after reading some earlier reviews but I have to say the staff were really friendly and helpful, not at all snooty. The rooms were lovely and the bed very comfortable. Our room was extremely quiet, we were at the back of the hotel so couldn't hear the traffic.

The bar was really cool but VERY pricey, we popped next door as our 2 drinks worked out at £10 cheaper! Breakfast was good but don't pay £17.50 as they will lower the price, we paid £9.50. The spa was a bit of a joke, tiny pool, tiny jacuzzi and about 3 sunbeds so don't go thinking it's a great place to chill out, it's not.

Overall though a beautiful hotel, good service and the people of Manchester were so friendly!

Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rosiefSilverstone
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, 12 March 2010
Thank you for all of your feedback and in particular the very kind comment regarding members of our team.
For sake of clarification we have achieved the necessary standards for accreditation of 5 star status, however we fully appreciate that individual tases do differ.
West Sussex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2010

I was travelling with my wife and son to celebrate his 21st birthday and had previously had a drink in the bar when last in Manchester. From the check in to check out our experience was very good - the rooms were very comfortable, the food excellent both for dinner and breakfast.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, 23 February 2010
We are delighted that you enjoyed your son's 21st birthday celebration, many thanks for taking the time to post this feedback
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2010

Recently stayed at the hotel in room 910 and I was impressed by the size of the room and the bathroom. It came with a shower and tub.

The bed was very soft which was probably my only criticism, but overal I found the room to be clean and spacious.

The hotel has good facilities for people wishing to stay in the hotel and if I was going to stay again I would like to use the spa.

In terms of location it is very central and an easy walk to all the shops, bars and restaurants.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
Thank you for all of your comments, we look forward to welcoming you back again very soon
Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2010

We stayed at the hotel for two nights during a conference. The staff where extremely helpful and all my requests were handled quickly and efficiently. My stay was a real pleasure and I would definately recommend this hotel

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, 16 February 2010
Thank you for this positive feedback, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay
Birmingham
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2010

I don't intend rambling, I'm writing this only because I've seen other travellers have similar experiences. I thought that maybe I'd been unlucky to encounter the 'bad apples'.

The security if that's who they are are attrocious, the stopped me from going inside with one friend who was staying at the Midland down the road into my room. We didn't intend going to the bar or otherwise inconveniencing the hotel only up to my room.

If that's an official policy then I disagree with it but would have liked to have been told politely - not with expletives and attitude "don't you [--] understand"

You couldn't make it up.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank downtowntraveller
I would like to reassure the reviewer that this incident has been taken very seriously and addressed accordingly. Please accept my sincere apologies.
North East
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2010

We have stayed at the Radisson while in Manchester and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. So We are in Manchester in April thought I would book the Radisson again. I went on the internet website for a contact telephone number and rang to check availability for one night. The girl that I spoke to was very short on the phone and was obviously a call center not direct to the Reception of the Radisson. After asking me several questions in a cant be bothered attitude I decided to give this one a miss and have booked another hotel with staff on the Reception that were very helpful.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank y0rkshire007
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, 9 February 2010
Our in-house Reserevations operate between 8am and 7pm Monday to Friday, I am disappointed that our Central Reservations did not provide our normal high standard response to your enquiry. I have passed the reviewers comments on to them.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manchester
The Midland
The Lowry Hotel
The Lowry Hotel
#3 of 20 in Salford
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,378 reviews

Been to Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester? Share your experiences!