“Mixed Bag - some good some not so good.”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester
Ranked #19 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
UK
“Mixed Bag - some good some not so good.”
Reviewed 29 August 2010

Had a 2 night stay here with my wife. Enjoyed an excellent meal in the Opus restaurant on the first night. Staff were generally excellent and very friendly. The room was nice but was fitted with large, wide vertical blinds rather than curtains. Unfortunately, when closed they did not sit flat and upon daybreak light streamed into the room disturbing your sleep. We tried to sort this on the second night by placing items against the blinds. This was only partially successful. I decided I would like to have a spa treatment so dutifully went down to the Spa to book only to be told that they were fully booked a month in advance! Not a lot of use to hotel guests! Oh well off to Arizona next week and will visit a Spa there!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, 1 September 2010
Thank you for all of this feedback, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay and meal in the restaurant. I was most concerned to read your comments about the blinds and will attempt to identify the room in order to carry out repairs. Sienna Spa is very popular especially during weeknds therefore we do recommend booking treatments in advance.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (744)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
Stoke on Trent
Reviewed 29 August 2010

Have just stayed here last night, saturday 28 august. We had booked the normal room but paid for an upgrade to an Alfresco Suite. It was for our anniversary, and it couldnot of been finer.
Room was excellent, Alex the concierge was very knowledgeable and nothing was to much trouble.
Close to the centre and a personal feel for a 5 star hotel, all in all makes for an excellen t stay.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Thank you for providing this great review, we are delighted you enjoyed your anniversay celebration.
London
Reviewed 27 August 2010

Further to my previous review in May where I suffered the unfortunate circumstance of being checked in to an already occupied room late at night, I felt it only fair to come back and post what a great job the Radisson did on my next visit. They had followed up following my visit in May to again apologise and to offer me an upgrade on my return. I arrived late in the evening, was recognised at reception and another apology was made. The upgrade was honoured, I having telephoned the previous day to ensure it would be and within a couple of minutes, a record of the promise having been found. Check in was uneventful, the room was very well appointed. The only two suggestions I have is that the air con system is rather tempermental which made switching the noisy fan off a bit of an art and the lack of a bedside phone means something of a walk to answer my wake up call! Breakfast the following morning was good and I'm pleased to report that Radio 2 no longer blares from the speakers in the dining room. I will be back and would heartily recommend this hotel to any business travellers to Manchester.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, 7 September 2010
I am delighted that we have restored your faith on this return visit and would like to thank you for again providing some constructive feedback. We hope to welcome you back again very soon.
west yorkshire
Reviewed 26 August 2010

We decided to book a night in manchester for our anniversary and usually stay at the lowry hotel. I came across the raddison and got a really good rate and am so glad we went, the staff were so helpful and friendly, and the place just had a good vibe. The afternoon tea is excellent value and really lovely, I have to say the waiting staff in there were just so helpful and attentive. I liked the choice of two restaurants and two bars and the fact the hotel has such a good location. The pool was also a good asset. The rooms were large, modern and very clean, nice toiletries. I dont think think we will be back at the lowry again, for us its raddison all the way.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, 27 August 2010
Thank you for this feedback, we are delighted you enjoyed your anniversay and that we are now your chosen hotel when visiting Manchester. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon
UK
Reviewed 25 August 2010

Stayed here for a meeting at the (very!) nearby conference centre. THis was mainly meant as a place to sleep, but the great design, mix of modern and antiques really made this a memorable stay. Helpful, effective and attentive staff throughout. Room very spacious, well laid out with a great bathroom. THe place to stay in in Manchester I think!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Thank your for this very positive feedback and kind comments, we are pleased you enjoyed your experience of our service and product.
Derbyshire
Reviewed 24 August 2010

Excellent from start to finish. Great staff, great room, great restaurant, great location. Great, great, great!!
The extras (free glass of bubbly, chocolate dipped strawberries) for my partners birthday were a lovely touch. They also accommodated us in the room i requested.
I would happily recommend the radisson in manchester.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
StephenMiles, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Manchester, responded to this review, 25 August 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write this review, we are really pleased your partner enjoyed the birthday celebrations.
Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2010

This hotel is excellent, however, if you are considering staying for spa treatments, do not. The staff are incompetent, rude and seem to think that your treatment are beneath them or a waste of their time. I have been to spa's all over the world and I have never been spoken to or made to feel upset like that before.

Do not use the spa or ask for assistance from the health centre staff.

1 Thank wendybaron
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. I was most concerned to read your comments and would like to have the opportunity to discuss this in further detail so that I can fully understand the issues you encountered. If you would be kind enough to contact me on 0161 835 9929, I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.