Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester
US$179
US$163
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$130
US$97
  • Free Internet
5,958 results
All reviewsopus barsteak and lobsterthe free trade hallafternoon teawet roomstar hotelcity viewspa facilitieslovely hotelmini barbirthday treathotel barfantastic staylovely roommember of staffstayed here for one nightconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 April 2010

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for two nights while we were going to watch an MU match on Sunday. Even before I stayed there, their staff had given me great impression. I have asked them via email to confirm my reservation and then I requested for a king size bedroom (cause I booked through an agency and I wanted to make sure the agency did everything right). They had given my request detailed follow up and always come back with prompt replies. Before I arrived, I have also asked them for detail transportation information and once again the reply was prompt and clear.
The minute I stepped into their lobby for check-in, I was a happy customer. The staff at check-in counter was very efficient. He prepared everything for us and answered all our questions in just a few minutes. We couldn't wait to go back to our room and have some rest after a long journey and he understood that.
The room was great. Roomy, spotlessly clean, modern and comfortable. The hotel attends to details which makes customers comfortable and happy - free wi-fi, the soap and shampoo bottles always re-filled, very comfortable beddings, etc. When I found the water kettle a bit rustic, the housekeeper changed it to a new one immediately and kept apologizing for it. Housekeeping service was prompt and efficient.
Breakfast was awesome. Although it was buffet style, the quality of food exceeded expectations. They had everything in the buffet bar and everything was good. I was prepared to try their famous afternoon high tea at Opus One restaurant but it was fully booked. That was the only disappointment I had during my stay.
Location of the hotel is excellent. Just a few minutes walk from the Metro station at St Peter's Square and 5 minutes walk from the nearest train station. Taking a taxi from Piccadilly train station to the hotel only takes 5 minutes and 5-8 pounds. Most importantly, the area is quiet and safe.
One last thing I would recommend for improvement: they should subscribe a TV channel that have live broadcast of the EPL. I was told that they do not have ESPN channel and therefore some of the live matches can only be seen in the pub across the street. Many people traveled to Manchester for soccer and it will be nice if we can watch some of the matches comfortably inside our room.
Having said that, I will definitely come back again if I visit Manchester again. For other travelers, I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank small_legs
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2010

Thank you for all of this very valuable feedback, we are delighted you had an enjoyable stay. Due to our license we are unable to broadcast ESPN in our bedrooms although we do show it in Alto Bar, apologies that this was not explained to you during your stay.

Reviewed 1 April 2010

Stayed one night here - got a good rate on late rooms. The reception staff were extremely pleasant. The room was fine - I know it is supposed to be 5 star - I would suggest it was more like a good 4 star.

The Spa was lovely and the treatments excellent - very nice staff once again.

I would recommend this hotel but only if you got it at a good discount rate.

Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2010

Thank you for providing this feedback, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay and in particular your experionce of Sienna Spa

Reviewed 25 March 2010

Had a fantastic afternoon champagne tea today for my mothers 80th birthday. It was excellent. My mother was thrilled. Food and service excellent. Door staff gave a lovely welcome and came and informed us when the restaurant was open.
Thank you for making it such a memorable afternoon.
Sue

• Stayed: March 2010
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2010

Thank your for your comments, we are delighted that your Mother enjoyed her birthday celebrations.

Reviewed 24 March 2010

Late check in, upgraded to a great room with a fantasic layout. Free internet access is brilliant and does not drop when you leave the room.

Great overnight sleep, everything that you would want for a rest full night sleep.

Food service second to none, good price and loved the tables in the bar area, so you can work eat and watch football!! Slight queue for breakfast, but even that was cleared quickly. Had lunch and that was good and even a certain premiership manager from one side of the City dropped in for a coffee....so backs up my claim as the best Manchester has too offer, his team should look and learn!

One downside I'm heading to Manchester for family weekend in May and wanted to book at reception on check out and come back, but the saturday of the 3 day break is full :-(

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank FamilyfromScotland59
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2010

Thank you for all of this fantastic feedback, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. Please contact our reservations department who will be happy to double check the availability for your requested dates.

Reviewed 20 March 2010

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left I could find nothing wrong with this hotel.

Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank skoggie
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2010

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay, thank you for this feedback regarding the service you received.